ore therapy, Collins said. Were hoping that in a

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 15.04.2018 15:07
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

TORONTO - As the Blue Jays played the Orioles in the opener of a four-game series Thursday evening, Friday nights starter was making his way to Toronto from Portland, Maine. Sean Nolin, a 23-year-old lefthander who was the clubs sixth round pick in the 2010 draft, will make his major league debut. "Super excited," said Nolin, who arrived shortly after the Blue Jays 12-6 win over Baltimore and addressed the media almost immediately. "(Pitching in the major leagues) is something Ive wanted to do since I was probably five years old and Im happy to be here." It was a whirlwind day. Nolin was informed of his call up while sitting in the dugout as his New Hampshire Fisher Cats teammates were playing Portland. He quickly packed, made the two hour drive from Portland to Boston, caught a flight to Toronto and arrived at Rogers Centre shortly after 10 oclock. There will be no rest for the weary. Nolin couldnt predict how well, if at all, he would sleep but when he arrives at the park on Friday catcher J.P. Arencibia will be waiting for him. They have a game plan to discuss. "I got to catch him last year when I was rehabbing in the (Florida) State League for the playoffs," said Arencibia. "Hes got good stuff. The biggest thing to know is youre here for a reason, you belong here. Hes got great stuff. Its just now about going out there and playing. Its the same exact game, no different, its just relaxing and trusting your abilities. God gave him some gifts, just use them." Nolin features four pitches: fastball, changeup, curveball and slider. In three starts with New Hampshire, Nolin is 2-0 with a 1.17 ERA. Hes struck out 16 hitters in 15 1/3 innings. All the more impressive considering Nolin missed the first month of the season rehabbing an injury. Nolins parents, Edward and Patricia, will be in attendance Friday night after making the 10-hour drive from their Long Island home. Theyd drive but they dont yet have their passports. "Thats on them," Nolin joked. Casey Janssen reflected on his major league debut, also against Baltimore, on April 27, 2006. "I was kind of in awe," said Janssen. "You think all that hard work and all the time and efforts that you put into it; of course its a special day. I honestly couldnt wait for it to be over. Hopefully his nerves will be calmed down a little bit and he can pitch his game and pitch to his strengths and treat it as much as he can as if its just another baseball game." Meantime, the Blue Jays will give the ball to Chad Jenkins on Sunday. Jenkins, whos been available out of the bullpen but hasnt been used, hasnt pitched since throwing five effective innings of one run ball in a 12-4 win at Boston on May 12. "Ive been able to throw quite a few pens so my location, I mean I threw a pen the other night, my location feels pretty good, a lot of happier than I thought I was going to be with it," said Jenkins of dealing with the time off. "So, for me, thats kept me fresh and then the fact these past few nights Ive had to mentally lock in that I might actually have to pitch in a game so that right there has helped me visually what I have to get done." EPY GUERRERO PASSES AWAY The Blue Jays held a moment of silence prior to Thursdays game to mourning the death of long-time scout Epy Guerrero. Guerrero is credited with signing more than 40 Latino players who would play in the big leagues. He was responsible for acquiring some of the Blue Jays greatest ever talent, including Tony Fernandez, George Bell and Carlos Delgado. Guerrero died on Thursday. He was 71. Lee Smith Jersey . Coach Tom Thibodeau says the former MVP will probably start travelling with the team in the next few weeks. Rose tore the meniscus in his right knee at Portland in November and was ruled out for the remainder of the season by the Bulls. Howie Long Jersey . Traditional contenders Brazil, Greece and Turkey drew the other three spots to complete the 24-team field for this summers tournament in Spain, basketball governing body FIBA announced Saturday at its meeting in Barcelona. http://www.officialauthenticraidersstore.com/authentic-gabe-jackson-jersey.html . Siddikur, whose previous win on the circuit came in Brunei three years ago, finished his bogey-free round with a birdie on the 18th for a total of 17-under 199. Indias Shiv Chowrasia, who has finished runner-up in this tournament twice, was in second place after a 66. Khalil Mack Jersey . -- Linebacker Myles Jack ran for four touchdowns, defensive end Cassius Marsh caught a scoring pass, and No. Donald Penn Jersey . -- Kyrie Irvings last-minute 3-pointer helped seal another victory for Cleveland -- and the Cavaliers longest winning streak since LeBron James left. NEW YORK -- Steven Matz is not ready to come off the disabled list, and the New York Mets have scratched him from his scheduled start Thursday night against Miami.The rookie left-hander, sidelined with tightness in his pitching shoulder, said he felt OK after throwing off a mound Sunday but experienced discomfort while playing catch Monday. Jacob deGrom will be moved up a day to start for Matz in the finale of a four-game series between NL wild-card contenders, manager Terry Collins said Tuesday.Tests showed no structural damage in the shoulder, according to Matz and Collins.Just a little irritation. Still bugging me a little bit, dont quite feel I can really let it go yet. Talked to them and the training staff, and that was the decision, just give it some more rest and let it calm down, Matz said. Theres just irritation in the rotator cuff. As far as the medical terms, the doctor said everything structurally looks OK, its just classic impingement, is what I guess you can call it.In other injury-related news, Neil Walker remained out of the lineup for the third consecutive game Tuesday with a stiff back.The second baseman has been to the doctor for tests but Collins was cryptic about Walkers recurring condition, saying he was aware of the diagnosis but wasnt at liberty to reveal it.Collins indicated the team hopes Walker can play Wednesday -- but also said if the switch-hitter returns to the lineup, he will need to monitor and manage his back regularly and wont play five or six days in a row.Theres a lot of concern, Collins said. He wants to wait one more day, which I totally get. The more rest, the better hes going to feel. So lets just see how he is tomorrow.Walker, who can become a free agent after the World Series, has matched his career high with 23 home runs in his first season with the Mets since they acquired him from Pittsburgh in a trade. He was batting .282 with a .347 on-base percentage and 55 RBI.He kind of thinks hes a lot better today and thats why we think tomorrow well know a lot more, Collins said.There was some good news for the Mets: Sttreaking shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera returned to the starting lineup and hit a two-run homer on the first pitch he saw.dddddddddddd It was the 17th home run this season and fourth in 11 at-bats for the reigning NL player of the week.Cabrera left Sundays loss to Philadelphia in the first inning after aggravating a left knee injury that sidelined him twice earlier this year. He struck out as a pinch-hitter Monday night.Matz, who had been pitching with a bone spur in his elbow, said he believes he will return to the mound this season.I think its a day-to-day thing. The doctor believes I can pitch again, with the results and MRI, he said. Its not a surgery-type deal.Matz is 9-8 with a 3.40 ERA in 22 starts and 132 1/3 innings. He took a no-hitter into the eighth inning of his most recent outing, Aug. 14 against San Diego.My arm was feeling great, which was why this is a big disappointment, because I was really feeling really good and a few days after throwing that last game I threw, something just started barking at me and it hasnt really subsided since, he said.Matz said originally it was a curveball that caused him discomfort, but now he simply feels it when throwing.I was able to get my tossing in, but for me to get on the mound and throw a bullpen and tell them Im ready for a game would be unrealistic in my mind, he said.Rookie right-handers Robert Gsellman and Seth Lugo will both remain in the rotation until Matz is ready to return, Collins said.Matz probably wont throw for at least a few days.He needs more rest. He needs to continue some more therapy, Collins said. Were hoping that in a couple days we can throw him over the weekend and see if he can be ready next week.New York added a fresh arm to the bullpen Tuesday, recalling right-hander Logan Verrett from Triple-A Las Vegas. Right-hander Rafael Montero was optioned back to Double-A Binghamton after throwing 100 pitches over five shutout innings in a spot start Monday night. Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping China NFL Jerseys China Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys 2019 Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys From China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.