ours 11 minutes to play. ... Announced attend

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 14.04.2018 16:21
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

RIO DE JANEIRO -- When he wakes up in the morning, Kyrie Irving first looks at the scar stretching across his left knee, an enduring symbol of his journey over the past year.Its been quite a climb.Its crazy to see how its worked out, he said.At this time last summer, Irving, the U.S. Olympic teams ankle-breaking point guard -- and kid brother to his doting teammates -- was at a personal low point.Playing in his first NBA Finals in 2015, Irving shattered his kneecap while banging into Golden States Klay Thompson in Game 1. The freakish injury not only cost the Cleveland Cavaliers a possible championship, but brought more criticism to Irving, who played in just 11 games in college because of a foot injury and has battled assorted maladies during his career.He had been knocked down before, never like this. Bedridden at first, he graduated to crutches and endured grueling hours of rehab.Once he started running again, he never stopped.Irving returned from the injury and, along with LeBron James, led the Cavs to a historic comeback championship -- Clevelands first since 1964 -- this season. And as if lifted from a Hollywood screen play, Irvings game-winning 3-pointer in Game 7 came from just a few feet from where his knee buckled the previous June.Just 24 and maybe only beginning to tap into his potential as a player, Irving is now on the verge of pulling off a rare doubleheader -- an NBA and Olympic title in the same year.It would be great, he said Tuesday following practice. I just want to get it done.It wont be easy. Nothing has been in the Rio Games for the U.S. team, which escaped three close calls while going 5-0 during pool play. The Americans, seeking their third straight gold medal, will face another tough test in Wednesdays quarterfinals against Argentina, the last team to beat them in Olympic competition and an experienced group featuring future Hall of Famer Manu Ginobili and a handful of current and former NBA players.In his first Olympics, Irving knows the stars and stripes on their jerseys are also bullseyes.All the pressure is on us every single time we take the floor, which I happily accept, said Irving, who tied a U.S. record with 12 assists in a win over France. You gotta respect those guys. They make great offensive plays as well as defensively. You gotta be well prepared.Irving has learned there are no shortcuts to greatness.Following his injury, Irving received support from family and friends. However, he realized that if he was going to make it back and be better than ever, there was only one person who could lift him.I just had to figure it out on my own, he said. I was going to be the only one who was going to get myself out of that funk. I just had to climb out of it. It really took a lot of pride, a lot of anger, built-up rage that I just had to let go. I just had to attack my rehab and attack the little things that were going to make the biggest difference when I came back.Irving has been re-united on Team USA with coach Mike Krzyzewski, who recruited him to Duke but only had him on the floor for a fraction of his freshman season. When Irving considered going pro, it was Coach K who encouraged him to take the leap.Theyve remained close and Irving has had to accept his coachs praise and wrath.I dont think we would be able to speak genuinely about each other if we didnt have a genuine relationship, Irving said. Im very fortunate to have a mentor like that and have a guy like that in my corner.His teammates have Irvings back as well.Stars in their own right, theyve watched him mature during his short stint on the national team. They also appreciate the work and sacrifice that went into his recovery.That just shows how relentless he is, U.S. center DeAndre Jordan said. Hes a warrior. I have so much respect for Kyrie. A lot of guys could feel sorry for themselves, but that wasnt him. He came back with a vengeance, had a hell of a season, led his team to an NBA Finals and ultimately to a championship.I have a lot of respect for that guy as a leader.While the past year has been richly rewarding and satisfying for Irving, theres unfinished business.Im glad, but its not over yet, he said. I still have one more thing to do and thats get a gold medal with this great team. Under Armour Cheap Shoes . The 19-year-old Olsen played 34 games with the Kelowna Rockets of the WHL this season. In that time, hes recorded 17 goals and 17 assists with 36 penalty minutes. Mens Under Armour Scorpio Running Shoes . "Hes going to have hip surgery on Jan. 7, and hell be expected to rehabilitate for four to six months beyond that," Canucks general manager Mike Gillis said Friday in an interview. http://www.stephencurryshoe.com/under-armour-shoes-on-sale/ua-speedform.html . -- Al Jefferson found a groove just in time for the Charlotte Bobcats. Under Armour Outlet . MLS Commissioner Don Garber and Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Gimenez also will attend the session, which was announced Monday. The league has discussed placing its next two expansion teams in Miami and Atlanta. Mens Ua Speedform® Gemini Team Running Shoes . He was followed closely by David Clarkson, donning red, seconds later. Clarksons actions one night earlier, leaping off the bench in defence of Kessel during a pre-season game against the Buffalo Sabres, will cost him the first 10 games of the regular season.TORONTO -- The Toronto Blue Jays needed to be in top form with unbeaten starter Max Scherzer on the mound for Detroit on Wednesday night. Instead they turned in a sloppy effort and the Tigers made them pay. Scherzer won his 13th straight decision and Alex Avila hit a three-run homer as Detroit defeated Toronto 6-2 at Rogers Centre. The Blue Jays made three errors on the night, leading to five unearned runs. "We definitely didnt help ourselves there," said Toronto manager John Gibbons. "And like Ive said before, against the better pitchers if you fall behind like that its an uphill battle." Scherzer (13-0) allowed seven hits, two earned runs and had eight strikeouts over 6 1-3 innings. He became the first starting pitcher to open the season by winning 13 straight decisions since Roger Clemens, who went 14-0 to start the 1986 season with the Boston Red Sox. Torontos Josh Johnson (1-3) turned in another inconsistent outing and also struggled in the field, making two errors in the third inning alone. The games key miscue was an error by second baseman Emilio Bonifacio that led to four unearned runs in the second inning. That was more than enough offence for Scherzer, who was hit hard a few times but maintained his steadiness throughout. Victor Martinez chipped in with a solo homer drove in two runs for Detroit (45-38). Toronto (41-43) fell two games below the .500 mark with its second straight loss and will need a win Thursday to salvage a split of the four-game series. Johnson, who returned to the lineup June 9 after missing seven weeks with right triceps inflammation, lasted five innings and allowed seven hits, one earned run, two walks and had five strikeouts. He has pitched five innings or less in five of his 10 starts this year. "Thats the frustrating thing is Im feeling good and I just want to go out there and throw some innings for this team and Im not really doing my job," Johnson said. The veteran right-hander gave up an infield single to Prince Fielder in the second inning. Martinez then hit a tailor-made double-play ball that went through Bonifacios legs and rolled into right field. Jhonny Peralta followed with a single that scored Fielder with the games first run. Johnson recorded the next two outs before Avila turned on a 3-2 pitch for his sixth homer of the year. The Blue Jays threatened in the bottom half but couldnt push a run across. Mark DeRosa hit a two-out triple and J.P. Arencibia followed with a blast to centre field that Austin Jackson snagged with a highlight-reel catch at the top of the wall. In the third, Johnson fumbled a dribbler near the front of the mound. That allowed Torii Hunter to reach base and he scored on a Martinez single to make it 5-0. Johnson later mishandled a chopper for his second error. The Tigers loaded the bases but Jose Bautista prevented any further damage with a nice running catch on an Omar Infante drive to right-centre field. Infante had to leave the game in the fourth inning with a left leg injury after a hard slide by Colby Rasmus on a potential doublle-play ball.dddddddddddd. Gibbons declined comment on the play and the Toronto centre-fielder wasnt immediately available to discuss it after the game. "Were really mad about that slide, thats a very dirty play in my book," Scherzer said. "When you watch it on replay, his spikes are up, hes sliding late. Rajai Davis is running there, hes going to be safe at first, were most likely not going to turn two there. "Theres no reason to slide in like that. I feel like he should be suspended." Martinez padded Detroits lead in the fifth when he smacked a 1-2 pitch over the wall in right field for his seventh homer of the season. Todd Redmond, who was called up earlier in the day from triple-A Buffalo, relieved Johnson and gave up a leadoff single to Jackson. With tension already high after the Rasmus slide, Redmond then hit Hunter just below the shoulder. The veteran right-fielder had a few choice words for the Toronto hurler and the benches and bullpens emptied. No punches were thrown and Hunter eventually walked down to first base. Hunter said his outburst was nothing against Redmond, he was just emotional because his teammate had been injured a few minutes earlier. "You take away somebody like that whos very important to our ball club, Im upset," Hunter said. "You take out a guy dirty like that, Im upset. The lateness of his slide, the spikes were high. "It was all wrong." Redmond got out of the jam when Miguel Cabrera lined out into a double play and Fielder struck out. The Blue Jays got on the board in the bottom of the sixth inning. Jose Reyes led off with a single and moved to second on a Bautista single. After an Adam Lind strikeout, Rasmus drove Reyes in with a single to right field. Rajai Davis struck out and Maicer Izturis drove in Bautista with a single to left. Scherzer was pulled after giving up a one-out single to Bonifacio in the seventh inning. Bruce Rondon came on in relief and got Reyes to pop up and Bautista to hit into a forceout. Redmond, who is expected to get a start on Sunday, allowed only one hit over three shutout innings. Toronto reliever Dustin McGowan struck out the side in the ninth. Joaquin Benoit picked up the final three outs for the Tigers. Notes: X-rays on Infantes leg were negative. He suffered a shin contusion and will be re-evaluated Thursday. ... Blue Jays slugger Edwin Encarnacion was given a third straight day off to rest his sore left hamstring. He remains day to day. ... DeRosas triple was his first since Sept. 18, 2009 when he was with the St. Louis Cardinals. ... Toronto outhit Detroit 9-8. ... Rock legend Alice Cooper threw out the ceremonial first pitch. ... The game took three hours 11 minutes to play. ... Announced attendance was 28,958. ... Rondon hit 100 m.p.h. on the radar gun with his first pitch of the game. ... Torontos Esmil Rogers (3-3) is scheduled to start the series finale against Justin Verlander (8-5). ... The Blue Jays will close out their seven-game homestand with a weekend series against the Minnesota Twins. Discount NFL Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys 2019 NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.