mpted him to consider saving Lady Le Day for Listed

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 31.03.2018 10:15
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

Going into their first Junior World Cup, it might have been fair to say the Austrian hockey team - ranked lowest amongst the participants -- were rank outsiders. Their results in Lucknow are not doing justice to the tag. After holding Argentina to a draw in their opening game, Austria produced yet another upset beating Korea 5-2 in their second Pool A match in Lucknow on Saturday. With four points from two games, the side coached by former India manager Cedric DSouza are currently top of their group and within touching distance of a quarterfinal spot (the top two teams make the last eight)Im ecstatic with the result. Im very proud of the team, says DSouza who also coaches the Delhi Waveriders franchise in the Hockey India League. DSouza said that the fact that the team went in to the tournament as the weakest on paper played to their advantage. We went into the tournament as the lowest ranked side (the Austrian senior team is currently 21st in the FIH rankings. Korea is 11th and Olympic champions Argentina are 2nd) We were the minnows. But that meant that there was no pressure on us, says DSouza.As a result Austria could focus on their strengths. In teams such as Germany, Australia and India, a number of players are in the senior squad as well. Our players dont have the benefit of playing at that high level. We needed to keep our defensive structure. And we have been able to maintain our discipline, he says.DSouza said he knew the Koreans would press hard against his side. Against Korea we knew they would be very attacking so our plan was to hit them on the counter. We played fast and passed often because if we kept the ball for too long, we would be in trouble, says DSouza.That strategy played out perfectly in Lucknow on Saturday. Field goals from Marcel Hilbert (8th minute) and Pit Rudofsky (21st minute) put Austria 2-0 up before Joohan Park (35st minute) pulled one back for Korea just before the break through a penalty stroke. Oliver Binder, who had scored the equalizer against Argentina on Friday, scored Austrias third in the 39th minute through a penalty corner, before Park scored his second through yet another penalty stroke in the 56th to reduce the deficit. Franz Lindengrun made it 4-2 in 60th minute through a penalty corner and Pit Rudofsky rounded off an impressive win in the 62nd minute, scoring his second through a field goal.While the win puts his side in a great position to qualify for the quarterfinals, DSouza says that isnt the teams target. Speaking to ESPN before the tournament, DSouza had said that the seeing the senior team through to the 2020 Olympics was his primary goal, and he viewed Junior WC as a way to groom the youngsters for Tokyo. There are four players who are under 18 in our side for this tournament. This is a great sign for us, he said.For DSouza Saturdays result would be a great milestone on a journey that started in January this year when he was picked as Austrias coach. He had coached Viennese club SV Arminen between 2010 and 2013, helping the side win its first title in 15 years. The president of the Austrian Hockey Federation, Walter Kapounek, had then told him that if there was ever a vacancy for the national teams coach, he would be the first to get a call. Four years later Kapounek drove from Vienna to Antwerp to make the offer in person to DSouza who was then doing commentary for the Hockey World League. At that point I had an offer for a five year contract from a club in Scotland. But I had told them to give me a month to think about it. And then suddenly on the 29th day, Walter drove down to Antwerp to ask me to prepare Austria for the 2020 Olympics. It was a no brainer to agree. What else can you call it but destiny, says DSouza.While his side has had two great results, they have an even bigger challenge coming up next. On Monday, they play Australia. The boys have had a spring in their step after the game against Argentina, but we have a really hard game against Australia. Regardless of the result we need to take lessons from the game. Ive told the boys that our journey is to the 2020 Olympics. Anything else - win or loss-before then is just a pitstop, he says. Jordan Son Of Mars Black Cats . Reassurance came from Paul Tesori, his caddie and close friend whose newborn son is in intensive care in a Florida hospital. "Paul sent me a text this morning, just told me he loved me and wanted to go out and fight as hard as I would any other day," Simpson said Sunday after doing just that. Jumpman Pro Black And White . - The Oakland Raiders re-signed offensive lineman Khalif Barnes on Friday. http://www.rossocorsajordan32.com/air-jordan-11-11-yk/ . Kiriasis and brakeman Franziska Fritz finished two runs in one minute 55.41 seconds -- a mere 0.01 seconds ahead of Meyers and Lolo Jones, who likely bolstered her Olympic hopes by helping give USA-1 a huge push in the second heat. Air Jordan 11 Retro Womens . -- Yogi Ferrell orchestrates pretty much everything in Indianas offence. Jordan 31 Westbrook Pe For Sale .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. After drawing the widest barrier, Lady Le Fays penchant for finding bad luck during spring could be on display again in the $300,000 Ballarat Cup.The Chris Waller-trained mare has drawn barrier 22 for Saturdays Listed race over 2200m, which has a full field of 18 with four emergencies.On Cox Plate day, jockey Hugh Bowman elected to save ground on the inside rail which proved to be the worst part of the Moonee Valley track and she finished sixth in a Group Three race.She was in the same finishing position in the Group Two Matriarch Stakes at Flemington on November 5, starting favourite on both occasions.When youre racing in big fields you need a lot to go your way, Waller said.If you had ddraws against you or racing patterns against you it was hard.ddddddddddddWeve made that excuse for her last two starts.Waller said the wide gate prompted him to consider saving Lady Le Day for Listed ATC Cup (2000m) at Rosehill on December 3.I was disappointed when I saw the barrier draw to the extent I said to the owners do you want to pull out?, Waller said.Shell certainly get room on Saturday.Lady Le Fay shares the second line of betting at $8.50 along with the Darren Weir-trained Lidari.The Lee and Anthony Freedman-trained Cool Chap is the $6.50 favourite. Cheap Jerseys Wholesale China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Wholesale Authentic Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.