French Open runner-up

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 14.12.2017 07:54
von jokergreen0220 • Gaser Lehrling III | 179 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- San Francisco Giants right-hander Matt Cain needs surgery to remove bone chips from his elbow, an operation that likely will end his season. Bobby Baun Jersey . The three-time All-Star sure hopes not. Giants manager Bruce Bochy is fairly certain his one-time ace is done for the year. "If youre putting odds on it, the odds are not going to be that he will pitch," Bochy said Friday. Cain played catch on flat ground, from 60 feet, before the Giants played the New York Mets and is waiting to see how his arm responds before making a decision on when he will have surgery. Bochy, though, said the team allowed him to throw just to "check off that box." Cain has not pitched since July 9 and is 2-7 with a 4.18 ERA. He was checked by Dr. James Andrews, Giants orthopedist Dr. Ken Akizuki and Mets orthopedist Dr. David Altchek. All three doctors were in agreement: the chips have to come out. "Ive had them for 10 years," Cain said. "Theyve always been there. Now theyre mad and letting me know about it." Bochy says Cain will need about three months recovery time so he should be ready for spring training regardless of when he has the operation. The Giants acquired Jake Peavy in a deal with Boston last week. "Fortunate that Jake Peavy was available," Bochy said. "He helps soften that." NOTES: The Giants designated 2B Dan Uggla and OF Tyler Colvin for assignment. They filled the spots by calling up Double-A INF Matt Duffy and OF Jarrett Parker. Uggla was signed by San Francisco on July 21 after being cut by Atlanta and called up four days later. In four games, Uggla was 0 for 11 with six strikeouts, and he made three errors. Colvin batted .223 in 57 games for the Giants this year. ... Bochy said 1B Brandon Belt (concussion) ran and took grounders. Bochy wasnt sure if Belt needed a rehab game, but he could play this weekend. ... CF Angel Pagan (back inflammation) is scheduled to play seven innings in Arizona on Friday and could move to Triple-A Fresno on Saturday. Bochy says Pagan could return Tuesday in Milwaukee. Kris Versteeg Jersey .com) - The Oakland Athletics needed to rely on a lot of young pitchers to win an American League West title this season. Jake Gardiner Jersey . On paper, it looks a little like Andre the Giant taking on a midget wrestler. It has all the makings of a rout with the Americans adding an eighth win in nine outings of this biennial event. The Yanks have eight players in the top 15 in the world while the Internationals have just one. http://www.theleafshockeystore.com/Maple-Leafs-Nikita-Zaitsev-Adidas-Jersey/ .Tzavelas opened the scoring in the 11th and Pereyra added another in the 51st. Emmanuel Kone pulled one back in the 80th and Levadiakos missed several chances to level in the last 10 minutes.Beijing, China (SportsNetwork.com) - Reigning champion and three-time overall titlist Novak Djokovic and red-hot superstar Rafael Nadal were a pair of quarterfinal winners Friday at the $2.315 million China Open. The top-seeded world No. 1 Djokovic cut down 6-foot-6 American Sam Querrey 6-1, 6-2 in a mere 52 minutes, while the second-seeded former No. 1 Nadal came from behind to beat pesky Italian Fabio Fognini 2-6, 6-4, 6-1 on the hardcourts at the National Tennis Center. Nadal was one point away from trailing Fognini 2-6, 1-5 on Day 5 before mounting a dramatic comeback. The U.S. and French Open champion Nadal would supplant Djokovic atop the mens rankings with a victory over Tomas Berdych here on Saturday. The super Spaniard already owns a whopping 10 titles on tour this year and is currently riding a 20-match winning streak. "Its something that doesnt create more pressure for me," Nadal said. "Its something that already happened in the past. If that happens again, it will be good, it will be special for me, but well see. "I am going to have a very tough opponent in front of me. In the end, its anoother match. Wendel Clark Jersey. True, its a little bit more special for the circumstances, but nothing else. Its the semi-final match of a big tournament, I am going to try to be competitive and try to play my best tennis. If not, I am going to have no chance to be through. It is not the moment to think about No. 1; it is the moment to think about Berdych." Nadal is a dominant 15-3 lifetime against Berdych, who lost to the mighty Spaniard in the 2010 Wimbledon final. Nadal is 3-0 versus the Czech slugger this season. The 13-time Grand Slam champion Nadal, who was the China Open champ back in 2005, was last ranked No. 1 in July of 2011. The Australian Open titlist Djokovics opponent in Saturdays semifinals will be fifth-seeded U.S. Open semifinalist Richard Gasquet. Fridays other quarters saw Gasquet upend third-seeded French Open runner-up David Ferrer 6-3, 6-4 and a fourth-seeded Berdych top eighth-seeded American John Isner 7-5, 6-2. The 2011 China Open champion Berdych was a runner-up in Bangkok last week. Ferrer was the 2010 Beijing runner-up to Djokovic. The 2013 China Open titlist will earn $557,100. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.