got stuck in the grass and I ended up looking a bi

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 26.03.2018 16:04
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

Sri Lanka captain Angelo Mathews has said Kusal Mendis 176 in Pallekele was the performance upon which the series against Australia pivoted.Mendis had come to the crease with Sri Lanka still 80 runs behind, and already two second-innings wickets down. But his faultless innings spurred a middle-order resurgence, and Sri Lanka posted a score of 353, on a quickly wearing track. Australia fell well short of the target of 268. Sri Lanka then won the Galle Test in under three days, and were dominant through the back end of the SSC match.The key point I thought was Kusal Mendis innings - that was the turnaround for the whole series after getting all out for 117 at Pallekele, Mathews said. It was a special effort by him to get us on to a winning track. From there onwards it really kicked off. The confidence levels were sky high from there. We worked very hard and actually we worked harder than the first two Tests ahead of the third Test as we were desperate to finish this 3-0.Despite having top-scored in each of the first two Tests, Mendis was the second-highest run-scorer in the series, surpassed by 24-year-old Dhananjaya de Silva, who collected 325 runs at an average of 65. Mendis, however, had only scored one first-class century before this series, and had been picked almost solely on potential, when he initially made the Test team last October.Its just pure talent, with the young batsmen, Mathews said. I suppose Dhananjaya has played a bit of first-class cricket, but Kusal Mendis hasnt. Weve got to take that chance with some people sometimes, and its paid off. You can see the way they batted in extreme conditions - it was turning square. They had Nathan Lyon, Jon Holland, and Steve OKeefe in the first game. Mitchell Starc has been outstanding in the last three or four weeks as well. The calmness and composure of Dhananjaya at No. 7 was great. He handled that pressure well. Kusal Perera also played some brisk knocks, so the future is bright.Rangana Herath, however, was Sri Lankas key performer in the series. He claimed 28 wickets at an average of 12.75. Only Muttiah Muralitharan has taken more wickets for Sri Lanka in a single series - against Zimbabwe in 2001. Herath had also been visibly hampered by a groin injury during the SSC Test, in which he took 13 for 145.Rangana was fantastic, Mathews said. He was bowling off one leg, but one leg was enough for him. He got hit while batting and then he had a groin strain. He couldnt run and he couldnt jump. He was just landing the ball on one leg, and he is unbelievable. He has taken 28 wickets in the series and is one of the best I have seen. The batsmen are having a nightmare facing him no matter how well they play spin. He has been a great team man as well.Herath himself said that he did not envision a whitewash against Australia, prior to the series. He echoed Mathews praise of Mendis and de Silva, but also had encouraging words for left-arm wristspinner Lakshan Sandakan, who took nine wickets at an average of 23 across the three Tests - though, he did not get a breakthrough at the SSC.Sandakan had a good game at Pallekele, Herath said. What I believe is, that when you have three spinners, all three are not going to get wickets in the same game. It will vary. He is a very good bowler. He has to also learn a few things - like control. I am pretty sure that he will learn quickly, and become a very good bowler. Josh Bailey Jersey . 1, meaning problems for the doping controls at both major international sports events next year. The World Anti-Doping Agency provisionally suspended the Moscow Antidoping Center on Sunday, saying its operations must improve or a six-month ban on the facilitys accreditation will be imposed. Nikolay Kulemin Jersey .com) - The Chicago Blackhawks aim for their third three-game winning streak of the season when they host the struggling Edmonton Oilers in Sundays battle at the United Center. http://www.hockeyislandersonline.us/Bryan-Trottier-Jersey/ . Bradwell was scheduled to become a free agent Tuesday. Born and raised in Toronto, Bradwell is entering his sixth CFL season, with all six played for his hometown Argonauts. Clark Gillies Jersey . The CFLs leading rusher kept adding to his gaudy numbers this season and scored the winning touchdown with just over two minutes to play. The New Westminster, B.C., native plowed three yards into the end zone for the last score of a heated, see-saw battle between the two teams with the best records in the CFL. Nick Leddy Jersey . -- Los Angeles Lakers guard Jordan Farmar will be out for roughly four weeks after tearing his left hamstring.Jonny Bairstow says England must believe they can salvage at least a draw from the second Test after ending day three 298 runs behind India. The wicketkeeper-batsman put on 110 with Ben Stokes but the tourists still conceded a 200-run, first-innings deficit which India swelled by scoring 98-3 before the close - Virat Kohli leading the way with 56 not out.Bairstow told Sky Sports that England - who will have Stuart Broad available to bowl for the rest of the match despite a strained tendon in the seamers foot - must battle on. The best of the action from day three in Visakhapatnam As long as we keep playing straight, and have belief and confidence in our ability, then it wont be the first time that weve had to bat a period of time on a pitch that is worse than that, said Bairstow.If it starts turning weve come from Bangladesh where the pitches have turned a lot too. Its going to be tough to face the music but at the same time we know we have the capabilities and guys that have scored runs in the sub continent to do that.It was only last week that we scored 500-odd on a pitch not too dissimilar to that. Its going to be a challenge, but why not enjoy that challenge. Ian Ward and Nasser Hussain discuss Stuart Broads injury and consider Englands bowling options Broad helped to limit the damage of Englands first innings by claiming 2-6 in Indias second innings before scan results showed that he has strained a tendon and one of the small joints in his right forefoot.ddddddddddddJames Anderson bowled in-form Cheteshwar Pujara for one to raise England hopes of restricting Indias advance and Bairstow says England must continue to create chances.I think at the start of the day getting to within 200 of them, having been five down, was a reasonable effort from us, he added.Then to take three early wickets was a good start. Tomorrow morning we come back, its 9.30 in the morning, hopefully we get something out of the pitch early on with the seamers and create a couple chances and then you just dont know. Its going to take a couple of special knocks, but the way Virat has gone out there and played tonight just shows you that runs are to be had and scored on this wicket.Bairstows day started in bizarre fashion as he tripped up as he walked to the wicket, forcing him to leave the field immediately for treatment before facing a ball.He reflected: My foot got stuck in the grass and I ended up looking a bit like an idiot to be honest with you, but it actually really hurt my knee. We cracked on and Stokes and I put on a nice partnership.Live coverage of the second Test between India and England from Visakhapatnam continues with day four, on Sky Sports 2 from 3.45am on Sunday. Also See: Scorecard Day three report Commentary Live cricket on Sky Cheap Jerseys Store Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Wholesale Jerseys Jerseys NFL China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.