n with his right hand, telling his coaches to ke

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 25.03.2018 12:09
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

Andy Vernon is determined to prove to Great Britains Olympic selectors that he deserves a place on the team for Rio, a year after blaming his feud with Mo Farah for his controversial omission from the World Championships squad.Vernon races over 10,000 metres at the European Championships in Amsterdam this week, knowing he needs to prove his form and fitness with little more than a week to go before the British team for the Games is finalised.The 30-year-old has been hampered by injury since winning 10,000m silver and 5,000m bronze behind Farah at the Europeans in Zurich two years ago and saw his hopes of 5,000m selection for Rio dashed at the trials in Birmingham eight days ago.His chances of being picked over the longer distance are likely to rest on the outcome in the Dutch capital.Asked if he had a message for the selectors, Vernon, who has the Olympic qualifying standard of 28 minutes exactly from last May but has raced just four times in the last 10 months due to a succession of injuries, said: Last year I had five weeks to prepare for a 10,000m and I ran 27 minutes and 42 seconds.Ive got a good base, I would say that actually I have two qualifying times, one in the 5,000m and one in the 10,000m.Its not just my first year of running these times, Ive run qualifying times good enough to go to these Games for two or three years now. I think I should go. I cant say I deserve to go, but I think I should go.I hope they can see what I did do last year off equally bad preparations. And in 2014 I had bad preparation going into those championships. Ive performed time and time again. Im not giving up. All I can do is prove fitness.He took a step towards doing just that by clocking a seasons best 13:26.16 over 5,000m at the Paavo Nurmi Games in Finland last Wednesday.The bad news for Vernon is Rio selection could be taken out of his hands in Amsterdam. There is only one 10,000m spot up for grabs, with Ross Millington guaranteed qualification and Farah also certain to go, and Wales Dewi Griffiths will get it if he runs the qualifying time, having beaten Vernon to a top-two finish at the 10,000m trial in May.The good news for Vernon is that Griffiths personal best is more than half a minute outside the qualifying time.Despite his double medal success in Zurich, Vernon is best known for his public feud with double Olympic champion Farah.Farah, who was born in Somalia, alleged Vernon questioned his nationality after their medal success at the 2014 Europeans, claims strongly denied by the Hampshire athlete.Vernon lost an appeal against his non-selection for last years World Championships -- he struggled for form after achieving the qualifying standard -- and went on to suggest Farah was behind it.He tweeted after Farahs 10,000m victory in Beijing: Well done on your medal @Mo_Farah Great to hear you love to represent your country. Thank you for stopping me do the same.British Athletics performance director Neil Black dismissed the idea that the pairs spat was the reason for Vernons omission.Farah is not competing in Amsterdam this week, focusing instead on his preparations for Rio.Jessica Ennis-Hill is also absent, but it is still a surprisingly strong team which has made the trip, even though Adam Gemili has made a late decision to withdraw from the individual 100m to focus on the relay.Britains athletes will be expected to challenge, or even exceed, the 12 golds, and 23 medals in total, they won last time, especially as Russia will not be competing due to the countrys doping ban.Eclipsing that haul would give Britain their best ever return from a European Championships. The event at Amsterdams Olympic Stadium runs from Wednesday to Sunday. Air Max 97 Off White . -- Mike Smith never saw his first NHL goal go in. Nike Presto Womens . President of baseball operations Larry Beinfest was fired Friday after 12 years with the Marlins. The move came as the team neared the end of its third consecutive last-place season in the NL East. http://www.airforceoneshoesaustralia.com/ . The Hall of Fame defenceman told Landsberg that he believes fighting still has a place in todays game, but thinks staged fighting needs be outlawed. Air Max 98 Gundam 2018 .ca. Hey Kerry, big fan of yours, just finished reading your book. I think that we all saw the Canucks/Flames line brawl just after puck drop. It was obvious that something was about to happen, even to the referees because the fourth lines were on to start. Air Force 1 Low Black .S District Court against Major League Baseball, the Office of the Commissioner and his own union, the MLBPA. ARLINGTON, Texas -- The Zeeeeke calls came before the snap when the Dallas Cowboys were in scoring range in the first half against Cincinnati, the crowd anticipating another touchdown for Ezekiel Elliott.While his fellow rookie, quarterback Dak Prescott, ran in for the score on that possession, Elliott dazzled again before Dallas fans had a chance to settle back in at the start of the second half.His career-long run of 60 yards on Dallas first offensive play of the third quarter was the punctuating touchdown in a 28-14 victory over the Bengals on Sunday, and gave the game a breakout feel for the fourth overall pick in the draft even though he was already the NFLs leading rusher coming in.Weve been waiting on that home run threat, said Elliott, who had 134 yards to give him 546 yards through five games. I think Im progressing really well. Im happy with the place Im at right now. But definitely not content.Prescott threw for 227 yards, making him and Elliott the first rookie combo in NFL history with at least 1,000 yards passing and at least 500 yards rushing in the first five games. Prescott, with four straight wins subbing for the injured Tony Romo, has 1,239 yards passing.While Prescott was efficient once again while securing the rookie record for pass attempts without an interception to start a career (now at 155), Elliott had the crowd buzzing from the start. He carried four times for 42 yards on the opening drive, the final 13 for the touchdown that sent Dallas (4-1) on its way to a 28-0 lead.The 21-year-old former Ohio State star is the first Dallas rookie with three straight 100-yard games, a feat that eluded Hall of Famers Tony Dorsett and Emmitt Smith, the NFLs all-time rushing leader.He just gets better every single week, two-time Pro Bowl right guard Zack Martin said.dddddddddddd He just gets more comfortable, and thats a scary thing.On his first defining play in the NFL, Elliott took the handoff on the left side of the line, cut back to a huge gap up the middle and outran safeties Shawn Williams and George Iloka converging from either side.Elliott didnt stop until he reached the railing on some field-level suites, where he jumped into the arms of fans.I mean, it looked beautiful, Elliott said. Running backs love runs where they dont get touched, so all I had to is to turn the jets on.While Elliott sparkled in his one preseason game, running over Seattle safety Kam Chancellor on one play, his regular-season debut was rough. The Giants held him to 2 1/2 yards per carry.But the per-carry average has been on a steady rise since, reaching a season-high 8.9 yards against the Bengals (2-3). Elliott didnt have a run longer than 8 yards against the Giants. He had six of at least 10 yards against Cincinnati.It was me adjusting to the system, and thats point blank, period, Elliott said. I came from a different system and I wasnt necessarily comfortable and I really didnt have enough reps going into the first game.On long first-down runs, Elliott likes to get up and do a feeding motion with his right hand, telling his coaches to keep feeding me. Its even rubbing off on stoic coach Jason Garrett, who mimicked it during the first half.He was an animal, did his job, played real hard, Bengals cornerback Adam Jones said. I take my hat off to him.---Online:AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL---Follow Schuyler Dixon on Twitter at https://twitter.com/apschuyler Jerseys NFL China Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys 2018 Cheap Jerseys 2020 Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.