or Suarez, a regular in the Xfinity Series, after finishin

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 22.03.2018 13:10
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

Kirby Smart and Will Muschamp have been friends since they played safety for the Georgia Bulldogs. Now the two coaches are set to meet for the first time Saturday night with Smart back at their alma mater and Muschamp at South Carolina.Its just business, not fun.Its never really been about that for me, Smart said. He and I are good friends. We talk time to time. Its never an extra motivation, because thats not really what its about. Its about our players and their players. Its business-like for us, its not really about (our relationship).Muschamp went from walk-on safety to captain at Georgia in 1994 when Smart redshirted as a freshman, with their fathers sitting together during games. Smart took over at safety when Muschamp graduated and went into coaching .So the focus is on the game while friendship temporarily takes a back seat.At the end of the day, its South Carolina and Georgia, Muschamp said.Running one of the Southeastern Conferences 14 football programs is the dream job for many aspiring coaches. Each of the current 14 coaches got his start by playing a sport in college -- even if it wasnt football.Here are some lessons learned before they became SEC coaches:NOT A STAR: Proving its not how you start but how you finish, four coaches are former walk-ons: Texas A&Ms Kevin Sumlin, Muschamp, Arkansas Bret Bielema and Auburns Gus Malzahn.QB NOT KEY SPOT: Five SEC coaches played defensive back, including Alabamas Nick Saban, Vanderbilts Derek Mason and Kentuckys Mark Stoops along with Muschamp and Smart. LSU interim coach Ed Orgeron and Bielema played linebacker. Tennessees Butch Jones and Malzahn were receivers, though Malzahn also punted. Floridas Jim McElwain is the lone quarterback among SEC coaches.NO POWER LEAGUE, NO PROB: They may be trying to sign five-star recruits now, but not every coach played in a Power Five league. Some werent even in Division I. Malzahn walked on at Arkansas and later transferred to Division II Henderson State. McElwain played at Eastern Washington when it was still a Division II program. Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen was a tight end at Division III Ursinus in Pennsylvania, while Jones played both running back and wide receiver at Division II Ferris State before a knee injury ended his career.WORK, PATIENCE: No coach starts at the top, so that means patience and coaching no matter the sport. Freeze started coaching at a Tennessee high school, where he also coached girls basketball before heading to the college ranks. Stoops also coached in high school after a couple years as a graduate assistant at Iowa, while Jones was a student coach after his injury.You work your way up in this profession, the nights of sleeping in cars as a GA and having to be the first one in the office and the last one to leave and having to do all the other things, it makes you appreciate it that much more, Jones said.ALMOST HOOPS: Basketball, not football is still McElwains first love. He grew up playing basketball and had a key to a gym while growing up in Montana. McElwain, who started his coaching career at Eastern Washington, was offered a job at Gonzaga on the basketball coaching staff in the late 1980s. He stayed with football and now is in his second season with the Gators. You look back and you wonder sometimes, you know, where life will take you, McElwain said.CANCELED VISIT: Stoops canceled a trip to Michigan State knowing he would play at Iowa, even though Saban was the position coach recruiting him. That phone call didnt go very well, Stoops said. I was really young and na?ve and had no clue because I knew I wasnt a great player or anything like that, but I couldnt believe it because he made it very difficult for me. He was very persuasive and very good.FOOTBALL WON: Mississippi coach Hugh Freeze played two years of baseball in community college, always knowing he wanted to coach football after watching his father in rural Mississippi.Id go to Sunday film with him and they had the old 16 mm clicking and the cutting and splicing, and I just watched the influence and impact he had on kids, Freeze said. Really all I knew was farming or coaching, and I knew I didnt want to farm. I was always drawn to coaching and knew that was the route I was going to take.---AP Sports Writers Mark Long, Pete Iacobelli, Charles Odum, David Brandt, John Zenor, Steve Megargee, Brett Martel and Gary Graves contributed to this report. Nick Foles Jersey . First off, the fans ripped the Cubbies introduction of a fuzzy new kid-friendly mascot named "Clark". Ron Jaworski Jersey . The 19-year-old Olsen played 34 games with the Kelowna Rockets of the WHL this season. In that time, hes recorded 17 goals and 17 assists with 36 penalty minutes. http://www.cheapeaglesjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=authentic-malcolm-jenkins-jersey .C. -- After a listless first half, the Washington Wizards used a big third quarter run to beat the Charlotte Bobcats Bradley Beal scored 21 points and the Wizards used a 17-0 run in the third quarter to take control of what had been a close game and beat the Bobcats 97-83 on Tuesday night. Jordan Hicks Jersey . Emery skated the length of the ice and fought an unwilling Holtby during the third period of the Flyers 7-0 loss Friday night in Philadelphia. He was given 29 penalty minutes, including a game misconduct. But Emery did not face even a disciplinary hearing with NHL senior vice president of player safety Brendan Shanahan because rules 46. Corey Clement Jersey . "Four now," Carl Gunnarsson told the Leaf Report proudly following a 5-2 victory over New York on Tuesday night, the clubs fifth straight at home. AVONDALE, Ariz. -- Daniel Suarez won the Truck Series race Friday night at Phoenix International Raceway, where four drivers advanced to the inaugural championship finale.Johnny Sauter won a pair of races in this round of the playoffs to earn one of the berths next week at Homestead-Miami Speedway.?Christopher Bell, two-time series champion Matt Crafton and Timothy Peters took the other three on points Friday.William Byron led 112 laps and dominated the race until his engine failed with under 10 laps to go. A six-time winner this season and a favorite to win the title, Byron was instead eliminated.Byroon was leading when his engine failed, and it opened up the opportunity for three other drivers to make the finale.ddddddddddddThe win was the first for Suarez, a regular in the Xfinity Series, after finishing second four times in a truck.Sauter finished second. Crafton, Cameron Haley and Peters rounded out the top five, while Bell clinched his place at the Homestead table with a seventh-place finish.Byron and Ben Kennedy?were both eliminated from the Chase on Friday night. NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys From China NFL Jerseys From China NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys NFL China Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.