at I even came out with any hardware at all.

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 19.03.2018 11:45
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

CHICAGO -- Two U.S. Army teams have excelled at the World Parachuting Championships, with the 8-way formation skydiving team trouncing the competition in record-breaking style and the womens 4-way team taking gold after a nail-bitingly close contest.Late Wednesday, the Golden Knights 8-way team finished a full 40 points ahead of second-placed France in the 10-round competition at Skydive Chicago near Ottawa, Illinois.The eight skydivers also set a competition record, according to Nancy Koreen, spokeswoman for the United States Parachute Association. The team synchronized their moves in freefall at such speed that the F?d?ration A?ronautique Internationale judges scored them a 23.90-point average, the highest score in that discipline in the history of the World Parachuting Championships, Koreen said Thursday.The Golden Knights womens formation skydiving team also scooped gold for the U.S., although they fought to stay a nose ahead of France for almost the entire competition, pulling away in the last two of 10 rounds. The team included one civilian jumper: JaNette Leftkowitz stepped in to assist the Army team just four months before the competition after Golden Knights team member Angela Nichols withdrew because she was pregnant.I have tremendous respect for the Golden Knights, for their history and all the work they do, said Leftkowitz, who usually jumps with U.S. silver medal holders, SDC Rhythm XP. The organization and resources are incredible.The rivalry between the American and French womens teams has been going on for years, and France has won the last two world meets so we knew it was going to be close, she said.Another U.S. team, SDC Core, won the vertical formation skydiving gold on Tuesday.---Online: http://www.wpc2016.com Saucony Mens Shadow Original .Y. -- Vancouver Canucks goaltender Roberto Luongo had little trouble picking up his first shutout of the season against a Buffalo Sabres team thats having trouble scoring goals. 2017 Nike Free RN Distance 2 Mens/Womens Armory Navy/Black/Team Royal/White .ca NBA Power Rankings, ahead of the Miami Heat and San Antonio Spurs. http://www.iviloan.com/nike-free-rn/nike-free-rn-distance-2.html .B. - Sebastien Auger made 44 saves as the Saint John Sea Dogs edged the visiting Acadie-Bathurst Titan 2-1 on Saturday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. Womens Saucony Shadow 5000 OG Suede Cavity PackMint Green White . -- In one brief spurt, Brazil turned a close game into a rout and proved again it will be a strong World Cup favourite. Nike Free Run 3.0 Flyknit Mens . The parade and rally were held to celebrate the Saskatchewan Roughriders 45-23 win over the Hamilton Tiger-Cats on Sunday in the CFLs championship game. RIO DE JANEIRO -- Venus Williams wont reveal where she keeps her Olympic medals. Its always my secret, she says. But underwear drawer or trophy room, the five of them -- four gold, one silver -- is a total that signifies something only one other player has ever done. More so, it highlights the longevity that has characterized Williams career.The only other player to win as many medals as Williams was Great Britains Kitty McKane, who did it over two Olympics in 1920 and 1924. It should also be noted that when the 36-year-old Williams, who first struck gold at the 2000 Games, was asked Sunday whether she might consider the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, she did not spit out her water.God willing, I imagine if I really want to be there, I could, said the five-time Olympian. Tokyo is about if I really want to be there, and if I want to continue to work this hard. Its a lot of hard work, and I will want to have to do the work. So well see.Williams and her partner in the Rio event, Rajeev Ram, certainly did the work Sunday, despite losing the gold-medal mixed-doubles match to fellow Americans Bethanie Mattek-Sands and Jack Sock, 6-7 (3), 6-1, (10-7), the latter score a 10-point tiebreaker, which is used in three of the four Grand Slam tournaments.Williams came into the tournament with a virus and lost in the first round of singles and doubles with sister Serena. Ram was summoned to join Venus just a few days before opening ceremonies, when defending mens doubles gold medalists Bob and Mike Bryan withdrew.It wasnt a tough choice to come to Rio, said Ram, who had to skip the Atlanta Open. No, the Olympics is something that only comes around every four years, and Atlanta comes around a lot. I was happy to skip that one.Ram, 32, who has known Venus throughout their careers and is coming off a Wimbledon semifinal finish in doubles, was happy to stick around Rio after losing with partner Brian Baker in mens doubles in the second round. Venus was equally as delighted to help the first-time Olympian win a silver medal.Its been an amazing partnership, she said. We really couldnt have asked for more. I mean we played a real good match. We faced a lot of great opponents. Its nice to be sitting right here with him.ddddddddddddIt was the second one-two finish in this event for the U.S. since 1924, when Hazel Wightman and Richard Williams defeated Marion Jessup and Vincent Richards.Mattek-Sands, like Sock, is a first-time Olympian. She talked about the goosebumps she experienced while waiting in the tunnel for the opening ceremonies to begin when the Americans began a USA, USA chant.We are with the greatest athletes representing your country, said Mattek Sands, a four-time Grand Slam titlist in doubles and mixed. It didnt matter if it was long-distance running, swimming, track or tennis, everyone was there chanting USA! You cant compare any Grand Slam to that. ... I dont think its even comparable.Sock came to Rio with a case of walking pneumonia. But before striking gold Sunday, he and Steve Johnson won bronze in mens doubles.Theres just something about being part of a team, Sock said. Tennis is such an individual sport, and the feeling that you get here is like no other.At 23, Sock was the only one of the finals participants who couldnt remember Venus earliest days on tour, but he did grow up watching her and received a few lessons Sunday.To be across the net from her was an incredible experience, Sock said. I thought my forehand was good before today. Some guys usually get intimidated by my forehand. And she was stepping up and smashing it with her backhand. So Im ready to go back to the practice court and work on some things.As for Venus, she can take a good amount of solace knowing how her Rio campaign ended.Its been an amazing experience, five Olympics for me, said Venus, who will move on to the US Open with a No. 6 world ranking in singles, her highest since early 2011. Its surreal that I even came out with any hardware at all. Its so well-contested here, every single one.All I can say is that its been beyond my dreams, she said. There is so much pressure, and when you can cross the line in any sort of way, it feels great.All those ruling out Tokyo 2020 might want to think again. Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.