Basketball Olympic champion rings from their winning run in Rio de Ja

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 18.03.2018 13:05
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

IOWA CITY, Iowa -- Judging Iowa cornerback Desmond King for postseason honors wont be easy.King might be the first Hawkeyes player to be considered for an All-America team simply because he stepped on the field every week.Teams have avoided throwing anywhere near King, the reigning Thorpe Award winner as the nations top defensive back. Kings numbers have suffered as a result, but Iowa ranks 13th nationally in opponent completion percentage at 51.3.King and the Hawkeyes (5-2, 3-1 Big Ten) host No. 10 Wisconsin (4-2, 1-2) on Saturday.Hes a durable player. Most of the really great players that have played here, thats one trait that ... I think is a real key to greatness, Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz. Hes playing well on defense ... and hes been doing an extraordinary job on special teams.Despite the fact that opponents have rarely given King a chance to prove himself on defense in 2016, hes still wrapping up one of the great careers in school history.King earned a starting spot just two games into his career and never gave it up. As a sophomore in 2014, King earned honorable-mention All-Big Ten honors while picking off three passes, and last season he emerged as one of the nations best defenders. King had eight interceptions, earned consensus All-America honors and was named one of five finalists for the Walter Camp Player of the Year award.That seemed like a resume of a player ready to test the NFL Draft. But King, to the pleasant surprise of the coaching staff, decided he needed another year of college ball.For me, personally, I had a lot to work on. A lot to improve on, and a lot of maturing as well, said King, who has one interception this season.Part of the reason the 5-foot-11 King wasnt considered a lock to be a first-round draft pick was his size. But relying on his instincts and relentless film study, King has found a way to stand out.He is the go-to return man for the Hawkeyes this season. Hes 12th nationally with 28.6 yards per kickoff return -- without the benefit of a long touchdown to pad that total -- and 33rd with 9.7 yards on punt returns.It helps me in both ways. Its helping me here because Im helping my team, and its helping me for the next level, King said.Despite not scoring a touchdown through six games, King had seemed like he was on the verge of making a big play since September.Last week, Purdue was forced to throw Kings way late in the fourth quarter -- and King was finally able to show off. King jumped a deep route near the sidelines and raced for a 41-yard touchdown that sealed Iowas 49-35 win over the Boilermakers .The moment was a rare opportunity for King to remind everyone what can happen when they test him.When the balls not thrown your way, our coaching staff is still looking at how you are playing your guy, was your technique right, things like that, King said. Youve just got to play your best and be ready.---Online: www.collegefootball.ap.org Nike Presto Verdes . LOUIS -- Mike Smith is used to facing plenty of shots, so this was nothing new. Nike Vapormax Negras . The deal is pending a physical, assistant general manager Bobby Evans said. Traded from Seattle to Baltimore on Aug. 30, Morse also can play first base and right field to give manager Bruce Bochy some flexibility in writing his lineup. http://www.vansespanarebajas.es/old-skool-vans-baratas.html . Reassurance came from Paul Tesori, his caddie and close friend whose newborn son is in intensive care in a Florida hospital. "Paul sent me a text this morning, just told me he loved me and wanted to go out and fight as hard as I would any other day," Simpson said Sunday after doing just that. Vans Old Skool Azules . Bryant, who signed a five-year, $34 million contract as a free agent with Cleveland in March, reported symptoms on Monday morning, a team spokesman said. Vans Sk8 Hi Azul . Francis told several hundred members of the European Olympic Committees that when sport "is considered only in economic terms and consequently for victory at every cost . OAKLAND, Calif. -- Another spectacular passing performance earned Steve Kerrs postgame praise, yet there was little else the coach liked about his heavy-legged, December-weary Warriors after an exhausting road trip.Klay Thompson scored 25 points, JaVale McGee added a season-best 17 and Golden State beat the undermanned New York Knicks 103-90 on Thursday night.But at the end of an emotional day for the NBA, news of the death of good friend and colorful sideline reporter Craig Sager made it hard for Kerr and everybody else on the court to focus on basketball.Craigs death and the news today far outweighs anything that happens in the gym, Kerr said.Kevin Durant had 15 points, 14 rebounds and eight assists, and Stephen Curry pulled down a season-high 10 rebounds to go with eight points and eight assists against a New York team missing stars Carmelo Anthony and Derrick Rose.We kept the ball moving and made them chase the ball all night and got layups, Durant said. And we didnt really shoot the ball that well.The Warriors had 36 assists on their initial 36 baskets -- 26 in the first half -- and all 11 players who appeared in the first half scored in Golden States fifth straight win over New York. The Warriors wound up with 41 assists and held a 57-49 rebounding advantage.Justin Holiday had 15 points off the bench for the late-arriving Knicks, whose second bus was delayed coming from San Francisco in a downpour.New York couldnt overcome a slow start from the field, going 4 for 15 to fall behind in a hurry. The Knicks shot 40.9 percent overall and 5 for 21 from 3-point range.Theyre running in transition, theyre throwing up 3s, theyre hitting open guys and playing fast, Knicks guard Courtney Lee said. You can get caught up in that, and thats not our style of game.Golden State had its third game this season with 40 or more assists, the first team to do that since the Chicago Bulls in 1996-97. The Warriors had a franchise-record 47 assists Nov. 23 against the Lakers.Thats the beauty of our team -- we dont worry about the numbers, Thompson said. When we move the ball, whoevers open, shoot the ball.TIP-INSKnicks: Anthony said he bruised his shouulder diving for a ball against the Lakers on Sunday in Los Angeles.dddddddddddd Rose had a sore lower back. Both might need a couple more days of rest. ... New York, which hosts the Warriors on March 5, has been swept in the season series the past two years and hasnt won a season series against Golden State since 2000-01.Warriors: An MRI on C Zaza Pachulias injured right wrist showed a bruise. He missed his fourth straight game. ... Golden State had more than 30 assists for the 19th time. ... F David West bruised his right hip early in the fourth and didnt return. He will have an MRI on Friday. ... Curry sported special Oakland Strong sneakers in tribute to the deadly Ghost Ship warehouse fire Dec. 2 nearby in Oakland -- with the footwear featuring initials of the 36 lives lost. He posted a photo on Twitter of another colorful pair and has plans to auction them both off to aid fire relief.SAGER STRONG, MOMENT OF JOYKerr -- wearing a colorful, Sager-inspired tie -- took the microphone before tipoff, invited the Knicks to join Golden State and offered a heartfelt tribute to Sager. Rather than a moment of silence, he said it was more fitting in Sagers honor to hold a moment of joy.And the sellout crowd stood for a prolonged ovation and extended applause.The beloved sideline reporter died from leukemia at age 65.He was an amazing guy. The courage that he showed the last few years was incredible in his fight, Kerr, the reigning NBA Coach of the Year, said of his former TV colleague. Its just a tough day. ... He had a spirit and an energy that very few people Ive ever met possess.RINGIN ITAt halftime, Durant, Draymond Green and Thompson received their USA Basketball Olympic champion rings from their winning run in Rio de Janeiro.UP NEXTKnicks: At Denver on Saturday looking to snap an eight-game road losing streak to the Nuggets and a three-game skid overall.Warriors: Host Portland on Saturday in a rematch of last seasons Western Conference semifinal and seeking a fourth straight victory over the Trail Blazers. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.