The New York Giants did not trail until the final minute

in Porbleme mit der Anlage 16.01.2020 04:43
von liny195 • Gaser Lehrling I | 79 Beiträge

on Sunday but couldn’t finish the deal White Patrick Omameh Jerseys , falling to the Indianapolis Colts 28-27.A 1-yard touchdown pass from Andrew Luck to Chester Rogers gave the Colts their only lead of the day with 55 seconds left. That capped an eight-play, 53-yard scoring drive aided by Giants’ penalties on Tae Davis and B.W. Webb.An Eli Manning pass down the middle for Bennie Fowler was intercepted by Malik Hooker with 23 seconds left to end the Giants’ upset hopes.“We were just taking a shot down the field. We had three receivers up the field and they split the safeties on us and he tried to take a shot on them,” coach Pat Shurmur said of the interception. “I don’t fault that. We had to get the ball down the field anyways.”Manning finished 25-of-33 for 309 yards with a touchdown and an interception. “Those situations, you’re in a bit of – you’ve got to take a shot. You’ve got to take a chance and get a chunk play,” Manning said of the final throw. “I thought I threw a pretty good ball, but obviously not.”The Giants are 5-10. The Colts are 9-6.“It’s a tough game. You know they’re a good team and they have a good quarterback who can kind of score late on teams,” Manning said. “So I knew we were going to need to score more points. To not get a touchdown when we were down there that last time and had to settle for a field goal, it was tough. We got second-and-two from the five or six-yard line and then can’t get a first down. Then go backwards on second down. So we’ve got to do a better job there. Did a lot of good things throughout the course but obviously not just quite good enough.”The Giants played hard, which Shurmur had emphasized all week, but didn’t get the end result.“Right is right. You win or you lose and we didn’t win,” Shurmur said. “We will go back and we will clean up the film like we do every week and make corrections and move forward to Dallas. That’s what we’ll do. That’s the reality, that’s the big boy part of this – just keep working and you keep trying to get better and you keep trying to find ways to make plays at the end and both sides really all three sides.”“We were able to execute in the first half and we didn’t do that in the second half,” said Saquon Barkley, who had just 43 yards rushing on 21 carries.“Team fought hard and I take my hat off to the guys for that Patrick Omameh Jerseys 2019 ,” Sterling Shepard said. “We fought hard to the very end. Just came up a little short.”Moments that matteredFinal drive penalties: On the Colts’ game-winning drive, linebacker Tae Davis committed a pass interference penalty on an incomplete third-and-3 pass that gave Indianapolis a first down at the Giants’ 46-yard line. Later, B.W. Webb committed a holding penalty in the end zone to set Indianapolis up at the 1-yard line.Stopped in the red zone: The Giants drove the ball to the Indianapolis 7-yard line, but it remained a one-score game as the Giants settled for a 27-yard Aldrick Rosas field goal to make it 27-21 with 9:24 to playHolding on Jackrabbit: A correctly called holding penalty on Janoris Jenkins negated a B.J. Hill fumble recovery after a sack/fumble caused by Olivier Vernon at the Giants’ 15-yard line. Two plays later, the Colts scored a touchdown to close within 24-21 with :32 seconds left in the third quarter.Third-quarter answer: After Indianapolis had closed within 17-14 in the third quarter, the Giants drove 85 yards in eight plays to extend the lead to 24-14 with 3:46 left in the third quarter. The drive featured a third-and-five 8-yard pass to Evan Engram followed by a 32-yard completion to Engram that set up first-and-goal at the 1-yard line. Manning took it in from there on a quarterback sneak.Curtis Riley with a pick: With Indianapolis trying to respond to the Giants’ fast start, Riley picked off an Andrew Luck pass in the end zone after the Colts had driven to the Giants’ 26-yard line. The interception, with 12:27 left in the half, kept the Giants’ 14-0 lead intact.Two possessions, two touchdowns: The Giants scored touchdowns on their first two possessions, taking a 14-0 lead with 1:41 left in the first quarter. Saquon Barkley finished an 11-play, 75-yard drive with a 1-yard scoring run and an Eli Manning to Scott Simonson 3-yard pass finished off a 9-play, 87-yard drive to make the score 14-0 with 1:49 to play in the first quarter.Injury updatesGiants’ defensive end Mario Edwards suffered a calf injury in the first quarter and did not return. That left the Giants short-handed as Kerry Wynn (thumb) was inactive.The Giants lose tight end Rhett Ellison with a concussion in the third quarter.What’s next?The Giants will finish their season by hosting the Dallas Cowboys at MetLife Stadium in a 1 p.m. ET game.Giants practice report, 8/14: A Detroit writer’s takeaways from today’s workouts Hey White Mario Edwards Jerseys , Giants fans! My name is Jeremy Reisman and I’m the managing editor over at Pride of Detroit, the SB Nation blog for the Detroit Lions. I’m here at the request of your glorious leader Ed Valentine to bring you personal observations from Tuesday’s joint practices between the Lions and Giants. While I’m sure many of you know the Giants a little better than I do, I think I’ll be able to put the Giants’ performance into context in a unique way, considering I know a lot about the players they’re going against. With that in mind, and a little guidance as to what may interest you, here are some observations from Tuesday’s practice about the Giants, but from a Lions point of view.Slay vs. BeckhamLet’s be honest, you were going to skip to this section first, so I may as well lead with it. We’ve seen Odell Beckham Jr. and Darius Slay face off twice before, but both matchups underwhelmed. In the first, Slay left the game in the first half with an injury. In the second, Beckham was coming off an injury of his own and didn’t quite look like himself.Tuesday, both looked full speed, and I must admit Mario Edwards Jerseys 2019 , Beckham got the better of Slay. The 2017 Pro Bowl cornerback has looked unbeatable in all of training camp, but it’s clear he hasn’t been lined up against anyone the likes of Beckham. Odell wasn’t completely dominant, but he consistently had a step on Slay and Eli Manning was able to find him more often than not.Also, during individual drills Beckham roasted rookie undrafted free agent Chris Jones for a bomb, which isn’t a nice thing to do to a guy with no chance of making the team.Kyle Lauletta getting the rookie treatmentI heard y’all have a backup quarterback battle brewing, and nothing grabs more headlines than a backup QB battle.Well, on Tuesday, it didn’t look like much of a battle. It’s not that Kyle Lauletta looked bad—he didn’t. It’s that the Giants barely gave him a shot. During one-one-one drills, Lauletta was busy checking down to running backs against linebackers, while Eli and Davis Webb were throwing bombs to the wide receivers vs. corners.And when it came to full 11-on-11 drills, I could count the amount of reps for Lauletta on two hands. Toward the end of practice, each team (first, second, and third) got a single drive against the opposing defense. Lauletta didn’t even get a full drive. He split it with Alex Tanney.As for Webb White Kerry Wynn Jerseys , he had a very inconsistent day. He threw a couple deep dimes during the one-on-ones, but when it came to the full 11-on-11s, he looked much more uncomfortable. He sailed a handful of passes Tuesday, and when the Lions came with an A-gap blitz, you could see the panic in Webb, as he sailed a pass well over the receiver’s head and was nearly intercepted.It’s hard for me to give an honest review of Lauletta at this point in considering the very limited sample size, but it’s clear to me the Giants coaching staff isn’t ready to hand the fourth-round rookie too many responsibilities at this point.Saquon looks fineI’m no doctor, but I wouldn’t expect Saquon Barkley to miss any time once the regular season rolls around. Though he obviously didn’t practice on Tuesday, he did just about everything else the coaches would let him. He was even sporting pants and a helmet—missing only the shoulder pads.You can see above, he went through the motions of position drills early in the day before taking the rest of practice off.Overall thoughtsWhile I’m not going to sit here and tell you Team A was better than Team B, I will say that the Giants were able to control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball when the first teams were facing off. Jonathan Stewart seemed to slip through considerably-sized holes on a fairly regular basis. While that isn’t all that surprising from Detroit’s point of view—the Lions’ front seven is the team’s biggest weakness—it’s definitely good news for the Giants.When the Lions had the ball, the trenches were a little more evenly matched. Though the Lions running game continued to struggle, Matthew Stafford sat pretty comfortably in the pocket for much of the day. However, when it the second and third teams took the field Kerry Wynn Jerseys 2019 , it was clear the Lions’ offensive line depth was no match for the Giants’ defensive line depth.However, the Lions’ skill position evened out the day. Marvin Jones Jr. and Kenny Golladay made some impressive catches over Eli Apple and Curtis Riley. Additionally, the Lions running backs—specifically Theo Riddick and rookie Kerryon Johnson—were giving Giants linebackers fits in the passing game. To be fair, those guys have been embarrassing Lions linebackers all camp, too.As for Eli Manning, I came away more impressed than not. He has a pretty clear command of the offense and looked decisive and comfortable the entire day. Perhaps it was just the juxtaposition next to Webb, but there was a certain command to the offense when Manning was in that made the Giants look efficient. The same can’t be said when Webb was i.However, Manning’s day ended with a poor read on a two-minute drill, leading to an interception by Lions safety Glover Quin. That’s the Eli Manning I know.If you want my Lions observations from Tuesday’s practice, head over to Pride of Detroit.Our thanks to Jeremy for the extra work he has done for us here. Hope you all appreciate it.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.