n and Syracuse.COACH OF THE W

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 14.03.2018 11:47
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. -- Juan Manuel Marquez could have fought Manny Pacquiao for a fifth time. Timothy Bradley could have had a rematch with the Filipino congressman. They both turned down chances to follow up on the biggest victories of their boxing careers. Marquez and Bradley wanted to face each other instead, and they will meet in a welterweight title bout Oct. 12. Marquez (55-6-1, 40 KOs) and Bradley (30-0, 12 KOs) are looking for a chance to be seen outside Pacmans enormous shadow, and theyll get it at the Thomas and Mack Center in Las Vegas. "I feel like I won the last three fights against Pacquiao," Marquez said Thursday at the Beverly Hills Hotel. "Now that I finally beat him, I want to keep this feeling for a while. I want to keep it, and I want to fight somebody else." Top Rank promoter Bob Arum would have signed either fighter for a rematch with Pacquiao, who instead will take on Brandon Rios in Macau in November. When Bradley and Marquez chose each other, Arum tentatively booked the fight for Sept. 14 before moving it back four weeks when Floyd Mayweather Jr. declared his intention to fight Saul "Canelo" Alvarez on the same day. Arum is still confident the matchup will be one of the most intriguing pay-per-view bouts of the year. "They could have made more money, but this fight isnt only for money," Arum said of Bradley and Marquez. "Theyre looking to make history." Marquezs bit of history is obvious: He could become the first Mexican boxer to win five titles in five weight classes, even doing it after his 40th birthday this summer. Marquez knocked out Pacquiao last December, ending a near-decade of frustration against his nemesis with a big overhand right in the sixth round. "If I want to be the best, I need to beat the best," Marquez said. "Bradley is the champion. His style and my style make a great fight. Im training very hard on my speed, especially for this fight, because speed is the most important thing in it." Bradley is seeking history through redemption. The unbeaten bruiser won a decision over Pacquiao last year, but almost nobody outside of Bradleys corner agreed with the verdict. Bradley stewed for months over the perceived disrespect from a fight he still believes he won. Although that frustration still hasnt abated much, hes confident hell finally get the respect he deserves by trouncing Marquez. "This is the opportunity that I had in the Pacquiao fight that slipped away due to the controversy," Bradley said. "I want to become a superstar in boxing. I want to be a household name. Im a four-time champion, and Im still not on everybodys pound-for-pound list. I want to be a superstar, but nothing you get in life is easy. You have to go take it, and thats what Im going to do when I win this fight." Bradley showed up in Beverly Hills sporting a beard and looking fully healed from his thrilling brawl with Ruslan Provodnikov in March. The Palm Springs-area fighter won new fans while showing a recklessness few imagined he possessed, recovering from severe punishment and dishing out his own shots to win a decision in his first fight since beating Pacquiao. Bradley has been criticized as a boring fighter with little knockout power, but his win over Provodnikov altered his reputation. That bout even intrigued Marquez, who has been a brutally effective puncher throughout his 15-year pro career. "Im trying a different way to train," Marquez said. "Hes a very different style of fighter from (Pacquiao). Id like to win this fight because he has never lost a fight." Marquezs win over Pacquiao boosted his status, but the Mexican stars buff physique also prompted numerous whispers about the way he achieved it. Marquez and Bradley have signed contracts for their fight, but theyre still sniping about the various methods and agencies for random drug testing. Bradley said the fight would be off if Marquez doesnt comply with unnamed testing conditions in the fighters contracts. "I want to prove Im a clean fighter," Marquez said. "Its no problem." Kenny Stills Jersey . Anthony Davis had 31 points and 17 rebounds in his seventh straight game with more than 20 points, but that was only enough to keep the Pelicans competitive into the final minutes. Andrew Bogut had 10 points and 15 rebounds for Golden State, which rebounded from a loss a night earlier in Oklahoma City and snapped a two-game skid. Julius Thomas Jersey . Numbers Game examines the deal that sees Michael Del Zotto and Kevin Klein switch places. The Predators Get: D Michael Del Zotto. http://www.cheapfootballdolphinsjerseys.com/ . The Americans, skipped by John Shuster, seized the advantage in the eighth end by scoring five points for a 7-3 lead. The Czechs pulled two back in the ninth, but Shusters team of third Jeff Isaacson, second Jared Zezel and lead John Landsteiner ended with another point to secure the last Olympic berth on offer. Reshad Jones Jersey .Y. -- Syracuse has turned up the defence at the right time all season, and when High Point threatened to pull off a monumental upset the second-ranked Orange did what they do best with their quick hands and savvy play. Jermon Bushrod Jersey . Mats Zuccarello and Derek Stepan scored shootout goals, and backup goalie Cam Talbot earned his second win in two nights as the Rangers shook off a late tying tally and beat the Maple Leafs 2-1 Monday night. Its time to hand out my weekly awards:PLAYER OF THE WEEK Johnathan Motley, Baylor Bears He averaged 20 PPG and 7.3 RPG in three wins at Battle 4 Atlantis.TEAM OF THE WEEK South Carolina Gamecocks The Gamecocks upset Michigan and Syracuse.COACH OF THE WEEK Jon Coffman, Fort Wayne He led the Mastadons to the shocker over Indiana.DIAPER DANDY OF TTHE WEEK Quinton Rose, Temple Owls He averaged 19 PPG in wins over Florida State and West Virginia.ddddddddddddSHOCK OF THE WEEK Fort Wayne over Indiana The Hoosiers first trip to Fort Wayne since 1967 was stunning. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.