The Bears were able to celebrate this weekend

in Porbleme mit der Anlage 06.12.2019 03:30
von liny195 • Gaser Lehrling I | 79 Beiträge

Womens Mason Crosby Jersey , pulling together the triumph and the joy of 100 years of football.But because one of their own is struggling, it was bittersweet for some of the assembled legends.Hall of Fame running back Gale Sayers, who is battling dementia, drew a huge roar from the assembled crowd as he was brought onto stage in a wheelchair, according to the .The 76-year-old Sayers wiped his eyes as old teammate Dick Butkus and others stood on stage clapping for him as he was introduced.“That’s a tough thing,” Butkus said. “I call and check on him quite frequently, and it’s a sad deal. You’ve just got to be thankful with what you’ve got. I’ve got my problems with neuropathy and my balance. But I’ve got no pain. At least I still know who I am. I’m happy about that.”Sayers was among the six Hall of Famers and 230 former and current players and coaches there. And since the event was given to nostalgia, those in attendance marveled at the skills of the “Kansas Comet.”“He looked like he was gliding,” former Bears coach Mike Ditka said of Sayers. “I mean, the field was muddy. Everybody was slipping and sliding, except him. It was the most unbelievable exhibition I’ve seen in the history of the game. There probably was nothing like that. Just a great, great guy. Great guy. Gale was humble, never said a whole lot. But he was a super football player.”Ditka was referring to a 1965 game in which Sayers scored six touchdowns, which helped him earn rookie of the year honors. Sayers made four Pro Bowls during his career, which was marked by so many graceful, highlight-reel runs before injuries cut his career short after just seven seasons.After the recognition Justin McCray Jersey White , Sayers slumped in his wheelchair as Mike Singletary wheeled him away, an emotional scene for those who witnessed it — just as his playing career was so moving for so many. Over two weeks, Acme Packing Company will break down the Green Bay Packers’ 2018 roster position-by-position, providing our grades for each spot and looking ahead to free agency. Today, we continue with the safeties.To say the safety play this year was a disappointment might be an understatement. Lack of quality play and injuries ravaged the roster throughout the year. The Packers traded away Ha Ha Clinton-Dix and were forced to grab a couple veterans who were trying to find their footing with a team midway through the 2018. While they did bring depth, none filled the void at strong safety after Kentrell Brice proved he was a liability at the position. The biggest positive for the safety position is that the Packers have Tramon Williams coming back, at least for now. Williams was vital in filling in at Clinton-Dix’s free safety position after the trade and brought some stability to the back end of the secondary. There are several high prices free agents hitting the market and that might lead to the Packers having to make a decision on Williams but, at least, he have one player to feel confident about. The Packers do have three raw prospects on the roster as well. Raven Greene was on the roster all season and contributed on special teams mostly before going on injured reserve in early December. The Packers also have two intriguing prospects coming back from the practice squad in Jason Thompson and Tray Matthews. Thompson is considered an excellent athlete from his time at Utah and even started his college career as a quarterback at Wyoming. Matthews was a multi-year starter at Auburn and considered a big hitter. Both were signed to the practice squad in early December and were signed to future’s contracts after the season. Here is where the Packers will have to make some decisions.Kentrell BriceNFL Experience: Three yearsFA Status: Restricted Free AgentExpiring Contract: Three years, $1.62 million2018 Stats: 14 games, 10 starts, 50 tackles, one sack, two passes defendedKentrell Brice came into the year looking to make the jump to start opposite HaHa Clinton-Dix. He had performed well in previous seasons on special teams and the Packers gave him his opportunity. He did not grasp that opportunity. Brice had the reputation as a big hitter and was expected to be a run stuffing safety but his missed tackles piled up over the season. Brice also proved that he was a major liability in coverage as he would routinely get beat deep and take bad angles in trying to help in coverage near the boundary. After ten weeks of missed tackles and bad reads the Packers decided to remove him from the starting position. All that said, Brice is a restricted free agent in March. The Packers will have to decide if they want to tender him an offer but, based on his play in 2018 Marwin Evans Jersey , that might not happen. According to Over the Cap, the restricted tender amounts are expected to be:Rights of first refusal: $2.035 millionSecond-round: $3.110 millionFirst-round: $4.429 millionThe Packers would be foolish to offer a first or second round tender. They might go for a rights of first refusal but that might be a stretch as well. In a more realistic scenario, if they bring Brice back it will be on a lower amount in hopes that he keeps playing well on special teams and can continuing to develop at the safety position.Ibraheim CampbellNFL Experience: Four yearsFA Status: Unrestricted Free AgentExpiring Contract: one year, $705,0002018 Stats: Eight games (three with Packers), one start, 19 tackles, one tackle for loss, one forced fumbleIbraheim Campbell bounced around in 2018. In started the season in Dallas, was claimed on waivers by the Jets and then claimed again by the Packers after the Jets let him go. While he bounced around, he did play fairly well in his short stint with the Packers. Campbell played three games, including one start, with Green Bay and got all his stats except one tackle while in Green Bay. Coming to Green Bay was a nice fit for Campbell. It paired him with Mike Pettine who was the head coach that drafted him in Cleveland. At the end of the day, Campbell was a nice pickup as he adapted to Pettine’s defense quickly and gave a solid option for the Packers while looking to fill the safety void. Unfortunately for Campbell and the Packers, he was injured in the Cardinals game and ended up on injured reserve. Being an unrestricted free agent gives Campbell the opportunity to look for another team in 2019 but I think the Packers would be wise to keep him around. While he was injured before he was able to prove himself over the last part of the season, I think he played well enough for the Packers to take a chance on him. I would fully expect another one-year contract Nick Perry Jersey White , similar to what he signed this year, and that will give the Packers an opportunity to evaluate him a little longer. At that price, it also won’t be a big financial commitment to get rid of him if he does not make a good impression in training camp. Eddie PleasantNFL Experience: Six yearsFA Status: Unrestricted Free AgentExpiring Contract: One year, $790,0002018 Stats: Six games (five in Green Bay), one start, eight tackles, one tackle for lossEddie Pleasant had a similar story to Campbell. He was brought in for a veteran presence and safety depth. Pleasant started the year in Arizona and came to the Packers the week before they played the Cardinals. On top of adding depth, I’m sure the idea there was to get a little insight to the Cardinals operations. Unfortunately, Pleasant helped his former team more than hurt them as he dropped an interception on the drive the Cardinals kicked the game winning field goal. Going into 2019, Pleasant is an unrestricted free agent. In an easy decision, I think the Packers pass on bringing Pleasant back. Pleasant is 30 years old and I don’t see much potential going forward in his game. The Packers have three young safeties that can play special teams and fill the back end of the depth chart. I would rather see them develop than waste a roster spot on an aging veteran that would rarely play.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.