//www.brownsfanshop.com

in Porbleme mit der Anlage 09.10.2019 10:20
von liny195 • Gaser Lehrling I | 79 Beiträge

BEREA Derrick Kindred Jersey , Ohio (AP) — Baker Mayfield went from scowling at Hue Jackson to glaring at critics.Three days after he tried to embarrass his former coach with a prolonged stare down in the closing minutes of Cleveland's win over Cincinnati, Mayfield owned up to his actions and then said he doesn't regret them."I don't get why people have a problem with football being a competitive sport," Mayfield said Wednesday as the Browns (7-7-1) prepared for their season finale in Baltimore. "You're supposed to play with emotion. You're supposed to play with passion. Quite honestly, if you don't like it, whatever. Football is not meant to be a soft game. I could care less." With the Browns clinging to an eight-point lead Sunday, Mayfield connected with tight end David Njoku for a game-sealing 66-yard gain. As he ran past Cincinnati's sideline, the rookie quarterback looked directly at Jackson, who was fired earlier this season by the Browns. Mayfield then kept his eyes trained on Jackson as he shuffled and backpedaled his way down the field.Following the game, the No. 1 overall pick, who has guided the Browns to the biggest one-season turnaround in franchise history, said "No idea what you're talking about" when asked about his antics, which came a few weeks after he gave Jackson the cold shoulder following a game in Cincinnati and called his former coach "fake" on social media.The glowering gaze — and an earlier crude gesture he performed on the sideline after throwing a touchdown pass — drew criticism that Mayfield simply dismissed.He's not going to change his act."I've said it, I'm not a cookie-cutter quarterback, but everybody is different," Mayfield said. "Everybody leads a different way. Everybody is competitive in a different way. I'm not trying to be anybody else. I've been who I am and that's gotten me here. I'm going to continue to do that because I try to improve every week. I'm not trying to get anybody's approval. I'm trying to win football games and do this for as long as I can. That's the goal."And the guys inside this locker room know that. They know I'll fight for them. They know I'll take a bullet for them Myles Garrett Color Rush Jersey , and to me that's what matters. I don't have to make any friends outside this locker room. I'm not trying to do that. Once they're in there, they know exactly what they're going to get and that's what really matters."Of course, Mayfield's on-field behavior is nothing new.He earned something of a bad-boy reputation while at Oklahoma, where among other things, he grabbed his crotch while taunting Kansas players; tried to plant a Sooners flag in the middle of Ohio State's field after a win; and got arrested for public intoxication and disorderly conduct during the offseason in Arkansas.Mayfield has apologized for those incidents. But as for his behavior as a pro, he said he's not concerned that he's pushing things too far."That sounds like the exact questions I got before the combine," said Mayfield, who earlier in the day was voted the team's Joe Thomas Player of the Year and AFC offensive player of the week. "No. Not one bit."There's no denying what Mayfield has meant to the Browns (7-7-1), who in addition to spoiling the Ravens' playoff hopes can clinch their first winning season since 2007. He's 6-6 as a starter, thrown 24 touchdown passes — two shy of the NFL rookie record — and has an entire city believing that pro football is finally back.Mayfield has almost singlehandedly revived the Browns, who are willing to deal with the consequences of his conduct."If he talks a little bit more or has a little bit of swagger to him, that's what makes him special and we're going to roll with that," said guard Joel Bitonio. "If he ever gets a penalty or something, then we can get after him a little bit, but right now he's our quarterback and that's what we got to roll with. … It's something that I'm sure people are going to target him for."Hopefully it doesn't lead to a cheap shot or something like that."NOTES: Rookie CB Denzel Ward remains in concussion protocol and could miss Sunday's finale. … DT Larry Ogunjobi (biceps) https://www.brownsfanshop.com/Rashard-Higgins-Jersey , C JC Tretter (ankle) and LB Tanner Vallejo (hamstring) also sat out practice. … Bitonio was selected the team's "Good Guy" award winner for his cooperation with the media for the second year in a row. More of the latest Browns news and notes from around the web in today’s dose of the Sunday Dawg Chow." />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHorizontal - WhiteDawgs EDTShareTweetShareShareSunday Dawg Chow: Browns news (3/31/19)Trevor Ruszkowski-USA TODAY SportsCleveland Browns:Browns will introduce OBJ on Monday (cleveland.com) - The start of something dangerous begins on Monday. Odell Beckham Jr. will arrive in The Land and be introduced to Cleveland at the start of the Browns’ offseason program Monday afternoon, a team spokesman told cleveland.com.Dawg check might be your new favorite Browns phrase (WEWS) - Odell Beckham took to social media and posted a video of him in a weight room wearing a Browns hoodie to his Instagram story. At the beginning of the video, Beckham can be seen smiling and dancing to the song playing in the background. Then, Beckham shouted the words the Dawg Pound is sure to be chanting throughout the upcoming season: “Dawg check!”Freddie Kitchens unflappable in face of mounting expectations (USA Today) - Freddie Kitchens knows what everyone’s thinking — both the good and the bad. The first-year Cleveland Browns head coach is well aware of the massive expectations that now rest on the shoulders of every one of his players, thanks to his team’s promising finish to the 2018 season and another round of aggressive offseason moves — most notably the acquisition of three-time Pro Bowl wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr.NFL:CU coach Mel Tucker drops SEC insight, lauds QB Drew Lock (Denver Post) - Mel Tucker’s two decades of combined coaching experience between college and pro football gives the new Colorado Buffaloes head man an insider’s perspective for the NFL draft. His prior three seasons patrolling SEC sidelines as Georgia’s defensive coordinator prompts a specific question on the minds of many in Broncos Country. What’s your take on Missouri quarterback Drew Lock?Saquon Barkley bothered by criticism of Eli Manning (NFL.com) - The new face of the franchise in East Rutherford with Odell Beckham out the door, New York Giantsrunning back Saquon Barkley said earlier this month that he wanted to ”grow as a leader” in Big Blue’s locker room. That role entails standing up for the other veteran leader in the clubhouse. Barkley defended Giants quarterback Eli Manning in a recent interview with Bleacher Report’s Taylor Rooks, amid criticism of the aging QB.Super Bowl or bust for the Rams (ESPN) - Last year, the Los Angeles Rams identified a window to go all-in, acquire the best players available to round out a talented roster and make a deep playoff run. As the Rams prepare for the 2019 season, the window remains wide open, even as coach Sean McVay emphasizes the difficult nature of a repeat run to the Super Bowl.Punter Shane Lechler holds retirement party (Houston Chronicle) - Former Texans Pro Bowl punter Shane Lechler held a retirement party Friday night. Lechler was cut by the Texans last year and replaced by Trevor Daniel. Lechler didn’t sign with another team last season, ending his NFL career after 18 seasons.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.