The Panthers need to add depth to their off

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 26.09.2019 03:56
von panxing18 • Gas Geselle | 254 Beiträge

ensive line. Is former Washington State tackle Andre Dillard the right fit?" />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHorizontal - WhiteCat Scratch Readera Carolina Panthers communityLog In or Sign UpLog InSign UpFanpostsFanshotsSectionsAboutPanthersOddsShopStubHubMoreAll 322 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Keep Sounding PodcastPanthers 2019 NFL DraftCSR Film RoomFiled under:Panthers 2019 NFL DraftFilm room scouting report on offensive lineman Andre Dillard New Youth Julius Peppers Jersey ,26commentsThe Panthers need to add depth to their offensive line. Is former Washington State tackle Andre Dillard the right fit?ESTShareTweetShareShareFilm room scouting report on offensive lineman Andre Dillard James Snook-USA TODAY SportsAndre Dillard hails from Woodinville, Washington where he played his high school ball at Woodinville High. Dillard was named to the Seattle Times All-Area First Team. During his four-year stay in Pullman, he started 39 out of 42 total games at left tackle. Dillard was awarded All America Honors and All Pac-12 First Team as a seniorFilm reviewThere will always be questions with left tackle prospects who play in an air raid scheme with wide splits. The purpose of the wide splits was to create passing lanes for the quarterback. In recent years, Mike Leach and other air raid coordinators have reduced the splits to run more power run concepts. Regardless, during Dillard’s time as a starter he was primarily seen in a 2 point stance. That shouldn’t be seen as a negative though. Dillard’s reps in these clips not only show the smoothness to his game, but also how fundamentally sound he is. He could get his chest exposed initially, but he has active hands to fight it away. His footwork and hands are in sync, which provides him the avenue to counter most pass rushes.This isn’t meant to be hyperbole, but his performance vs Oregon was flawless. I didn’t see him get beat once. Given Washington State’s 51/20 pass run split in this game Stitched Julius Peppers Jersey , that is remarkable production. Dillard showed that he can control defenders if he wins early in the rep. Dillard is also very good when he’s on the move. He locates his target and lands a solid block while moving.Dillard did run into issues with his depth at times. The wide splits are also designed to put stress on the offensive tackles to win their assignment. More often than not, Dillard did. Speed rushers who take an up field path before dipping inside can present an issue moving forward. I still don’t think it is cause for concern because Dillard’s overall skill set as a pass blocker is more than good enough.Fit with CarolinaAs a run blocker, Dillard isn’t the most technically sound. However, his core strength as a pass blocker does bode well for him to translate it as a run blocker too. Norv Turner did a fine job of scheming up run plays last season. Run blocking for offensive tackles isn’t as critical as pass blocking in Carolina’s scheme. It’s no secret that the Panthers will have to move on from Matt Kalil no later than 2020. Dillard would be an ideal left tackle. I would have no issue selecting him in the second round, but with the right Combine testing I could be persuaded to select him in the first round. CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Carolina’s Julius Peppers has announced his retirement after 17 NFL seasons, nine Pro Bowl appearances and six All-Pro selections.Peppers spent the first eight seasons of his career with the Panthers, then played four with Chicago, three with Green Bay and his final two seasons back with Carolina. He missed four games in 2002 Youth Da’Norris Searcy Jersey , his rookie season, then played in 254 out of a possible 256 games over the rest of his career.Peppers finished his career with 159 1/2 sacks, fourth-most in NFL history. The defensive end is the only player in league history with at least 150 sacks and 10 interceptions — he had 11 of those — and also blocked 13 field goals and extra-point attempts.Peppers announced his retirement in an essay published Friday by The Players Tribune. He says he still feels good, but knows football could not last forever.“The Super Bowl ring eluded me, but I don’t need that to validate me,” Peppers wrote. “I would have loved to have helped deliver that to the fans in Carolina, but I’m content with the career that I had.”Peppers had 97 of his sacks in a Carolina uniform, setting the franchise record there.“Julius is one of the greatest to ever play the game of football,” Panthers coach Ron Rivera said. “To put up the numbers he did for as long as he did speaks to his incredible talent and commitment. He is a leader in the locker room and in the community. Getting to know him over the last two seasons has been tremendous because of the type of person he is.”Peppers finished with a consecutive-games-played streak of 176 Blue James Bradberry Jersey , the second-longest such run in the NFL right now behind Los Angeles Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers. Peppers, who turned 39 earlier this month, also was the oldest active defensive player in the league.“In getting to know Julius over these past months, I’ve learned that he is a man of few words. When he speaks, everyone listens,” Panthers owner David Tepper said. “With that in mind, I will be brief. He’s one of the best to ever wear a Carolina uniform. He carries himself with dignity, integrity and class, and will always be a Panther.”Peppers played his college football at North Carolina James Bradberry Jersey 2019 , where he also excelled as a member of the Tar Heels’ basketball team. He was the No. 2 selection by Carolina in the 2002 NFL draft, and was defensive rookie of the year that season.He is the Panthers’ nominee for the 2018 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year, which will be awarded Saturday on the eve of Super Bowl LIII. Peppers has been an advocate for those adversely affected by Hurricane Florence, which hammered coastal areas in North Carolina and South Carolina last fall.“What he did for the people affected by Hurricane Florence, getting involved and bringing them hope, says a lot about him,” Rivera said. “I’m proud that I get to say that I was one of his coaches, and I think it’s fitting that he gets to end his career as a Carolina Panther.”

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.