outreach to include several nationally televised specials related to the annual enshrinee selection process and the enshrinement

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 19.09.2019 09:13
von elaine95 • Gaser Lehrling III | 158 Beiträge

BALTIMORE (AP)The short list of the Baltimore Ravens’ greatest defensive players begins with Ray Lewis and ends with Ed Reed. That’s it. Perhaps it’s time to add another name to that elite club. Terrell Suggs has been harassing quarterbacks for 15 years now http://www.coltsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-bobby-okereke-jersey , and at age 35 is still going strong. He has 7+ sacks this season and will be looking to enhance that number Monday night when Baltimore (5-5) hosts Houston (4-6). Suggs’ statistics, as well as the leadership he’s provided in the locker room and on the field, put him alongside Lewis and Reed as the Ravens’ best of the best. ”One hundred percent,” Baltimore safety Eric Weddle said. ”He’s right even with both those guys. To play that long with this organization and the things he’s accomplished, and doing it at such a high level for so many years, is very rare. He’ll be on the Mount Rushmore for the Ravens, and rightfully so. He’s earned it – and still has a lot left in the tank.” When Suggs was drafted in the first round of 2003 as a 20-year-old out of Arizona State, he spoke excitedly about being a member of the renowned Ravens defense. Then he went out and proved he belonged. Suggs had 12 sacks and was The Associated Press Defensive Rookie of the Year in 2003. He was the NFL Defensive Player of the Year in 2011, has been selected to six Pro Bowls, earned a Super Bowl ring in 2012 and is the franchise leader with 122 sacks. After spending the offseason working harder than ever before, he’s become the focal point of a unit that has registered three shutouts and forced 23 turnovers. Though he’s long had a reputation for being brash Khari Willis Jersey , Suggs was quite reserved when talking about his play this season. ”It is kind of like the no-hitter. You don’t really talk about it,” he said. ”You just try to continue to progress and play well every week. I like to say I have not hit my cruising altitude yet; I’m still trying to ascend.” Maybe so, but stopping Suggs has been – and still is – a significant part of every opposing coach’s game plan. Houston head coach Bill O’Brien, who was an assistant with the New England Patriots from 2007-11, said this week: ”I do not think it matters how old he is. He is playing just like he did when I started calling plays against him in New England. He is a very active player. He does a great job of setting the edge. You better know where he is on every play.” Lewis was an outstanding linebacker with Baltimore for 17 years and Reed enjoyed 12 years as an exceptional safety with the Ravens. More than that, they were known for their leadership. Suggs learned that quality from both of them, and now fills that role through example and with a strong voice in the locker room and on the field. ”This year he’s stepped up his leadership, more so than last year and year’s past. We need him do that,” Weddle said. ”He’s always been great in meetings for the young guys. But now, leading in the weight room and showing his commitment during the offseason, I think that’s carried over. For one Josh Allen Jersey , he’s playing great this year and two, the young guys see that.” Safety Tony Jefferson joined the Ravens in March after spending four years with the Arizona Cardinals. Jefferson was quite familiar with Suggs’ trash-talking and his ability to get around the edge, but he never knew how good Suggs was at motivating his teammates. ”A tremendous leader, one of the best I’ve been around my entire life,” Jefferson said. ”He’s exceeded my expectations from what I heard before I got here. Just a great pro. First one here, the last to leave. And, even at the age he’s at, he’s still rolling.” Suggs shrugs off questions about whether he will return next year, but it’s a virtual certainty that he won’t be playing out his career anywhere but in Baltimore. ”I love being a Raven,” he said. ”It’s in my DNA.” — Football historian Joe Horrigan, who retired on June 1 as executive director after 42 years on the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s staff http://www.jaguarsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-jawaan-taylor-jersey , has been selected as the 2019 Jack Horrigan Award winner by the Professional Football Writers of America.Joe, son of the late Jack Horrigan, is the 47th award winner. He’s the second person who has worked for the Hall of Fame to receive the honor, joining Don Smith (1997).The Jack Horrigan Award is given to the league or club official for qualities and professional style in helping the pro football writers do their job. The award is named for a sports writer for UPI and the Buffalo Evening News, public relations director for the American Football League (1963-66), and vice president of public relations for the Buffalo Bills (1966-73).Joe Horrigan was nominated for the award for his meticulous documentation of pro football history and making that history accessible to journalists during his tenure at the Hall of Fame.“You can debate the greatest player in NFL history. Or the greatest quarterback. Or the greatest coach. But at one position there is no debate. There has been and will only be one gatekeeper to Canton. That’s Joe Horrigan,” said Rick Gosselin, the 2004 PFWA Dick McCann Award winner who is a member of the Hall’s selection committee. “He is to the game’s history what Jim Brown is to the game itself. There is no greater authority of his sport. When the game’s greatest players, coaches and owners enter the Hall of Fame, Joe has been there holding the door for them.”Horrigan joined the hall on June 1, 1977 as a curator. He served in a variety of positions Josh Oliver Jersey , including executive vice president of museums, selection process and chief communications officer before he became executive director in 2016.Horrigan was intimately involved in the development and implementation of several major renovations and expansions of the museum. Under his guidance, the Hall of Fame expanded its outreach to include several nationally televised specials related to the annual enshrinee selection process and the enshrinement ceremony.He has authored, co-authored and edited several books, including “NFL Century: The One-Hundred-Year Rise of America’s Greatest Sports League,” celebrating the NFL’s centennial and scheduled for publication in August. He is also the co-host of the weekly national radio show, “Pro Football Hall of Fame Radio,” on SiriusXM and is a regular contributor to NFL Films and NFL Network productions.He has served on several NFL and team committees, including both the NFL’s 75th and 100th anniversary committees, and currently serves on the Black College Football Hall of Fame Advisory Board.Other 2019 nominees for the Horrigan Award were Indianapolis Colts general manager Chris Ballard; Dallas Cowboys owner/president/general manager Jerry Jones; NFL Network communications manager Andrew Howard; and Los Angeles Rams coach Sean McVay.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.