Hong Kong activists tell Merkel before China trip

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 04.09.2019 09:37
von alisa white • Gaser Lehrling III | 156 Beiträge

Last week, conservatives in the Twitterverse had a good chuckle at the expense Online Cigarettes Store USA of MSNBC host Chris Hayes for something he said about the Electoral College on his show.

“The weirdest thing about the Electoral College,” he offered, “is the fact that if it wasn’t specifically in the Constitution for the presidency, it would be unconstitutional.”

This is one of those things that sound a lot better in your head than they do coming out of your mouth! We’ve all been guilty Newport Cigarettes Shop of saying something similarly dumb, and most of us have probably been subjected to some good-natured ribbing over it. Hayes didn’t appreciate the ribbing, though, and took to Twitter a few days later to blast the entire conservative movement:I certainly agree that the Republican party needs to focus on broadening its appeal. But here’s the catch: Hayes’s armchair psychoanalysis notwithstanding, he is just plain wrong about the Constitution. And by that I do not mean that his breezy, clever-sounding point is actually a tautological non-sequitur. I mean that his underlying reasoning is false.

If Hayes hadn’t been so glib, he might have said that the Electoral College runs contrary Cheap Newport 100s Cigarettes Website to the spirit of the Constitution. But, as I said, that is not true, either.

The Supreme Court’s one-man-one-vote rule applies to state legislative elections and the House of Representatives, which makes sense in the constitutional scheme. The House of Representatives is the national institution of representation in our government. But our system is not wholly national. Here’s James Madison in Federalist No. 39.

Smoking USA Newport and Marlboro Cigarettes
Online Cigarettes Store USA
2018 Wholesale Newport And Marlborl Cigarettes USA
Online Cigarettes Store USA
Good USA Newport Cigarettes

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.