Let’s break down his picks since becoming G

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 14.08.2019 04:50
von panxing18 • Gas Geselle | 254 Beiträge

M"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Vikings 2018 SeasonVikings 2019 OffseasonU.S. Bank StadiumMinnesota Vikings PodcastsMinnesota Vikings 2019 NFL DraftDoes Rick Spielman have a conference bias?New Minnesota Vikings Jerseys 2019 ,282commentsLet’s break down his picks since becoming GMCDTShareTweetShareShareDoes Rick Spielman have a conference bias?Brian Spurlock-USA TODAY SportsUPDATE: I did have to adjust the numbers slightly to move Stefon Diggs to the B1G list rather than the ACC. Maryland joined the B1G in 2014, which would have been Diggs’ final year with the Terrapins. Thanks to viking22 for the tip.Since the Minnesota Vikings made Rick Spielman the full-time General Manager, the team has made 66 NFL Draft selections. Recently there have been some suggestions as to whether or not the master of RickSpeak has a pronounced bias towards particular college conferences and whether that will affect his tendencies in the 2019 NFL Draft, which is now six days away.So, I’ve broken down all 66 of the picks that the Vikings have made in the Spielman era and what conferences they played their college football in. To make things a little easier, I’ve given each of the “Power 5” conferences (ACC, Big Ten, Big 12, Pac 12, and SEC) their own heading, and sort of put everyone else into an “others” category. Let’s see what we have.Atlantic Coast Conference (18)1st Round (2) - Xavier Rhodes (2013), Teddy Bridgewater (2014)2nd Round (3) - Mackensie Alexander (2016), Dalvin Cook (2017), Brian O’Neill (2018)3rd Round - None4th Round (1) - T.J. Clemmings (2015)5th Round (1) - Danny Isidora (2017)6th Round (3) - Antone Exum (2014), B.J. Dubose (2015), Bucky Hodges (2017)7th Round (8) - Audie Cole (2012), Everett Dawkins (2013), Travis Bond (2013), Jabari Price (2014), Brandon Watts (2014) Cameron Smith Jersey nfl draft , Jayron Kearse (2016), Jack Tocho (2017), Stacy Coley (2017)Big Ten Conference (9)1st Round (1) - Trae Waynes (2015)2nd Round - None3rd Round (1) - Pat Elflein (2017)4th Round (4) - Gerald Hodges (2013), Jaleel Johnson (2017), Ben Gedeon (2017), Jalyn Holmes (2018)5th Round (1) - Stefon Diggs (2015)6th Round - None7th Round (2) - Michael Mauti (2013), Ifeadi Odenigbo (2017)Big 12 Conference (2)1st Round - None2nd Round - None3rd Round - None4th Round - None5th Round - None6th Round (1) - Tyrus Thompson (2015)7th Round (1) - Elijah Lee (2017)Pac-12 Conference (10)1st Round (1) - Matt Kalil (2012), Anthony Barr (2014)2nd Round (1) - Eric Kendricks (2015)3rd Round (1) - Scott Crichton (2014)4th Round (1) - Rhett Ellison (2012)5th Round (2) - Jeff Locke (2013), David Yankey (2014)6th Round (2) - Jeff Baca (2013)7th Round (2) - Trevor Guyton (2012), Devante Downs (2018)Southeastern Conference (11)1st Round (3) - Sharrif Floyd (2013), Cordarrelle Patterson (2013), Laquon Treadwell (2016)2nd Round - None3rd Round (1) - Danielle Hunter (2015)4th Round (2) - Jarius Wright (2012), Greg Childs (2012)5th Round (1) - Kentrell Brothers (2016), Daniel Carlson (2018)6th Round (2) - Blair Walsh (2012)7th Round (2) - Austin Shepherd (2015), Stephen Weatherly (2016)Other Conferences (16)1st Round (2) - Harrison Smith (2012), Mike Hughes (2018)2nd Round - None3rd Round (2) - Josh Robinson (2012), Jerick McKinnon (2014)4th Round (1) - Willie Beavers (2016)5th Round (4) - Robert Blanton (2012), MyCole Pruitt (2015), Rodney Adams (2017), Tyler Conklin (2018)6th Round (5) - Kendall James (2014) Adult Cameron Smith Jersey , David Morgan (2016), Moritz Böhringer (2016), Ade Aruna (2018), Colby Gossett (2018)7th Round (2) - Shamar Stephen (2014), Edmond Robinson (2015)So. . .a few takeaways from this.Rick Spielman sure does hate the Big 12, doesn’t he? I thought it was just a bit of a running joke around the comments, but there could be something to it, I guess. The Vikings, under Spielman, have drafted just two players from the Big 12, and they came in the final two rounds. Incidentally, neither of them wound up making the team. I’m not totally sure why, exactly, Spielman appears to have been so anti-Big 12, but I hope that it isn’t completely intentional. . .after all, we did take Cody Ford in the SB Nation Writers Mock, and he’d be an awfully nice fit for the Vikings. So would Dalton Risner, for that matter.The only “Power 5” conference to be represented in each of Spielman’s seven drafts is the ACC. That conference also seems to be the place for the Vikings to spend seventh-round picks on, as they have nearly as many seventh-round picks from ACC schools (8) in the Spielman era than all the other conferences combined (9).Spielman also seems to like players from the B1G in Round 4. He’s only drafted eight nine players from the Big Ten in seven years, and just under half of them have come in the fourth round. Given his Midwestern roots Big And Tall Cameron Smith Jersey , I’m surprised that number isn’t higher.What are your takeaways from this, folks? Happy Tuesday, everyone!Well, it’s another fine fall day here in the upper Midwest. The temps are falling along with the leaves from the trees, I feel an early winter descending upon us. I hope so, it looks like the fall walleye rush won’t be as intense (and fun) on the river this year, mainly due to the high water levels we’ve had all summer, and that’s the only non-football related event that makes summer’s exit tolerable for me, so as far as I’m concerned, let’s just head straight into winter so we can start ice fishing. Also, it really doesn’t get any better than tailgating in sub-zero temps. Speaking of tailgating, we’re taking Little Fishin’ to his first Vikings game this year, we’re thinking of hitting the Dolphins game in December. I’ll let y’all know when we know for sure, and hopefully we can arrange a little DN get-together if anyone else is up for it. By then, this little rough stretch that the team is having will be a distant memory, and they should be trying to clinch the North.....again.Around the DN since our last open thread:Chris shared Mike Zimmer’s update on Everson Griffen, the coach stated that Griffen could return by week six, but no earlier. Although I wish Griffen could return now, I’m happy to hear talk of his return. In those periods of time where you hear nothing, our minds tend to create their own scenarios Cameron Smith Minnesota Vikings Jerseys , and they’re normally not pleasant. So, I’m glad to hear updates like this, it indicates that Griffen is making progress, and getting the help that he needs.Also from Chris, Dalvin Cook is still not operating at full capacity as he continues his recovery from the hamstring injury that ended his tremendous rookie season. I’m not surprised, these injuries don’t heal overnight, Adrian Peterson wasn’t 100% until after week six in 2012. It was probably harder for him, as he had to carry the entire offense while he recovered.The Vikings have signed Jonathan Wynn to the practice squad, per Chris. Don’t worry, I was told that he’s no relation to Spurgeon Wynne. It was the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw the headline, too.The team worked out a couple of vet defensive ends, likely looking to add some depth until Griffen’s return, per Chris. Lamarr Houston and Robert Ayers are the two players, we’ll see if the team makes a move to sign either of them.Vikings news from other sources and news from around the league:At Vikings.com, hear Latavius Murray talk about the lack of a run game so far this year, and Dalvin Cook talked about that and also about his recovery status, and there’s more traffic you can sort through in their media vault.At ESPN, apparently the cast supporting Kirk Cousins has lost their dog.....or something. I hope they find him.....or her. I also wish they’d post a picture of the missing dog, we could be on the lookout.FoxSports says the Vikings need to apply some pressure in order to beat the Eagles. I agree, applying pressure is also a good way to get bleeding to stop Minnesota Vikings Jerseys Stitched , which isn’t really relevant, but it’s true.From NFL.com, the Chiefs came back, then prevented the Broncos from coming back, as the Chiefs remained undefeated as they topped the Broncos last night on Monday Night Football.We come to today’s media selection:In one of my ramblings in the words up above, I gave myself an idea for today’s selection. Enjoy!Again, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new:No discussion of politics or religionNo feeding of the trollsThis isn’t a male version of The View, so leave the gender hatred at the doorKeep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tagsNo pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employerIf you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go awayWhile navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasmWith that, the beer light is on and the bar is open. Belly up and tie one on. Don’t forget to tip your waitress, and try the head cheese.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.