y for offensive lineman Dennis Kelly.---Associated

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 31.01.2018 14:27
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

BOSTON -- The Celtics dont want to rely solely on Isaiah Thomas to win.But on some nights, putting the ball in the All-Star guards hands is simply the best option.Thomas scored 22 of his 30 points in the fourth quarter in Bostons 90-83 victory over the Dallas Mavericks on Wednesday night.He scored 20 of Bostons final 24 points to help the Celtics beat back a late Mavericks surge.Avery Bradley added 18 points and 13 rebounds.After the Mavericks took a 70-66 lead, Thomas scored Bostons next 13 points to put the Celtics back in front 79-76. They never trailed again.After one of the baskets late in the run Thomas ran down the court and flashed two thumbs up.I guess I just like that quarter, Thomas said. Sometimes guys get a little tighter, and then the pressure gets a little tougher for them. I guess I like the pressure.Harrison Barnes led the Mavericks with 28 points. Wesley Matthews added 22.Dallas, which was already missing several players because of injuries, lost two more. Starter Deron Williams exited in the second quarter with a left calf injury, and J.J. Barea was helped off the court in the fourth quarter after straining his left calf as well.Coach Rick Carlisle said it appears Barea will be out for a while, but added that he didnt think it was real serious. He said its his understanding that Williams just experienced some tightness.The Celtics outrebounded Dallas 53-32, which coach Brad Stevens said is a welcomed sign for a team that struggled in that department early in the season.Maybe its the law of averages, and some just bounced our way, Stevens said. But were defending at a better rate than we were.TIP-INSMavericks: Have lost three straight. ... Had a season-low 31 points at the first half. ... Dirk Nowitzki missed his fifth straight game with a right Achilles strain.Celtics: Thomas has scored 20 or more points in each of the first 11 games of the season. ... Scored a season-low 90 points. ...Tied their season high with 19 turnovers. ... Bostons 10-point second quarter was its lowest scoring output in a second quarter this season. ... Al Horford remains in the NBA concussion protocol and sat out his eighth straight game. Jae Crowder missed his seventh consecutive game with a sprained left ankle.TEAM MEETINGCeltics guard Marcus Smart said the team held a meeting after its blowout loss to the Wizards on Nov. 9 to help refocus its commitment on the defensive end.It was no coaches, just us, Smart said. We had to look ourselves in the mirror and come to the conclusion that it is on us and were the ones playing and that we have to get it together.Bradley said the conversation was frank and honest.Just that we need to hold each other accountable, he said. We werent playing to our ability. We had two or three guys playing hard at the defensive end, but the other three guys werent. And we needed everyone playing hard consistently as a team. Tonight I feel like was one our best defensive games.NO FREEBIESThere werent many trips to the free throw line in the first half for either team. The Celtics were just 2 for 6 in the half, and the Mavericks missed their lone attempt in the first quarter. Neither team attempted a free throw in the second quarter.INJURY UPDATEStevens said Crowder would practice Friday, but that he does not expect him to play Saturday against Golden State. Stevens said his last report on Horford was that the big man had a great workout on Wednesday.Carlisle said Dirk Nowitzki is making progress as well.It feel likes hes getting close, he said.UP NEXTMavericks: Return home Friday to host the Grizzlies, before heading back on the road for trips to Orlando and San Antonio.Celtics: Host the Warriors Friday, and then begin a three-game trip with a stop in Detroit on Saturday.---Follow Kyle Hightower on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/khightower Bears Jerseys China . Hamelin, who triumphed in the 500 on Saturday, edged out Victor An of Russia by 0.021 seconds to maintain his lead in the World Cup standings. Russias Vladimir Grigorev was third. In the relay, Canada took control six laps from the finish line to beat Russia and the Netherlands. Wholesale Bears Jerseys . Murray beat Sam Querrey 7-6 (5), 6-7 (3), 6-1, 6-3 to clinch Britains opening-round victory against the United States on Sunday at Petco Park. "Im proud of the way Im playing just now, because I had to do a lot of work to get back to where I want to be," Murray said after celebrating with his teammates on the red clay court in a temporary stadium in left field of the downtown home of baseballs San Diego Padres. http://www.wholesalebearsjerseys.com/ .H. -- Matt Kenseth made it 2 for 2 in the Chase, holding off teammate Kyle Busch to win Sunday at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. Cheap Stitched Bears Jerseys . At a news conference Tuesday where it was thought that the fiery Schallibaum may be shown the door after a dismal finish to the Major League Soccer season, team president Joey Saputo said no decision has been made on whether the Swiss Volcano will be back in 2014. Cheap Bears Jerseys Online . Zvonareva, who won the tournament in 2009 and 10, couldnt handle her opponents big groundstrokes in only her third event back after 17 months out with a shoulder injury. Zvonareva made her comeback in January in Shenzhen and played in the Australian Open but lost her first matches at both tournaments. A look at Thursdays NFL preseason matchups:NOW YOU SEE HIMThe Falcons latest hope for boosting their pass rush, defensive end Dwight Freeney, is expected to make his Atlanta debut against the Browns after reaching a deal on Aug. 2. The Falcons, last in the NFL with 19 sacks last season, have ranked no higher than 28th since 2012. Freeney, 36, is expected to play in nickel packages.He may make only a brief appearance on Thursday night -- or in any preseason game, for that matter.Falcons coach Dan Quinn joked I dont think hell lead the league in playing time this preseason.Freeney had eight sacks in 11 games with Arizona last season. No Falcons player had more than four sacks.---FAMILIAR FACEWhen the Detroit Lions lost Calvin Johnson to retirement in the offseason, they immediately signed receiver Marvin Jones.The Lions take on Jones old team when they host the Cincinnati Bengals. Jones had one catch in Detroits win over Pittsburgh last week.Cincinnati lost Jones and fellow receiver Mohamed Sanu to free agency. It signed Brandon LaFell and drafted Tyler Boyd in the second round, but LaFell has an injured right hand and didnt play last week against Minnesota.---TAKING RISKSFor Oakland quarterback Derek Carr, the preseason is the time to take some risks that he might normally try to avoid when the games count.I definitely do stuff that I want to work on in a game setting against live bullets, he said. I definitely do that, nothing that would go against hurting or anything. But, I want to see if we can get better. I want to see if, `Man if we can do that, that would help you know? So I definitely do that sometimes, he said.Carrs next chance to try that out will be Thursday night when the Raiders visit Green Bay, which hopes to give backup quarterback Brett Hundley the majority of snaps if his injured ankle allows it.---END OF A LONG WEEKAfter practicing together this week and enduring a couple of scrums and shoving matches, the Patriots and Chicago Bears will play at Foxborough, Massachusetts.It culminates a weeklong reunion between Patriots tight end Martellus Bennnett and his former team, who traded him in March.ddddddddddddHe shared hugs and pleasantries with several of his former teammates and coaches during three days of joint practices. But the outspoken Bennett and his brother, Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett, made a couple of nasty comments about Bears quarterback Jay Cutler in the last month.Still, Chicago coach John Fox assured there is no ill will toward Bennett.Tom Brady may see some action for New England, but Jimmy Garoppolo will get the majority of the work.---PLAYOFF REMATCHSeattle and Minnesota are meeting for first time since the Seahawks beat the Vikings 10-9 in the playoffs last season.This is a playoff team, won the Super Bowl a couple years ago and the NFC championship game a couple years ago, Vikings coach Mike Zimmer said of the Seahawks. So, our guys know the competition that theyre facing. I dont think they think of it as like this is the wild card round or anything like that, but I think itll be good competition.Seattle continues to lean toward undrafted rookie Trevone Boykin as its backup quarterback to Russell Wilson. Boykin completed 16 of 26 passes and threw a 37-yard touchdown to Tanner McEvoy on the final play of regulation to give the Seahawks 17-16 win.---PENNSYLVANIA SPECIALSteelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, running backs LeVeon Bell and DeAngelo Williams and wide receiver Antonio Brown will not play in the game against the Eagles.It remains to be seen whether the Eagles use new receiver Dorial Green-Beckham. He was acquired from Tennessee on Tuesday for offensive lineman Dennis Kelly.---Associated Press sports writers Charles Odum in Flowery Branch, Ga., Kyle Hightower in Foxborough, Mass., Josh Dubow in Napa, Calif, Noah Trister in Allen Park, Mich. Dave Campbell in Eden Prairie, Minn., Tim Booth in Renton, Wash. and Tom Canavan in East Rutherford, N.J. contributed to this report.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.