The San Francisco 49ers upset of the Sea

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 16.07.2019 08:34
von panxing18 • Gas Geselle | 254 Beiträge

ttle Seahawks happened in spite of a rough start for running back Jeff Wilson. He fumbled his first handoff after a 14-yard gain Colin Kaepernick Jersey , dropped an easy screen pass, and then drew an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty after a seven-yard run when he tossed a ball at a Seahawks defender. The three plays nearly cost the 49ers the game, but he got a chance to redeem himself with a solid closing drive in overtime.Wilson likely would not have seen the field in overtime, but starter Matt Breida aggravated his ankle injury on his third run of the extra period. Breida sat out last week with the injury, but got a serious workload in his return against the Seahawks. On his final play, Seahawks DT Poona Ford blew him up for a five yard loss to set up a 2nd and 15. The 49ers converted on the next play when Shaquill Griffin was flagged for defensive pass interference against Dante Pettis.With a 1st and 10 at the Seahawks 41, they ran the ball the rest of the way. Wilson came on for Breida and rushed three times for 23 yards to set up the 36-yard game-winning field goal.After the game, Kyle Shanahan was asked about the confidence he had in Wilson for that final drive. Shanahan made it clear it was less about confidence and more about having no other choice.A UDFA running back has very few chances in the NFL. The 49ers are not going to cut Wilson, but his hands could be the reason he does not remain in the NFL. He’s an incredibly physical runner who has shown solid work out of the backfield. And yet, if he can’t hold onto the ball, he could easily lose to Raheem Mostert in next year’s camp battle for a spot behind Jerick McKinnon and Matt Breida.That being said, it was good to see him bounce back in that final drive. Breida’s ankle is going to be a problem the rest of the season Richard Sherman Color Rush Jersey , so Wilson is likely to see more opportunities. It will be interesting to see if Alfred Morris ends up active over Wilson once more before the end of the season, but if not, Wilson has two more games to build some more momentum for next offseason. What are the 49ers biggest needs heading into the draft?" for SiriusXMWe are 8 days away from the NFL Draft. The San Francisco 49ers added some key players in free agency, but there are still a few holes to fill. The Niners only have six draft picks this year, so the pressure to hit is higher than say, the New England Patriots, who have double the amount of picks. With that said, I was glancing over the roster and here are the biggest roster needs for the 49ers heading into the draft.Not much of a needQuarterbackJimmy Garoppolo is expected to be fully recovered by the time the season rolls around. The 49ers have two competent backups in C.J. Beathard and Nick Mullens. There’s no need to spend any draft capital on the quarterback position. Running backThere is so much talent at this position, and the addition of Tevin Coleman during free agency only helps. Jerick McKinnon, Matt Brieda, and special team demon Rhaeem Mostert make for a pretty good group of running backs. This is one of the weaker draft classes at running back, too.Offensive tackleI know that this is the final year of future Hall of Fame left tackle Joe Staley’s contract. Nobody knows but him if Staley will return. It makes too much sense to slide current right tackle Mike Mcglinchey over to the left side. Shon Coleman is currently the swing tackle. There’s no need to invest a premium pick in a player that will not be able to contribute year one.Moderate NeedsLinebackerFred Warner is a keeper. He should take the next step in his development in 2019. Kwon Alexander has talent https://www.49ersfanshop.com/Jaquiski-Tartt-Jersey , but he is coming off an injury. Those will be the primary linebackers that see the majority of snaps this year. Malcolm Smith, Elijah Lee, Pita Taumoepenu, and David Mayo will all be depth and special team contributors. I know Smith “starts”, but teams are in sub-package defenses so much now that you likely won’t see him on the field more than 25% of the time. The drop off after Alexander and Warner is pretty stark. I wonder if an UDFA comes in and makes the team.Tight endGeorge Kittle seems pretty good. Garrett Celek is “fine” as a backup, but he’s also 30-years old and doesn’t really do anything to make you go “we should pass on this player.” I think we’ll see a tight end brought in later in the draft.Defensive tackleI’m counting Solomon Thomas here as I expect him to rush inside quite a bit in 2019, assuming he’s on the roster. With him and Arik Armstead paired with that Deforest Buckner guy, defensive tackle stays in the moderate needs. That means both of those two have to perform, though. I would guess John Lynch rolls the dice on an athletic DT late in the draft.Big needsInterior offensive lineWeston Richburg had surgery in January and isn’t expected to be ready until training camp. Year two of playing together should improve the play of both Laken Tomlinson and Mike Person. I still don’t believe that either are good enough to ignore the position. The 49ers would be wise to add some interior help at some point in the draft.CornerbackYesterday, we ranked a bunch of cornerbacks in the draft. For good reason. The Niners have bodies, but it’s tough to really be confident in the names at the position. Richard Sherman will be better as he’ll be healthy. Outside of that, there are question marks all over. Will Jason Verrett stay healthy? Will Ahkello Witherspoon be consistent? Tarvarius Moore is talented Mike Person Jersey , but he’s in year two of a brand new position. In the slot, K’Wuan Williams is replaceable. He has qualities that you want in the slot corner, but the position can be upgraded. There are more questions than answers and that’s why this is a big need.No-brainersSafetyJimmie Ward and Jaquiski Tartt have both played well in the NFL at some point. Well enough to warrant them getting extra chances. If you cannot stay on the field your talent is absolutely useless. It would be ignorant for the 49ers to assume that both will be healthy for all 19 games next year. Antone Exum is okay. Adrian Colbert should probably play special teams. DJ Reed is interesting, but you don’t want to throw him to the wolves. Reed is probably more of a third safety type. I wish I could pick the front office’s brain on this one. Safety is an obvious need when I watch the Niners play.Wide receiver Kyle Shanahan can scheme you open. That does not mean that his offense doesn’t need talent. Dante Pettis is good, but health and experience work against him. I’m confident he’ll improve. Shanahan said he wants to dial back Marquise Goodwin’s role in 2019. Jordan Matthews, Trent Taylor, and Kendrick Bourne aren’t guys that you will look to go to on third down. The 49ers need one of those players. This is a ridiculously deep wide receiver class. The 49ers have to find a guy that can help on the perimeter. Someone that can get open on third down and move the chains consistently. That’s what was lacking last year. Consistency. Edge rusherDee Ford’s contract is essentially a one-year deal. I’m not so sure Ronald Blair was as good as his sack totals suggest, and Kentavius Street is coming off an injury and has never played an NFL snap. This is easily the biggest need for the 49ers. It’s arguably the second most important position in football. Nick Bosa, or whomever edge rusher the team selects, will need to contribute early and often. That won’t be anything new, as most of the edge rushers slated to go early have been productive all of their college career. The pressure may be on Ford more than anyone else.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.