just have a feeling. I had a feeling we would have a chance to get out and it would be the best

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 29.06.2019 08:37
von elaine95 • Gaser Lehrling III | 158 Beiträge

ATLANTA (AP) — The Atlanta Falcons lack the financial flexibility to be big spenders in free agency even after clearing salary cap room by restructuring quarterback Matt Ryan’s contract.The Falcons on Tuesday confirmed that $8.75 million of Ryan’s 2019 base salary will be paid as a signing bonus. The move creates $7 million in cap space Kendall Sheffield Jersey , more than doubling the team’s available funds for free agency and the NFL draft.Teams can begin signing free agents on Wednesday at 4 p.m. EDT.Ryan signed a five-year, $150 million extension in 2018.The tweak to Ryan’s contract leaves Atlanta with approximately $13.5 million in cap space. The Falcons still rank only 27th in the NFL in available cap room, according to Spotrac.The adjustment to Ryan’s contract was first reported by ESPN.Falcons general manager Thomas Dimitroff could clear more cap space if he’s able to negotiate a new long-term deal for wide receiver Julio Jones or sign defensive tackle Grady Jarrett to a new contract.When Atlanta placed a $15.209 million franchise tag on Jarrett on March 4, Dimitroff said he still hoped to negotiate a long-term contract with the defensive tackle.The Falcons can negotiate with Jarrett until July 15. Jarrett, 25, had 52 tackles and set career highs with six sacks and three forced fumbles as the leader of Atlanta’s defensive front in 2018.By cutting cornerback Robert Alford, kicker Matt Bryant and defensive end Brooks Reed , the Falcons gained the approximate savings needed to pay Jarrett’s franchise tag.Ryan, Jarrett, Jones, cornerback Desmond Trufant http://www.falconsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-john-cominsky-jersey , offensive tackle Jake Matthews and defensive end Vic Beasley all have cap figures of more than $11 million in 2019.Dimitroff said at last month’s NFL combine he believes the team’s highest-paid players deserve the salaries but acknowledged the top-heavy payroll can be challenging.“We have a group that we think deserves it and we know we’ve put ourselves on the line putting those types of players on our roster,” Dimitroff said, adding the Falcons “have some expensive people that we need to continue to look at, make sure they’re producing, which we feel they are, and make sure we build around them strategically so that we can continue to put together a team that we think and feel will be thriving in the NFL.”The Falcons finished 7-9 in their disappointing 2018 season, only two years after their Super Bowl loss to New England. The losing season increases the pressure on Dimitroff and coach Dan Quinn in 2019.Ryan, 33, posted numbers last season that compared with his 2016 MVP season. He passed for 4,924 yards with 35 touchdowns and only seven interceptions.Ryan was Dimitroff’s first draft pick as Atlanta’s new general manager in 2008.“Going back to when I first got this job in 2008, it was so important for us to have that quarterback in place Qadree Ollison Jersey , as we know,” Dimitroff said. “… To have Matt here has been great for us and we’ll continue to grow and build around him.” INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Indianapolis Colts general manager Chris Ballard keeps collecting draft chips.He figures it gives him better odds to hit it big.One year after moving back three spots in the first round and making four second-round selections, Ballard did it again Thursday by sending the No. 26 overall pick to the Washington Redskins for two second-round picks. Indy will now select at No. 34, courtesy of last year’s deal with the New York Jets, at No. 46, thanks to the Redskins, and at No. 59, their own pick on Friday, plus they’ve added the Redskins’ second-round pick in 2020.“It was just a chance to pick up a 2020 second-round pick, we thought the value was good and we thought there was still good enough value to be there in the second round to move back,” Ballard said. “We think the ability of having three seconds Marquise Brown Jersey , we thought that was the strength of how we had it lined up.”It’s all part of a plan.Ballard knew it would be difficult to replicate last year’s successes. He had five picks in the first two rounds, found starters with each of his first three choices and Indy’s first two selections — left guard Quenton Nelson and linebacker Darius Leonard — became the first rookie teammates to become first-team All-Pros since Gale Sayers and Dick Butkus with the Chicago Bears in 1965.At Monday’s pre-draft news conference, Ballard told reporters that the Colts had eight players targeted in the first round. And though he acknowledged some were still available when Indy went on the clock, he still opted for Plan B: Moving out of the first round for better value in the second.In fact, he hinted at the prospect of a trade when he joked with reporters that he might not speak again until Friday.“I kind of had a feeling (Monday), I don’t know why,” he said. “Sometimes you just have a feeling. I had a feeling we would have a chance to get out and it would be the best thing for us long term.”He may not be finished dealing, either. In three seasons with the Colts, he has now made eight trades involving trade picks though he knew this one might not be well-received.“We’ve got a room full of people, we’ve got you all sitting here, I get it http://www.ravensauthorizedshops.com/authentic-jaylon-ferguson-jersey , everyone wants you to pick a player,” he said. “But I’m pretty patient. I don’t panic, we don’t panic, we stay true to what we’re looking at on the board.”The Colts now have 10 picks this weekend including their own third-rounder, No. 89 overall, on Friday.__

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.