The Atlanta Falcons released kicker Matt

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 29.06.2019 05:51
von zhangzk • Gaser Lehrling III | 167 Beiträge

Bryant on Wednesday Max Scharping Jersey , ending the 10-year run of the team’s all-time leading scorer.The decision to not renew the team’s option on the 43-year-old Bryant comes despite another strong season in 2018, when he made 20 of 21 field goals and 33 of 35 extra points.Bryant’s only missed field goal was from 53 yards at Green Bay. He said the miss was “probably like a 60-yarder on a normal field.”Health concerns could have played a role in the Falcons’ decision. Bryant missed three games with a hamstring injury.Bryant insisted he is healthy.“I’m not retiring and I feel fine and plan on feeling even better with some changes to my offseason program,” he said on Twitter .Bryant also thanked Falcons fans for their support and added : “I take great pride in my body of work on and off the field. I hope I have represented you well while I was here.”Bryant recently told The Associated Press he wants to extend his career.“Yes, I am 43, and different things come along with that,” Bryant said. “As long as I can produce the way I think I can and I do it out there on the field, I’ll take the bumps and bruises. … Oh yeah, it’s not over. The journey goes on.”Falcons owner Arthur Blank took note of Bryant’s team-record 1,122 points and his honor of being named the team’s Walter Payton Man of the Year in 2013 and 2014. Blank said in a team statement Bryant “will be remembered as one of the greatest Falcons of all time.”Blank said Bryant “made countless memorable and game-winning kicks. His reliability and dependability were unmatched and he has been unflappable in pressure-filled moments.”Bryant set a team record with 158 points in the Falcons’ 2016 Super Bowl season.Giorgio Tavecchio was signed when Bryant was injured and was kept on the active roster for the remainder of the season in a move that could have been a hint of the plan to release Bryant.Tavecchio, 28 Brian Burns Jersey , could be the starter in 2019 after making each of his five field goal attempts, including a 56-yarder, this season.The team’s release of Bryant comes one day after it cut another veteran, cornerback Robert Alford. The release of Alford will clear $7.9 million in cap space for the 2019 season. The Bryant move clears $2.8 million in cap space.“There is no doubt he is one of the all-time great Falcons as he’s been an integral part of our success,” general manager Thomas Dimitroff said. “This was a difficult decision but one that was necessary for us to move forward into 2019. We have the utmost respect for the person and the player that Matt is, and we wish (him) and his family the best going forward.” MIAMI (AP) — Experience tells Ryan Fitzpatrick that his job with the Miami Dolphins might not last long.After all, they are his eighth team. And for now, at least, he is glad to be their starting quarterback.“I’m going to come in from day one and act like and be the starting quarterback for this organization, until they tell me I’m not http://www.pantherscheapshop.com/cheap-authentic-greg-little-jersey ,” Fitzpatrick said Tuesday, one day after signing a two-year, $11 million deal.He replaces the departed Ryan Tannehill and becomes a caretaker until the Dolphins draft a franchise quarterback, perhaps next month but more likely in 2020.Most of the Dolphins’ offseason moves under new coach Brian Flores have positioned them for a poor season, followed by a high draft pick and big splash in free agency next year. In choosing to sign with the Dolphins, Fitzpatrick said he was not fazed by their bleak immediate outlook.“I’ve been in pretty much every situation you can imagine in my career,” he said. “There are 32 of these starting gigs in the NFL, and this is one of them. The opportunity to be one of those 32 guys is an amazing privilege and honor. When they approached me about signing on, I was so excited about the chance to get on the field and play.”This year Fitzpatrick, 36 Will Grier Jersey , could become the first quarterback to throw a pass for eight teams. Always plagued by inconsistency, he started seven games for Tampa Bay last season and had four 400-yard passing games before losing the No. 1 job to Jameis Winston.His average of 9.6 yards per attempt for the year was the NFL’s highest since Kurt Warner in 2000, and he said he is eager to keep playing.“I’ve been very fortunate,” he said. “Physically I feel great. For having a 14-year career and as many games as I’ve played, physically I feel probably as good as I could ever hope for.”Fitzpatrick, who has seven children, is changing teams for the fifth time since 2013, but he’s not sorry about all the moving.“I’ve loved it,” he said. “As a family we’ve looked at it as an adventure every time we’ve moved. We’ve had such a great time with it, meeting new people. The friendships we’ve made have truly been amazing for us. It’s not something I would change.”Despite the latest relocation http://www.pantherscheapshop.com/cheap-authentic-christian-miller-jersey , to sometimes steamy South Florida, Fitzpatrick said he will keep his trademark beard. It made it through two seasons in Tampa, which is nearly as hot.His new teammates include safety Minkah Fitzpatrick, who last season filed for a federal trademark of the nickname “FitzMagic.” The Dolphins’ new QB also has that nickname but does not anticipate any issues.“I haven’t talked to or met Minkah yet,” Ryan said. “First we’ve got to figure out if we’re related. But I think there’s plenty of magic to go around.”

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.