Ryan Zimmerman has made his first appearance this sp

in Porbleme mit der Anlage 27.06.2019 04:03
von panxing18 • Gas Geselle | 254 Beiträge

WEST PALM BEACH http://www.yankeesfanproshop.com/authentic-giancarlo-stanton-jersey , Fla. (AP) —ring in the Washington Nationals lineup. Now he wants to be a fixture there.The two-time All-Star was hitless in two at-bats against Minnesota on Saturday during his first spring training game of the season. Zimmerman has appeared in at least 116 regular season games just once in the past five seasons due to injuries.“Joking around with him a little bit I said, ‘Who are you?'” Washington manager Dave Martinez said. “And he was excited to play so, we’ll see how he feels tomorrow. Might not play tomorrow, probably will play the next day though.”The 34-year-old Zimmerman played only a handful of Grapefruit League games last season, taking most of his at-bats on back fields in minor league games so he didn’t have to play the field.The measures didn’t keep him healthy. He dealt with a variety of injuries last season, including a right oblique strain that landed him on the 60-day disabled list. He hit .263 with 13 homers and 51 RBIs over 85 games.“Two years ago I played a good amount (in spring), and that’s what I want to do,” Zimmerman said.Martinez hopes that more spring action will get Zimmerman’s body accustomed to baseball movements and better prepare him for the long season.“More to get out there, get down, get ready, move laterally, play some defense Aaron Judge Jersey , see the ball off the bat — stuff of that nature,” Martinez said.The Nationals originally planned for Zimmerman’s first action to come Wednesday, but an illness prompted a schedule adjustment.If Zimmerman’s schedule resembles that of other Washington regulars, he’ll play every other day for the next week, building up to back-to-back games after that.Making his second start of the spring, Patrick Corbin allowed one unearned run and two hits while striking out a batter in three innings against a Minnesota team devoid of projected starters. Eight of his nine outs came via ground balls, and 25 of Corbin’s 36 pitches were strikes.“Today I didn’t know too many of the guys in their lineup so I kind of just worked on what I’m good at,” Corbin said. “I think as camp moves on and we start to see guys we’ll face, we’ll come up with game plans and have a better idea of what we’re trying to do.”Closer Sean Doolittle wasn’t at the Ballpark of the Palm Beaches on Saturday because of what Martinez termed a “family emergency.”“I said just, ‘Hey, take care of your family,'” Martinez said. “It’s important to me. Just let me know how things go.” The Baltimore Orioles aren't bringing back manager Buck Showalter after the team experienced one of the worst seasons in the history of Major League Baseball Gleyber Torres Jersey , according to Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic.Buck Showalter will not be back with the #Orioles in any capacity, sources tell The Athletic.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) October 3, 2018Two years after guiding the Orioles to an AL Wild Card berth, Showalter's group finished with a pathetic 47-115 record. It was the worst season in Baltimore's history, and the first time they registered 100-plus losses since 1988.The 2018 season was filled with a ton of embarrassing feats. The Orioles became the first team since the 2003 Detroit Tigers that failed to win a minimum of 50 games. Franchise star Manny Machado - in the final year of his contract - was traded to the Los Angeles Dodgers.advertisingOn top of that, slugger Chris Davis appeared in 128 games and finished with a .168 batting average, the worst in MLB history for qualified hitters. He had a -3.2 WAR, which is almost impossible for any player to register in this era of baseball. Credit: Tommy Gilligan-USA TODAY SportsShowalter guided the Orioles to a surprise playoff appearance in 2012, when they finished with a 93-69 record. It was their first trip to the playoffs in 15 years, but the O's were dispatched by the New York Yankees in five games.Two years later, Showalter led the Orioles to 96 wins and the AL East division crown. The Orioles swept the Detroit Tigers in the ALDS to reach the ALCS, but the Kansas City Royals swept Showalter's group. However Tyler Austin Jersey , he was named 2014 AL Manager of the Year.advertisingShowalter's tenure in Baltimore ends with a record of 669-684, but keep in mind that he led them to four winning seasons and three playoff appearances. Showalter brought new life into a long-time losing organization, but the Orioles had no choice but to start making changes after a very, very porous season where nothing went right.But given the three AL Manager of the Year awards on his resume, Showalter should earn consideration for other managerial openings. He joins John Gibbons (Toronto), Jeff Banister (Texas), and Paul Molitor (Minnesota), as 2018 managers who were let go by their respective teams.advertising

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.