A modest scoreless streak from Jose Quint

in Porbleme mit der Anlage 27.06.2019 03:19
von panxing18 • Gas Geselle | 254 Beiträge

MIAMI (AP) —ana has helped the Chicago Cubs to their best stretch of the young season.Quintana gave up six hits in seven innings to lead the Cubs to a 4-0 victory over the Miami Marlins on Tuesday night.Quintana (2-1) struck out seven and extended his scoreless innings streak to 14. The left-hander didn’t allow a runner to reach second until Austin Dean’s two-out double in the seventh.“I’m very happy with this outing and how I am throwing lately http://www.piratesfanproshop.com/authentic-josh-bell-jersey ,” Quintana said. “I feel great with my stuff. I just try to stay focused, one pitch at a time, one out at a time.”Javier Baez went 3 for 4 and hit his fifth homer, a solo shot to the opposite field off Adam Conley in the eighth. Baez has three hits in each of his last three games and is the third Cubs shortstop in the last 60 years with the feat, joining Larry Bowa and Starlin Castro.“I’m seeing the ball really good right now,” Baez said. “This is the hottest that I’ve been this year. I’m just trying to focus on keeping it that way and swinging at pitches in the zone.”Brandon Kintzler relieved Quintana and surrendered a two-out single to Brian Anderson and walked Castro. Jorge Alfaro drove Kintzler’s 1-1 fastball to the warning track in center before Albert Almora tracked it down for the third out.Chicago scored its fourth run on Ben Zobrist’s sacrifice fly in the ninth.Pedro Strop pitched a scoreless ninth for the Cubs, who have won five of six.“Everybody’s got to do their jobs, especially for us to get back to the promise land and win that last game of the year,” Chicago manager Joe Maddon said.“(Quintana) was on top of his game. He had great command of everything. Great carry on his pitches but the curveball was as good as we’ve seen. He’s pitching with everything he’s got with a lot of confidence and there is no reason why he can’t continue that way.”The Cubs took a 1-0 lead on Daniel Descalso’s single in the third and pushed across another run in the fourth on David Bote’s RBI groundout.Descalso singled and walked twice and Bote had two hits and scored twice.Miami starter Pablo Lopez (1-3) allowed two runs, five hits, struck out six and walked one in five innings. Lopez has not pitched six complete innings in his four starts.“I felt good physically,” Lopez said. “I did a better job with it. I still fell behind some guys and when I came back into the zone I got hit around a little bit Ivan Nova Jersey , but I feel the sequencing was a little better, the intent and aggressiveness behind the pitch was a little better as well.”Before the game, the Marlins optioned shortstop JT Riddle to Triple-A New Orleans and recalled outfielder Isaac Galloway. Galloway started in right field and went 1 for 4. He also threw out Descalso at third as he attempted to advance from second on a flyout in the fifth.“You felt like the throw out at third is one of those plays that can change a game from the standpoint of if you can get out of that inning and you’re basically in the heart of their order and then (Galloway) leads off the next inning with a hit and you’re hoping OK this game has got a chance to change right there and we just weren’t able to do it,” Miami manager Don Mattingly said.MARLINS PARK’S OUTFIELD DIMENSIONS STYMIE BRYANT, ALFAROIn addition to Alfaro’s long flyout, Kris Bryant was betrayed by the outfield’s dimensions. Galloway tracked down Bryant’s drive to deep right center in the seventh. However, the distance failed to hold Baez’s shot that gave the Cubs a cushion to their 2-0 lead. “I think that was one of my best swings that I’ve had in all my career,” Baez said. “I hit it perfectly.”DEFENSIVE IMPROVEMENTMattingly voiced concern over his team’s defense prior to Tuesday’s game. His players responded with Galloway’s throw and catch of Bryant’s shot. Lewis Brinson also threw out Baez at second as he attempted to extend a single into a double in the sixth. Baez originally was ruled safe before a video overturned the call.TRAINER’S ROOMCubs: Maddon said there is no date set for LHP Jon Lester (left hamstring strain) to resume throwing while he continues non-baseball rehabilitation. LHP Mike Montgomery (left lat) postponed his rehabilitation stint Tuesday at Single A South Bend after his wife gave birth to the couple’s first child.Marlins: RHP Austin Brice (gastroenteritis) was placed on the 10-day injured list. LHP Jarlin Garcia was recalled from Triple A New Orleans to take Brice’s spot on the roster.UP NEXT:Cubs LHP Cole Hamels (2-0, 3.79) is scheduled to start the series finale Wednesday against RHP Sandy Alcantara (1-1, 4.24). Whatcha readin’ this off-season?"Many people are making New Year’s resolutions this time of year, and if one of yours isn’t “read more books”, it should be! The off-season is the best time to catch up on reading http://www.piratesfanproshop.com/authentic-josh-bell-jersey , but what should you be putting in front of your eyeballs this winter? We asked a few Royals Review writers to recommend some of their favorite baseball-related books.Max Rieper - Ben Reiter’s AstroballIf there was a sequel to Moneyball, this would be it. Sports Illustrated writer Ben Reiter, who wrote the article for the famous 2014 cover piece predicting (correctly) that the Astros would be 2017 World Champions, reflected on how the Astros went from zeroes to heroes in his book Astroball. The book takes a great behind-the-scenes look at some of the cutting-edge philosophies that helped propel the Astros to the title, including in-depth profiles and interviews with key figures like General Manager Jeff Luhnow and Director of Decision Science Sig Mejdal. Like Moneyball, the book excuses away too quickly some of the mistakes made by the front office - letting J.D. Martinez go before he blossomed, offering to trade Dallas Keuchel to Miami for nothing, and blowing back-to-back first overall picks on Mark Appel and Brady Aiken. But if you’re a fan that wants to know how a successful, modern front office operates, this book is a must-read. Amazon.com: Astroball: The New Way to Win it AllSean Thornton - John Rosengren’s The Fight of their LivesThe book is about the infamous Juan Marichal/John Roseboro fight in 1965. Over the years neither player was able to leave the incident behind them, as whenever either player was brought up, so was the fight. Time painted Marichal as the bad guy and Roseboro as just being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Over time Marichal would reach out to Roseboro Brad Hand Jersey , and the two men would even be able to bury the hatchet. For a number of years Marichal, despite having the numbers, wouldn’t be voted into the Hall of Fame, many citing the fight. This whole section of the book is a great view into the two former players relationship, as Roseboro feels the need to set the record straight and vouch for his friend, Marichal. Two men who at once were enemies on the field would grow a friendship that many former players never achieve, yet along two that were once at odds. Amazon.com: The Fight of Their Lives: How Juan Marichal And John Roseboro Turned Baseball’s Ugliest Brawl Into A Story Of Forgiveness And Redemptionsterlingice - Jim Bouton’s Ball FourThe book was written a little before my time so I can’t understand the cultural impact when it came out. However, its reputation is that of the first “behind the scenes” book into athlete life. It’s a daily diary of Jim Bouton’s 1969 season, sometimes interesting, sometimes boring, much like I imagine the life of a ballplayer to be. While telling the events of each day, he weaves old stories into the narrative. It is often mundane or clich茅 http://www.padresfanproshop.com/authentic-brad-hand-jersey , however, I wonder how much was understood by the general public before this look behind the curtain. For instance, he talks a lot about the mystical Yankees and the tell-all about Mantle was quite scandalous. But I feel his portrayal was fairly even handed: sometimes painting him as a good guy and other times not. I think the scandal is that Mantle was supposed to be above reproach but Bouton pained him as a human. I don’t believe he was trying to be mean in the tell-all, just tell-all, from the uninteresting to the shocking. He shares personal politics, personal stories, and a pretty entertaining personal wit. In short, his season is ordinary by baseball standards but it’s a perfect primary source lens through which to view the life of a baseball player and that’s why it’s a historically significant (and entertaining) book.Amazon.com: Ball FourDo you have any baseball-related books (or even non-baseball-related books) you would recommend?

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.