TORONTO -- Toronto defender Doneil Henry said hes not one to shy away when he makes mistakes and accepted full blame for a pair

in VW 27.01.2018 04:41
von jokergreen0220 • Gaser Lehrling III | 179 Beiträge

TORONTO -- Toronto defender Doneil Henry said hes not one to shy away when he makes mistakes and accepted full blame for a pair of miscues which resulted in New England Revolution goals. Casey Cizikas Jersey . Henry, who missed three games with a knee injury, was charged with a handball in the penalty area in the 82nd minute as he went to block a strike from Patrick Mullins. On the ensuing penalty kick, Lee Nguyen picked up his fourth goal of the season, giving the Revolution a 2-1 win Saturday afternoon. Henrys turnover in the 24th minute led to the Revolutions first goal of the day. Daigo Kobayashi capitalized on the turnover and sent the through ball in for rookie Mullins, whose left-footed strike beat a diving Julio Cesar to tie the game 1-1. The goal was Mullins first of his MLS career. "That pass there on the first goal, thats my fault, I take full blame for that, but it was a tough match," said Henry. "I think we were very unfortunate not to put more goals in the back of the net, but at the end of the day, I have to get better, and thats on me. "Second half penalty, dying seconds of the game, thats unfortunate, no way I go to hand ball that, Im not even looking at the ball. I just tried to put my body in the way." In Henrys absence defender Bradley Orr filled in at centre-back, but TFC coach Ryan Nelsen felt Orr was playing out of position. "Doneil had been training really well and him and Steven (Caldwell) are centre-backs, Brad is not a centre-back," Nelsen explained. "Also, if you look at the attributes of Steven and Bradley, theyre very similar type players. I thought we needed some athleticism. "I didnt think that was our problem." The win was the first in eight tries at BMO Field for New England (4-3-2), and stretches its undefeated streak to four games. Toronto (3-4-0) has now lost three straight. Henry had an opportunity to redeem himself in the 84th minute as Michael Bradley sent in a cross off a set piece, but Henrys header sailed just over the bar. Then in the 86th minute, Gilberto put a header off a Mark Bloom cross off the post. "I thought the first half, early on, we created some good chances, just unlucky not to score, its frustrating. I thought we were the better side in the second half," said Jermain Defoe, who returned to the Reds lineup after missing five weeks due to a hamstring injury. "Overall I thought we were the better team, especially the second half, they didnt really create anything. We were the ones creating everything for the chances." Toronto opened the scoring in the sixth minute as Jacksons strike deflected off of Revolution defender A.J. Soares and got past keeper Bobby Shuttleworth. The goal was Jacksons first in MLS. Mullins had an excellent chance to give the visitors a 2-1 lead in the 28th minute with a strike in the area but put it wide of the goal. "The most important thing is that we got the three points, especially in a tough place to play on the road," said Mullins. "I think the big thing today was not me scoring or Lee scoring, it was a full team effort from start to finish and us getting the win." Cesar made a huge save off of Teal Bunbury in the 39th minute. A Revs midfielder sent the ball into the area for Bunbury, but he failed to get enough on the ball before Cesar was able to grab possession of the ball. Gilberto had a number of first half chances for Toronto. In the fifth minute, the forward put his strike just wide of the net. Then in the 30th minute, Gilbertos strike from the left side of the box went of the far goal post. Jackson was handed a yellow card in the 43rd minute for a dangerous play as his boot caught Revs defender Chris Tierney in the chest. "Its really difficult when you start slow, and they capitalized on that scoring early," said Revolution coach, Jay Heaps. "The first half was very open, it could have been 2-2 and I thought that the team fought hard and found a way to win as we didnt play our best so that is always nice." The two teams reconvene August 30 at Gillette Stadium in New England before a third and final meeting Oct. 25 at BMO Field. Christopher Gibson Jersey . The seventh-ranked Berdych wants to focus on the ATP Tour after helping the Czechs beat the Netherlands in the first round. Seeking their third straight Davis Cup title, the Czechs will rely again on veteran Radek Stepanek. Anders Lee Jersey .Brazil midfielder Ricardo Goulart scored the winner in the 50th minute to give the defending champion a four-point advantage in the standings over second-place Sao Paulo, which beat rival Palmeiras 2-0. http://www.nhlislandershockeystore.com/nikolay-kulemin-jersey/ .Y. -- Major League Soccer has agreed to new measures to protect gay players from discrimination and harassment as a result of meetings with New Yorks attorney general.VANCOUVER -- Geroy Simon paused for a moment to reflect as he stood on the field where he made a name for himself. "Ive got chills already standing in this place," the Saskatchewan Roughriders receiver said as he met the media at B.C. Place Stadium on Thursday. You can watch tonights game live on TSN and TSN Mobile TV at 10pm et. Simon spent 12 seasons with the Lions before being traded to the Riders in January. He became the CFLs all-time leader in receiving yards last season with B.C. and broke the leagues record for career receptions last week. "It feels like home. Im excited to be here," Simon said. "Im here as a visitor but it still feels normal." Simon and the Roughriders hosted the Lions in Regina on Sept. 22, with B.C. securing a 24-22 victory. The 38-year-old said getting the first game against his former team out of the way will help make Fridays matchup easier. "It was good that we got to play them a couple weeks ago in Regina. I got to see a lot of people and say hi to people I hadnt seen in a long time," Simon said. "Ive got to put that aside and help this team win a football game." Lions head coach Mike Benevides said B.C. plans to honour Simon before the game. "Its going to be exciting to see him in thee building. Jordan Eberle Jersey. . I know hes going to be ready and jacked up to make an impact on the game," Benevides said. "Its certainly going to be a warm moment because I know the fans are going to acknowledge him in a positive way, and they should. "It was my privilege to be a coach for him for 10 years." Simon, who missed five games in 2012 because of hamstring issues, said after the season that he was open to restructuring his contract with B.C. Lions general manager Wally Buono gave Simon permission to gauge interest in a potential trade, which led to the deal with Saskatchewan. Simon has 31 catches for 448 yards and three touchdowns so far in 2013, but also missed three games with an upper-body injury. Fridays contest is crucial for both teams, with Saskatchewan (8-5) looking to snap a four-game losing streak and B.C. (9-4) poised to draw even with the Calgary Stampeders atop the West Division standings. Lions defensive back Korey Banks said he has nothing but respect for Simon, but added the time for pleasantries is after the game. "Guys in the UFC are friends and they have to fight one another for the championship and they beat each others brains out," Banks said. "After the game well take about it. Well hug and wish luck." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.