It was quite the dingerrific evening in GABP.

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 13.05.2019 04:41
von zhangzk • Gaser Lehrling III | 167 Beiträge

The Joe Nuxhall Memorial Honorary Star of the GamePhil Ervin has been the rare “blocked” prospect for the Cincinnati Reds to actually get a path to some playing time Jeff Mathis Jersey , stay healthy, and produce like crazy in his time in 2018, and on Friday he had his biggest night as a big leaguer.Mr. Magic went 3 for 3 with a walk, a pair of dingers, 4 runs scored, and 4 runs driven in form his left field spot, adding a diving catch to save a would-be extra-base hit on defense for good measure. While the likes of Dilson Herrera, Nick Senzel, and Alex Blandino have all either seen opportunities to get playing time be lost due to either injury or the presence of All Stars in front of them, Erv has largely taken the opportunity presented to him by the injury to Jesse Winker and the trade of Adam Duvall to show what he can do, and tonight, especially, he’s looked pretty dang good doing so.Honorable Mentions are due to: Scott Schebler, who cranked a grand slam; Jose Peraza, who went 2 for 5 with a 3-run double; and that Padres pitcher named Wick http://www.philliesfanproshop.com/authentic-pat-neshek-jersey , who surrendered a pile of runs to the Reds in my stead so they could finally get back in the win column.Key PlaysThe key-est play on the evening was a 2+ hour rain delay that pushed the start time of this one back late enough to where the Reds wouldn’t finish until after midnight. So, in lieu of a detailed play-by-play, just know that Anthony DeSclafani got knocked around a bit early, the two teams played see-saw ball with the lead for the first handful of innings, and a 5-run 6th inning - which featured Schebler’s grand slam - broke the doors open on things.Reds won, 12-6, which you know from the title of this thing.Tony GraphaninoSource: FanGraphsOther NotesSchebler’s grand slam was the 10th on the season for the Reds, which sets a single-season team record. The 2002 vintage had also clubbed 9.Matt Harvey will continue to start for these Reds, with his next outing set for Saturday’s contest between these two clubs. First pitch is set for 4:10 PM ET.Tunes. Tuesday links!"Last week, we heard that the Cincinnati Reds and Pensacola Blue Wahoos had failed to reach an agreement to extend their player development contract, meaning that it was highly likely that the Reds would be on the lookout (**PUN ALERT**) for a new AA affiliate. As it turns out, they’ll actually be heading back home in a way, as C. Trent Rosecrans confirmed on the twitters earlier Tuesday.David Paschall of the Times Free Press revealed that the Reds and Lookouts will renew a partnership that previously ran from 1988 through 2008, and that said partnership will be announced later this afternoon.It’s a solid move for the Reds, as it keeps them in the AA Southern League while also bringing their affiliate that much closer to Reds Country. Considering the endless shuffle that teams go through almost every off-season with their minor league franchises Lenny Dykstra Jersey , this is a pretty solid endgame, all told, especially for those minor leaguers that will get to call the fine city of Chattanooga home for the next few years.In other news, the Cincinnati Reds made a pair of promotions from within today, announcing that Shawn Pender has been named VP of Player Development and that Eric Lee has been named Senior Director of Player Development. Considering I know absolutely nothing about the relative qualifications of either, I can only trust that they’re wholly deserving of these positions. That said, it’s continually an odd thing to watch this franchise consistently promote from within while consistently putting a sub-par product on the field almost every single year.Speaking of which, Jim Riggelman hopes the Reds lift the interim tag off his title, as MLB.com’s Glenn Sattell reported earlier this week. Riggleman, you’ll remember, was the 3B coach for the Reds before being promoted from within to the role of bench coach, which is the position he was in when then manager Bryan Price was canned earlier this year. He has been around for - and has been a prominent leader in - the losing this franchise has sustained for years now, too, and frankly, I do not hope they lift the interim tag off his title. I hope they remove his title altogether. Related: C. Trent detailed how this season is stumbling to the finish in many similar ways to how it stumbled out of the gate for The Athletic. This has truly been one of the absolute most disappointing http://www.philliesfanproshop.com/authentic-pat-neshek-jersey , boring seasons of any team I’ve ever followed regularly in my entire life, and given the backdrop of several years of historic losing that preceded it, I simply cannot fathom another winter of the same old, same old strategery that got the Reds to this point. At least, I cannot fathom how I’ll react to it, since I still firmly expect the team will keep Scooter Gennett, sign Matt Harvey for more than he’s worth, and show up to Goodyear in March thinking they’ve done enough to try to compete against an NL Central that’s juuuust about to send three other teams to the playoffs this year. Yes, this year compounded with the last four years has made me as cynical as I may have ever been, but here we are.Want another reason for growing cynicism: Scott Schebler will be moving to LF for next year, with Jesse Winker now penciled in to take over in RF, as The Enquirer’s Bobby Nightengale relayed. You’ve watched both play defense. You’ve seen both of them run and throw. They’re really doing this. They really are. How early is too early for nine beers? Asking for a friend...Finally, Bronson Arroyo is playing a concert in Cincinnati on November 9th, and mannn is Sean Casey ever pumped.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.