He was initially the designated hitter.

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 26.01.2018 07:24
von jokergreen0220 • Gaser Lehrling III | 179 Beiträge

PORTLAND, Ore. Chris Sale Jersey . - After the Trail Blazers clawed back from a 23-point deficit and withstood a video review of the final shot, guard Wesley Matthews enjoyed a laugh in the locker room.Thats how we drew it up, he joked.Portland edged the Charlotte Hornets 102-100 on Tuesday night, barely escaping after instant replay showed Gary Neals potential game-tying layup didnt quite beat the buzzer.Damian Lillard scored 29 points, and LaMarcus Aldridge added 25 points and 14 rebounds for the Blazers, who have won four of five and improved to 5-1 at home.It just felt like a game we could turn around, Lillard said. It was just a matter of us understanding that, Hey, if we stick with it, things will come around.Al Jefferson scored 22, and Lance Stephenson had 14 points and 14 rebounds for the Hornets.Portland rallied in the final period. Lillards 3-pointer and Aldridges 10-foot turnaround jumper narrowed it to 92-90 with 5:11 left.The Blazers took their first lead, 97-96, on Steve Blakes 3-pointer with 3:04 to go. Portland stayed in front, going up 102-98 with 14.3 seconds left. After Neal made a layup, Charlotte got the ball with 3.5 seconds left.It appeared that Neal hit another layup at the buzzer to tie it at 102, but upon review it was determined the ball did not leave his hand in time.When I made the basket I thought it was good, Neal said. It was a bang-bang play, so it was hard to say. I thought it was out of my hand but they said it wasnt, so it wasnt.Neal also addressed why he didnt go for a 3-pointer and the win. Lillards defence was the reason.A 3 wouldve been a bad shot in that situation, he said. The way that Lillard closed in on me, that would have been a terrible shot, a terrible decision. So I drove strong right and attacked the basket, and like I said I was a tenth of a second too late.The Blazers played without Nicolas Batum, who injured his knee Sunday in the final minutes of Portlands 116-110 victory at home over the Nuggets.An MRI revealed that Batum has a bruised right knee, which will also keep him out of Wednesday nights game in Denver and Saturday nights game against the Nets.Still sore and unable to bend his knee very much, Batum said he hoped to return next Monday when the Blazers host the Pelicans.Im glad I wont have surgery or be out for months, he said Tuesday.Alan Crabbe, a second-year player out of California, made his first NBA start in Batums place.Charlotte took a 27-15 lead after a 14-2 run that was capped by Cody Zellers basket with 2:39 to go in the first quarter.Brian Roberts hit a layup to give the Hornets a 48-27 lead. Portland narrowed the margin to 64-51 at halftime after Aldridges layup before time ran out.Aldridge also hit a jumper to open the second half, but the Hornets kept the Blazers from getting too close. Zeller tossed up a floater that gave Charlotte a 78-64 lead.The Blazers closed to 85-75 heading into the fourth quarter, then outscored the Hornets 27-15 in the final period.Charlotte was coming off a 107-92 loss to the Los Angeles Lakers on Sunday night.TIP INSHornets: Charlottes 35 first-quarter points were a season high. The 64 points at halftime were also a season best. ... Jefferson has scored at least 20 points in six straight games.Trail Blazers: Batum played in all 82 games last season. ... The Blazers are 19-6 against Charlotte in Portland. ... The Moda Center was lit up in red, white and blue for Veterans Day.OFFENSIVE BOARDSThe Hornets had just six offensive rebounds, compared to Portlands 15 — something that wasnt lost on Jefferson. It was the offensive rebounds, man. A couple of them just bounced right to them, but we didnt do a good job, he said. Thats one of the things about that team. They get a lot of first- and second-chance points.WELCOME HOME, BLAKEBlake, in his third tour with the Blazers after he was picked up in the off-season, hit the go-ahead 3. He also played tough despite five fouls. Steve plays very hard, coach Terry Stotts said. I think the way he plays is contagious.UP NEXTThe Hornets visit the Phoenix Suns on Friday night.The Trail Blazers visit the Denver Nuggets on Wednesday night. Mookie Betts Jersey . His head snapped back from the impact and hit the floor. The All-Star power forward was all right afterward, a relief for the Minnesota Timberwolves. Nomar Garciaparra Jersey . In the calls, Hernandez discussed the murder of Odin Lloyd, including his "belief about his criminal liability" and the "extent of his control over persons charged as accessories," according to the request filed Thursday in Fall River Superior Court. http://www.redsoxjerseyauthenticshop.com/authentic-bobby-doerr-red-sox-jersey/ . - A lot of scenarios ran through Terrell Suggs head when the Baltimore linebacker prepared to face the Pittsburgh Steelers.OAKLAND, Calif. -- With the bat and with his arm, Yoenis Cespedes put on the best all-around performance of his career in front of a rare sellout crowd at the Oakland Coliseum. Cespedes finished a single shy of the cycle and threw out two runners at the plate, powering the Athletics past the Los Angeles Angels 11-3 on Saturday night in front of 35,067 fans. "I got a lot of motivation when I see the field like that," Cespedes said through an interpreter in Spanish. "The stands are full, the same thing when we were in the playoffs. It was sold out and they made me feel like a stronger mind and gave me a lot of motivation." In front of just the fourth sellout crowd of the season in Oakland, Cespedes gave quite a show. The reigning Home Run Derby champion doubled in the fourth, hit a triple in the seventh that scored the go-ahead runs and added a three-run homer in the eighth. He matched a career high with five RBIs to help the two-time defending AL West champions stretch their lead to 3 1/2 games over the Angels in the division. "No doubt about it," As manager Bob Melvin said when asked if Cespedes feeds off the roaring home crowds. "He just becomes a different player." Collin Cowgills three-run homer off Tommy Milone in the fourth accounted for all of the Angels runs. The As tagged Tyler Skaggs (4-3) with four runs and five hits in six-plus innings. Fernando Rodriguez (1-0) tossed one scoreless inning for the win. Milone allowed nine hits in six innings, striking out three and walking one. He laboured most of the way -- including escaping a bases-loaded jam with no outs in the first -- but got a big boost from his strong-armed, green glove-wearing left fielder on nearly identical plays in the second inning. Cespedes charged in and heaved a one-hop strike to catcher Derek Norris to nab Chris Iannetta and Kole Calhoun after line-drive singles. The throws sent fans roaring to their feet each time, and Cespedes received high-fives and head-pats from teammates and coaches in the dugout. &"He had a career night. Joe Kelly Jersey. Im lucky that it was today," Milone said. Crew chief Fieldin Culbreth upheld the first call after a 2-minute, 30-second review to see if Norris illegally blocked the plate under the new collision rule. Angels manager Mike Scioscia said Iannetta didnt have a lane to slid and the rule needs to be more clearly defined. There was no review or challenge on the second play to get Calhoun. "Knew it was going to be bang-bang and hes got a great arm," Calhoun said. "I thought I had a good jump. I thought itd be closer than what it was, but that was a great play by him." Cespedes came back big time with the bat. He doubled with one out in the fourth for Oaklands first hit, and Norris drove in a run on a flyout for Oaklands first run. After Kyle Blanks solo homer and Josh Donaldsons RBI groundout tied the score in the seventh, Cespedes drive off reliever Joe Smith landed just over Calhouns glove in right to score the go-ahead runs. Cespedes later lined a three-run shot in Jarrett Grubes major league debut in the eighth. It was Cespedes 10th home run this season. He also had five RBIs at Cleveland on May 18. NOTES: The As honoured the 1974 World Series championship team before the game. Three World Series MVPs -- Gene Tenace (72), Reggie Jackson (73) and Rollie Fingers (74) -- threw out ceremonial first pitches. ... Angels All-Star CF Mike Trout was scratched from the lineup because of upper back stiffness. He was initially the designated hitter. ... As RF Josh Reddick was replaced by pinch-hitter Coco Crisp after hyperextending his knee catching a fly at the wall in the seventh. He is day to day. ... Oakland 1B Brandon Moss was not in the lineup. He will likely sit out again Sunday to give his nagging right calf additional rest. ... The Angels designated LHP Wade LeBlanc for assignment and called up Grube from Triple-A Salt Lake. ... Angels ace Jered Weaver (6-3, 2.99 ERA) starts against Oaklands Sonny Gray (5-1, 2.31) in Sundays series finale. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.