otballing nations, along with the United S

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 13.03.2019 14:43
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

ANAHEIM, Calif. -- After giving up the lead late, the first-place Texas Rangers recovered to pull out the win.Carlos Gomez homered twice to give Texas the early lead, and Jonathan Lucroy capped a late see-saw game with a two-run homer in the eighth to lead the Rangers to an 8-5 victory over the Los Angeles Angels on Saturday night.It was enough, said Rangers manager Jeff Banister. I wouldnt say it was a perfect ballgame but one we really fought hard to win.The Angels rallied against reliever Keone Kela in the seventh. Kole Calhoun hit a two-run homer to tie it at 4-4. Banister stuck with Kela, but Mike Trout singled, advanced to third on a groundout and a wild pitch, and scored the go-ahead run on ground-rule double from C.J. Cron.The Angels lead was short-lived, however, as Lucroys 10th homer off reliever Jose Alvarez in the eighth gave the Rangers the lead back.Nomar Mazara tripled and scored on a wild pitch by Jose Valdez (1-2) to make it 7-5 later in the eighth. Adrian Beltre completed three consecutive singles in the ninth to finish the scoring.Valdez just had trouble finishing pitches, Scioscia said.With the victory the AL-best Rangers maintained their 9 1/2-game lead over the Astros in the West.Gomez hit both homers off right-hander Daniel Wright. He led off the game by hitting Wrights first pitch for a solo home run.It kind of shocked me a little bit, Wright said. He hit it well, to say the least. It kind of put me on my heels a little bit. You never want that to happen when you go out there. I tried to bounce back as best I could.Gomez added a two-run homer in the fourth against Wright, who was making his Angels debut.Wright, who was claimed off waivers from Cincinnati last Sunday and had not pitched in 12 days, lasted five innings. He allowed the four runs on six hits and a walk.I think he really showed the ability to spin the ball, Angels manager Mike Scioscia said. I think his fastball is sneaky. He got it in good spots. And really the first pitch of the game, Gomez just ambushed him on a slider. Outside of that, he did a pretty good job.Rangers left-hander Cole Hamels, coming off his worst start of the season against the Mariners (six runs in 4 1/3 innings) was not at his sharpest, but held the Angels to two runs in his six innings. He allowed six hits and four walks.He was kind of effectively wild, Banister said. Really, his misses were down and lateral. He threw enough quality strikes to keep hitters off balanced.After the Texas bullpen initially faltered, Tanner Scheppers (1-0), Matt Bush and Sam Dyson held the Angels scoreless over the final 2 1/3 innings. Dyson pitched the ninth to earn his 34th save.TRAINERS ROOMRangers: 2B Rougned Odor was given the night off with a sore hamstring. The Rangers said it was precautionary and called him day to day. . RH Colby Lewis is scheduled to make his first start Sunday since going down with a right lat strain June 21.Angels: Catcher Geovany Soto is still hopeful he will be able to return this season. Soto has been on the disabled list three times and appeared in only 26 games. He is currently out with right knee inflammation, but underwent a full workout Saturday.SHOEMAKER HOSPITALIZEDAngels right-hander Matt Shoemaker, who had emergency brain surgery Sunday after taking a line drive off his head, was back in the hospital Saturday.Angels general manager Billy Eppler said it was done as a precautionary measure after an MRI for swelling came back inconclusive. Eppler said Shoemaker had complained of pressure.A CT scan taken after Shoemaker was hospitalized came back negative for brain swelling but Eppler said he would remain overnight for observation.UP NEXTRangers: Colby (6-1) was off to a terrific start before landing on the disabled list for over two months. Sunday would mark his 16th start of the season. In three rehab starts he allowed 11 runs in 10 innings.Angels: RH Jered Weaver (10-11) will attempt to even his record. Last season was the only time in his 11-year career he has posted a losing record (7-12). Nike Air Jordan 1 Cheap . Patrice Bergeron and Daniel Paille scored 20 seconds apart a few minutes after Stamkos was taken off the ice on a stretcher with a broken right leg, and the Bruins beat the Lightning 3-0 on Monday afternoon. Air Jordan 1 Clearance . With Parker having a quiet game for once, Nicolas Batum and Boris Diaw provided the scoring as France won its first major basketball title by beating Lithuania 80-66 on Sunday. It was a victory that ended a decade of frustration for Parker and a talented French generation, which lost the final against Spain two years ago and took bronze in 2005. http://www.airjordan1cheapaustralia.com/ . Kuznetsov, who was selected by the Capitals in the first round of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, has been playing for his hometown team Chelyabinsk Traktor of the KHL. Air Jordan 1 Discount . After a first half in which he thought "the lid was on the basket," the Toronto Raptors coach watched his squad mount a second half surge to defeat the Cleveland Cavaliers 98-91. Buy Air Jordan 1 Australia .B. - Sebastien Auger made 44 saves as the Saint John Sea Dogs edged the visiting Acadie-Bathurst Titan 2-1 on Saturday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. Socceroos coach Ange Postecoglou has advocated the introduction of a national second division to sit beneath the A-League and act as a stepping stone to professional football.Citing the positive effect of the FFA Cup on state league football, Postecoglou believes there is merit in the idea of bringing together the top clubs from the various National Premier Leagues in one competition and give more opportunities to players and coaches.The goal would be for promotion to and relegation from the top tier - but until that becomes feasible, he reckons a new division would serve a purpose in giving second-tier clubs an incentive to grow and bridging the gap between the A-League and the NPL.When I was coaching A-League I used to get quite a few players from NPL clubs and even the training load was a massive jump for them, Postecoglou said.The divide between what were seeing in the A-League and in the NPL will become wider and wider unless we can provide a link between the two, because I see the A-League clubs becoming more and more professional.A really strong second-tier competition can surely help.Weve seen the FFA Cup provide that little of window of opportunity and you see how its been embraced by the whole football community.If you can bridge that gap by giving some incentive to some of the second-tier clubs to become a bit mmore professional, therell be more (talent) coming out of there.ddddddddddddPostecoglou said there would have to be tight controls around the administration of a second division, who would be allowed in, and how it would link with the A-League, if not immediately by direct promotion and relegation.Australia is one of only two major footballing nations, along with the United States, without promotion and relegation in their top-flight domestic leagues.It is a topic of increasingly hot debate in Australia and while FFA chief executive David Gallop recently described it as the ultimate prize for the sport, there are no plans to introduce it, and Australias geography and tough sporting market presents numerous challenges.Postecoglou described himself as pretty bullish about immediate A-League expansion, with a second tier and promotion and relegation ideally to follow.For me the first stage is to say lets get some more teams in the top division, provide more opportunities for players and supporters and I think youll find from there, growth will kind of happen anyway, he said.I understand theres economics behind it but from where I sit, I think theres a real need for it, and sooner rather than later. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.