He told me he was thinking about th

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 12.03.2019 08:43
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

Its not that anyone questioned Gwen Jorgensens running ability, but the 2016 Olympic triathlon champion and St. Paul, Minn., resident had never run 26.2 miles before starting Sundays New York City Marathon.Even though she says she wasnt entirely prepared for her first marathon, she turned in a pretty solid effort, finishing 14th overall in 2:41:01 against a strong field, just 71 days after winning gold at the Rio Olympics.Jorgensen, 30, said she wasnt entirely happy with the result and admitted she had some muscle soreness shes not used to, but overall said she had a great experience.Related story from Competitor.com: Sundays top finishersRelated story from Competitor.com: Abdi Abdirahman defies age, finishes thirdRelated story from Competitor.com: 45 reasons we love the NYC MarathonShe wound up beating a few notable pro American runners in the race, including two-time U.S. Olympian Kim Conley, who was also making her debut at the distance and placed 16th in 2:41:38, and Janet Bawcom, a 2012 Olympian at 10,000m on the track who placed 19th Sunday in 2:48:13. (For reference, Kenyas Mary Keitany won the race in 2:24:26.)It was a new experience for me and it was really exciting, Jorgensen said after the race. I have a great respect for the course and the distance, and I know the other professional runners in the race are very talented and hard-working. A couple of them flew by me at the end and I couldnt hang on.Jorgensen committed to running the New York City Marathon shortly after the biggest triathlon win of her career on Aug. 21 in Rio de Janeiro. Her race distances for that event included a 1.5K swim, a 40K bike ride and a 10K run.Then on Oct. 8, Jorgensen held her own at the U.S. 10-Mile Championship on the roads in Minneapolis, placing third overall in 53:13-about 5:19 pace per mile and just 24 seconds behind winner Jordan Hasay.Click here to read the full story from Competitor.com. Carlton Fisk Jersey . -- Al Jefferson found a groove just in time for the Charlotte Bobcats. J. D. Martinez Jersey . But when it comes to determining if Raymond will find a place on the Leafs roster when training camp concludes in a week, well, that decision will ultimately fall to the head coach. http://www.cheapredsoxjerseys.com/?tag=cheap-brandon-workman-jersey . -- The St. Johns IceCaps weathered a wild first period with the help of goaltender Jussi Olkinuora, before finding offensive inroads in the second. Mitch Moreland Jersey . Andreas Johnson had a goal and two assists while Jacob de la Rose also scored for Sweden (2-0-0). Esa Lindell and Rasmus Ristolainen replied for Finland (1-1-0) Lindell opened the scoring for Finland just 41 seconds into the game, but the hosts quickly regained their composure and tied the score less than four minutes later on Wennbergs first of the game. Chandler Shepherd Jersey . -- Most satisfying to Russ Smith about No. SEATTLE -- At this point of the season, the Oakland Athletics have to take their positives where ever they can get them.In a 5-1 loss to Seattle on Friday night -- Oaklands 10th in 11 games -- the bright spot was Zach Neal, who retired all 15 batters he faced to become just the second reliever in club history to pitch at least five perfect innings. The other was Dennis Eckersley, who pitched six perfect innings of relief in 1987.Hes come a long way, As manager Bob Melvin said. Hes had two days off, and gives us five innings of nothing against a team who looked like they were going to score 30 runs in the first couple innings.Seattle, which has won seven of nine, is one game behind Toronto for the AL wild-card second spot. The Mariners also trail Detroit by a half-game.Neal came on with one aboard in the third after starter Raul Alcantara (1-3) was tagged for five runs on four homers -- including two by Robinson Cano -- in two-plus innings.With Raul today, balls were over the middle of the plate, and unfortunately more mid-thigh than weve seen him, so he just had a tough night, Melvin said.Cano had a two-run homer in the first. He added his 38th home run in the third, a solo shot that gave him 100 RBI for the season. Norichika Aoki and Nelson Cruz also homered off Alcantara.Enter Neal, who was 0-2 with an 11.57 ERA in two starts against Seattle, giving up 12 runs in 9 1/3 innings pitched.The last time you all talked to me here I had just given up seven runs in four innings in my first big-league start, Neal said. So it kind of came full circle. It feels good to go out like that, especially here.Taijuan Walker (8-11) allowed one run on two hits in six innings, but walked five in a 113-pitch outing. The only run came on Ryon Healys 13th homer to open the sixth. Evan Scribner, Nick Vincent and Steve Cishek each pitched a scoreless inning of relief.It was just one of those weird starts where one hitter everything was locked in, the next hitter it was all over the place, Walker said. But, I just kept fighting.Cano drove a 1-1 pitch over the wall in center to give the Mariners to a 2-0 lead in the first after a leadoff infield single by Aoki.ddddddddddddoki made it 3-0 in the second with his fourth homer just inside the right field foul pole.Cano opened the third with another home run to center and Cruz followed with his 42nd homer to make it 5-0.The As loaded the bases in the fifth on two walks and a two-out error by second baseman Cano, but Walker retired Stephen Vogt on a popout.Neal, who was 1/3 with a 5.74 ERA in six starts, has not allowed a run in six of his last seven relief appearances.Ive just been doing the same thing I always had, Neal said. I think if theres one thing, its understanding what I do. Learning to throw my sinker to both sides of the plate, throwing strikes just like I always have. Just competing. I knew this last month was going to be a big month for me, and I was going to give it everything I had.HORN ANNOUNCES RETIREMENTOakland assistant athletic trainer Walt Horn announced he would retire at the end of the season. Horn has spent 39 years as an athletic trainer in the Athletics organization, including the last nine seasons with the major league club.If you know Walt, this is one of the tremendous gentlemen in the game, Melvin said. He told me he was thinking about this a while ago, and Ive been trying to talk him out of it.TRAINERS ROOMAthletics: RF Danny Valencia was originally in the lineup, but was a late scratch due to neck soreness. Matt Olson started in right.UP NEXTAthletics: Rookie RHP Jharel Cotton (2-0, 1.44 ERA) makes his fifth career start since being called up from Triple-A Nashville on Sept. 7. He has not allowed more than one earned run in any of his four starts, lasting at least 5 2/3 innings in each.Mariners: RHP Hisashi Iwakuma (16-12, 3.96 ERA) has been Seattles most consistent pitcher over the course of the season. His 16 victories are a career high, but he is 2-5 in his last eight starts. Iwakuma is 4-0 against Oakland this season. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.