leave the upper deck and all fans were told

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 12.03.2019 08:36
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- Claressa Shields did a cartwheel in the ring after winning her second Olympic boxing gold medal in Rio, and shes not done being honored quite yet.Shields and water polo goaltender Ashleigh Johnson were recognized as Sportswomen of the Year at the Womens Sports Foundations annual dinner Wednesday night.Shields received the individual honor sporting an updated tattoo on her right biceps. The image has the Olympic rings with the words Rio and London, and she added Au, which stands for gold on the periodic table, after defending her middleweight title in Rio.The 21-year-old Shields will decide in the coming years if she wants to add Tokyo for the 2020 Games.Im back in the gym, trying to figure out whats the best move next, Shields said. Im taking my time with that. I have a couple of different options. I can go pro or stay amateur for 2020.Johnson earned the award in the team competition. She had 51 saves in Rio, including nine in the final against Italy, as the Americans won their second consecutive Olympic gold medal.It was definitely a perfect ending to all the work and effort and sacrifices we made in the past 1? years, Johnson said. It was a big thing to carry on the legacy.A senior at Princeton, Johnson hopes to lead the Tigers to the NCAA tournament next spring. The water polo team just missed the tournament while the 6-foot-1 goalie was training for Rio.Big East commissioner Val Ackerman won the Billie Jean King Contribution Award. King, who won 39 Grand Slam titles in her tennis career, created the Womens Sports Foundation in 1974. The foundation provides travel and training grants and community-based sports opportunities.Pakistani pro squash player Maria Toorpakai Wazir, who moved to Canada after receiving death threats from the Taliban, earned the Wilma Rudolph Courage Award.Shields became the first U.S. boxer to win consecutive gold medals in an Olympic sport that added women in 2012.Shes training and getting acclimated in her new place in Boynton Beach, Florida. The native of Flint, Michigan, spent the year before Rio at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colorado. She moved to Florida three weeks ago.I love it here, just got my furniture, she said. I like the vibe and the people down here. Theyre very family-oriented and this place just makes me happy.In the gold-medal match in Rio, Shields was faster and stronger than her taller Dutch opponent Nouchka Fontijn. Shields, who wore Superman knee socks, encouraged Fontijn in the fourth round to put up a better fight.I didnt mean to taunt her in the last round, Shields said. When I fight with my hands down, its more letting her think she has opportunities and a shot when she doesnt.Shields owns a 77-1 record, won two world championship titles and spars mostly against men.If you want to get the best out of me, you have to let me fully perform, she said. The guys cant hold back on me, so you end up going 100 percent. Theres a bunch of guys who wanted to prove a point, and they couldnt.Shields, who threw out the first pitch at a Detroit Tigers game last month, has a film about her life in the works through Universal Pictures. Barry Jenkins, the director of Moonlight, recently signed on to write the script.Im not done yet, Shields said. I have this hunger to do more and be bigger and be more known and get womens boxing on the course of being respected by everybody. Authentic Will Dissly Jersey . Listen to the game live on TSN Radio 1050 at 7pm et. The Raptors traded Rudy Gay, Quincy Acy and Aaron Gray to the Sacramento Kings on Monday, in exchange for Greivis Vasquez, John Salmons, Patrick Patterson and Chuck Hayes. Authentic Rasheem Green Jersey . 1 position. The Mustangs (6-0), who beat Queens 50-31 last weekend, earned 17 first-place votes and 287 points in voting by the Football Reporters of Canada. Western was last ranked first in the country in October 2011. http://www.cheapseahawksjerseysauthentic.com/ . According to a report from the Vancouver Province, the Lions are expected to replace former DC Rich Stubler with defensive backs coach Mark Washington. Wholesale Seattle Seahawks Jerseys . Cuban testified Thursday that he was upset when the companys CEO told him news that would reduce the value of his shares, for which hed paid $7.5 million. But he said he did nothing improper when he sold those shares over the next two days. Cheap Seahawks Jerseys Authentic . Denis Coderre, the former federal MP who was elected mayor on Nov. 3, has drawn the ire of some Montreal Canadiens. During last nights game he tweeted: "Hello? Can we get a one-way ticket to (minor-league) Hamilton for David Desharnais please. ARLINGTON, Texas -- The Arizona Diamondbacks will avoid having to play a doubleheader in Texas. Except now they will have to make an extra trip later in the season to play a makeup game against the Rangers. Arizonas game at Texas on Wednesday night was postponed due to unplayable field conditions caused by a severe thunderstorm just more than an hour before the game was scheduled to start. During the storm that included lightning, gusty winds and heavy rains, the infield was soaked while the grounds crew struggled to get the tarp on the field. "We walked around, I was standing out there ... the field took a ton of water," Arizona manager Kirk Gibson said. "They wanted to play a game today, we didnt want to play a doubleheader (Thursday), but it was just dangerous. It was really muddy on the baselines." Though the rain stopped and the grounds crew had been working on the field, Rangers officials announced the postponement just about an hour after the scheduled start. That decision was made after Gibson joined several Rangers officials, including CEO Nolan Ryan, general manager Jon Daniels and manager Ron Washington, to survey the field. "Third base and the third-base line was just entirely too soft," Washington said. "Out of the box down the first-base line, halfway where the umpires box is, its soft too. When I saw (the rain) I was watching them go under the tarp bringing the stuff that was on the field out. I didnt see the rain or the wind blow." Arizona and Texas will play a single game as scheduled Thursday, in what was to be the end of the Diamondbacks last scheduled trip to Rangers Ballpark. The Diamondbacks are scheduled to play Friday afternoon at the Chicago Cubs. The game postponed Wednesday will be made up at a later date, likely Aug. 15, a mutual off day for both teams. That is a scheduled day off for the Diamondbacks after an eight-game homestand and before a game in Pittsburgh. That is in the middle of what is already eight home games in a row for Texas. Rangers spokesman John Blake said there were no injuries reported during the storms, but thhat about 25 trees outside the stadium sustained damage or were toppled by the bad weather.dddddddddddd. Arizona swept a planned doubleheader against Texas on Monday at home. The teams had Tuesday off before the scheduled two games at Rangers Ballpark. Both scheduled starting right-handers for the postponed game are set to start Thursday. Brandon McCarthy (2-3) will pitch for the Diamondbacks against Justin Grimm (4-3). "I thought we were going to go, it was just a matter of when," said McCarthy, who never started warming up for the game. "It was a wasted off day for nothing." A few minutes after the postponement was announced, Grimm was out in front of the Rangers dugout throwing long toss to bullpen catcher Josh Frasier. Gibson said part of the field was OK, but that groundkeeper Dennis Klein said he needed to " get spikes in it, open it up and let some air get in there and dry it out. " More than a dozen grounds crew members were working on the field after the game was called, concentrating their efforts on the third-base line. During Arizonas batting practice before the game, an announcement was made that the area was under a severe thunderstorm warning. Fans were asked to leave the upper deck and all fans were told to seek shelter. When the Diamondbacks left the field a few minutes later, some field crew members rolled the batting cage out of the way while others starting pulling the tarp. While the crew tried to get the tarp in position, gusty winds caused the heavy covering to start flapping wildly and it wound up bunched together toward second base and in shallow centre field. Heavy rain fell during the several minutes it took to get the tarp under control and cover the infield, with the grounds crew joined by security and other ballpark personnel. Once the storm had passed, the crew prepared the infield dirt with drying dust and worked furiously to try to prepare the field for play. As planned, the tarp was then pulled back over the field -- with no issues this time -- with another storm in the area, though there was no more significant rain. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.