. Be smart about it. ... 2B Logan Forsythe (

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 12.03.2019 08:34
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Green, not gold, was the color of the day at the Olympic diving venue.Sure, China won its third consecutive gold medal Tuesday, but the buzz was about the murky green color of the water in the diving pool.That was in stark contrast to the pools light blue color the previous day and the clear water in the second pool used for the water polo competition at Maria Lenk Aquatic Center.British diver Tom Daley, who earned bronze in mens synchronized 10-meter on Monday, tweeted a photo of the two pools next to each other, along with the caption, Ermmm...what happened?!Water quality has been a major issue surrounding the Rio de Janeiro Olympics, but in the ocean and lagoons, not the pools.A statement from Olympic organizers said water tests were conducted and that there was no risk to athletes. They couldnt explain the color change, but said its being investigated.Rio spokesman Mario Andrada said the green was caused by a proliferation of algae.This was because of heat and a lack of wind, he said. We did all the chemical tests. The pool will be blue tomorrow (Wednesday).If it were green and yellow, we would know it was a patriotic thing, Andrada joked, referring to Brazils national colors.Canada team leader Mitch Geller suspected the cause was algae that multiplied quickly in the days warm and sunny conditions.Everybody was scratching their heads going, Whats going on? he said. I think that the filter is busted, but Im not sure. Its not really dangerous. Its not like its toxic or dirty or any of that. It seemed to get worse over the course of the competition.The kale-colored water wasnt just a cosmetic nuisance. It was so dark that divers couldnt see the bottom of the pool.Theyre used to seeing the water, Geller said. The visuals are really, really important in diving.Chen Ruolin, who teamed to win gold with Liu Huixia, said it didnt affect them.Paola Espinosa of Mexico, competing in her fourth Olympics, noticed the pool getting increasingly darker throughout the six-round competition. But she said the water didnt smell or affect her skin.I havent seen anything like it before, Espinosa said. But its Brazil and everything is green down here, so maybe it was a decoration to make it look pretty.American Jessica Parratto wears contacts and said the water didnt burn her eyes.Bronze medalists Meaghan Benfeito and Roseline Filion of Canada tried not to laugh as they gazed at the water from atop the 33-foot tower. They liked that the dark green color offered a helpful contrast with the blue sky.The only thing we said is dont open your mouth in the water, just in case, Benfeito said.Geller said a Canadian pool expert was coming in Wednesday and he would offer to help Rio organizers chemically treat the water if theres a problem with the filter.I dont know what its going to look like tomorrow, he said. I hope its not a swamp. Wholesale NFL Jerseys Authentic . Tracey comes to the Blue Bombers after spending over a decade with Queens University. Most recently he was the schools assistant football coach. Cheap Jerseys Paypal . Coach Tom Thibodeau says the former MVP will probably start travelling with the team in the next few weeks. Rose tore the meniscus in his right knee at Portland in November and was ruled out for the remainder of the season by the Bulls. http://www.authenticnfljerseys.net/ . Los Angeles star goalie survived those perilous gymnastics with no problem, and he eventually backstopped the Kings to a skid-snapping win. Quick stopped 27 shots in his return from a 24-game injury absence, Jeff Carter scored the tiebreaking goal with 7:55 to play, and the Kings snapped their five-game losing streak with a 3-1 victory over the Vancouver Canucks on Saturday night. Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping . Defencemen Drew Doughty, Shea Weber and forward Ryan Getzlaf also scored for the Canadians, who started their gold-medal defence 2-0. Goalie Roberto Luongo, getting the call in place of Game 1 starter Carey Price, was solid when needed in making 23 saves for the shutout. Wholesale Jerseys China . "Trying to breathe," he said with a grin. Bernier stopped 42 of 43 shots on Monday night, including all 22 in a hectic middle frame, his heroic performance propelling the Leafs toward an undue point in their final game before the Christmas break. ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Chris Archer and Brad Miller did nearly all the work while the Tampa Bay Rays won their fourth straight.Archer struck out nine in 7 1/3 innings, Miller hit his third homer in two days and Tampa Bay beat the San Diego Padres 2-0 on Wednesday to complete a three-game sweep.That was outstanding, Rays manager Kevin Cash said.Archer (7-16) allowed four hits and a walk. Hes at risk of becoming the majors first 20-game loser since Detroits Mike Maroth (21) in 2003, but also leads the AL with 186 strikeouts.Baseballs a game where youve got to be on top of your game no matter what the score is, Archer said.Miller hit his 25h homer in the first inning after going deep twice in a 15-1 rout Tuesday night. He has 11 home runs since the All-Star break.Alex Colome got the final four outs for his 28th save. He escaped a two-on, no-out jam in the ninth.Christian Friedrich (4-9) allowed two runs and six hits for the Padres, who have lost five straight and eight of 10. The left-hander is 0-7 over his last nine starts.Padres slugger Wil Myers struck out in all four at-bats. He also fanned in his final three plate appearances Tuesday.It comes down to me, Myers said. I havent done anything to really get the offense going. ... Ive been not just bad but terrible this last two weeks.Nick Franklin was hit in the head on deck by a teammates bat but drew a walk and scored in the first inning before leaving the game with a head bruise.Kevin Kiermaier smacked the back of Franklins head with a bat when Franklin bent to grab pine tar in the on-deck circle prior to leading off the first inning. Kiermaier was stretching a few feet in front of Franklin, swinging the bat with a weight on it over his head with one arm. Franklin was wearing a helmet.Right when it first happened, I felt a little bit dazed, said FFranklin, who passed a concussion protocol test.dddddddddddd Partially it was my fault. I saw him there, I thought I was out of the way and next thing you know I got whacked.Franklins head and vision were checked by Rays athletic trainer Ron Porterfield. Franklin scored on Millers two-run homer, but was taken out after the inning.Tampa Bay became the majors last team to reach one million in home attendance this season with an announced crowd of 10,251.TRAINERS ROOMPadres: OF Jabari Blash (sore knuckle) got the day off. ... OF Alex Dickerson (general soreness) was the designated hitter for the second straight game.Rays: SS Matt Duffy didnt play after leaving three innings into Tuesdays game due to mild left Achilles tendon soreness. Duffy returned Aug. 12 after missing two months with a strain in the same tendon. Im not concerned at all, he said. Be smart about it. ... 2B Logan Forsythe (back spasms) missed his second straight game.LONGOS LINE3B Evan Longoria played in his 1,236th game with the Rays to pass Carl Crawford for the most in team history. Longoria is the Rays career leader in a number of categories including homers (232), RBI (780), doubles (292) and extra-base hits (540).MOVING DAYRays RHP Chase Whitley (Tommy John surgery) completed a 30-day rehab assignment and was optioned to Double-A Montgomery. Expected to be a September call-up, Whitley allowed two runs over 21 innings in six minor league starts.UP NEXTPadres: RHP Paul Clemens (2-2) will go against Arizona RHP Archie Bradley (4-8) when San Diego opens a seven-game homestand Thursday night.Rays: RHP Matt Andriese (6-4) takes the hill Friday night against LHP Cole Hamels (12-4) and AL West-leading Texas. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.