he season-opening PGA Tour event have made

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 23.01.2018 07:55
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

STILLWATER, Okla. -- The struggling Texas defense will be tested again when it faces Oklahoma States explosive offense on the road.The 22nd-ranked Longhorns gave up 47 points in a win over Notre Dame and 50 in a loss to California. Oklahoma State is capable of doing just as much damage. The Cowboys average 39 points and feature one of the nations top pro quarterback prospects in Mason Rudolph.The Texas loss at California left coach Charlie Strong promising to get more involved in the defense, but hes resisted pressure to fire defensive coordinator Vance Bedford.We know weve had our issues on defense, and I have a lot of confidence in Vance Bedford, and I know Vance is going to do a good job, Strong said. We had a lot of time to sit by and just go look at the games that weve played this season and just how much better we could have been. And I said to him, its just three errors.The Longhorns will need to limit errors against the Cowboys. Rudolph entered the week ranked 11th nationally with 1,296 yards passing. The strong-armed junior passed for a school-record 540 yards against Pittsburgh, and he faces a secondary that has allowed nine passing touchdowns in the first three games. The Cowboys also are having some success running the ball with the tandem of Justice Hill and Rennie Childs doing most of the damage.Texas (2-1, 0-0 Big 12) can get a leg up in the conference race with a win and put Oklahoma State (2-2, 0-1) in a bind to start league play. If the Longhorns lose and cant slow Oklahoma States offense, Bedford said he will accept responsibility.I look at myself first, he said. I will never put the blame on a player or system. Look at yourself first and see what you can do to help the players be successful.Here are some things to watch on Saturday:PERKINS SUSPENDED: Senior offensive guard Kent Perkins has been suspended following his arrest last week for allegedly driving while intoxicated. The teams most experienced offensive lineman was arrested last Friday.Perkins apologized to the team.Im really grateful that I didnt cause injury to somebody else, you know, he said. I mean, its crazy what happened, and Im just thankful to God that nothing physically happened to me or anybody else.JAMES WASHINGTON: Oklahoma States speedster caught nine passes for 296 yards and two touchdowns against Pittsburgh two weekends ago and six passes for 89 yards against Baylor last week. Hes a playmaker who can beat defenses down the field or turn a short pass into a long gain.YOUNG GUN: Freshman quarterback Shane Buechele had his first rough game in his first road contest against Cal, getting briefly knocked out of the first half with a rib injury and throwing a key interception that set up a score in the loss. Now he faces a trip to Stillwater and a loud, hostile environment and no Perkins protecting him.AUSSIE RULES FOOTBALL: Texas punter Michael Dicksons fumbled snap and 10-yard punt set up Oklahoma States winning field goal season. The Australian has been nothing short of excellent in 2016. His 50.4-yard average is best in the Big 12.DYNAMIC DUO: Texas running backs DOnta Foreman and Chris Warren III are quite the one-two punch. Foreman has rushed for 288 yards and three touchdowns in just two games. Warren has rushed for 260 yards in three games.---Follow Cliff Brunt on Twitter (at)CliffBruntAP.---AP Sports Writer Jim Vertuno in Austin, Texas, contributed to this report. Authentic Seahawks Jerseys . -- Jimmie Johnson held off a teammate, passed a pair of Hall of Famers, and dominated once more at Dover. Seahawks Jerseys Shop . Both players have lower body injuries that will keep them out of the lineup until at least January 31, which is the first game they can be activated from IR. http://www.cheapseattleseahawksjerseys.com/ . "I dont know that were close," said general manager Alex Anthopoulos. "I just think, right now, the acquisition cost just doesnt work for us right now. I dont know if I can quantify how far off or things like that that they might be but I would say we continue to have dialogue. Seahawks T-shirts . -- Edmontons Val Sweeting is two wins away from a trip to Winnipeg to play in Canadas Road of the Rings in December. Seahawks Jerseys Hoodies . Boucher previously coached the Tampa Bay Lightning and had a 97-78-20 record over two-plus seasons. He was dismissed by the team last March after the Lightning struggled in the lockout-shortened season with a 13-18-1 record. NAPA, Calif. -- Phil Mickelson has now gone three consecutive PGA Tour seasons without a victory, his last title coming at the 2013 British Open at Muirfield. He still has a chance to win before the end of the calendar year by playing his final event this week at the Safeway Open.Thats not to suggest its been a bad year.Mickelson has accrued the most world ranking points of anyone who has yet to win around the world this year. He was a runner-up at Pebble Beach and the St. Jude Classic, though most of his points came from his runner-up finish at the British Open. Mickelson has 196.03 points this year.Paul Casey is next on the list at 186.19 points. The bulk of those came from consecutive runner-up finishes in the Deutsche Bank Championship and BMW Championship during the FedEx Cup playoffs. Casey has gone just more than two years since his last victory in the KLM Open.He was followed by Matt Kuchar (184.91 points), Rafa Cabrera Bello (174.97) and Kevin Chappell (168.34).Casey earned just under $3.9 million this year and plans to play the next three events before taking the rest of the year off, meaning he will sit out the Hero World Challenge (free holiday money) in the Bahamas.It was aggravating to play well enough to win during the FedEx Cup playoffs but lose to great finishes by Rory McIlroy at the TPC Boston and by Dustin Johnson at Crooked Stick. Much like Mickelson, however, Casey isnt about to consider it a bad year just because he doesnt have a trophy to show for it yet.Would he rather contend consistently or just have one week where he sneaks out a victory?I would rather take the latter, what Ive been doing recently, Casey said. Although the win would be nice, I think deep down its more satisfying and theres more gratification playing the golf Ive played recently and not getting a win than sneaking one.---DUSTINS RECORD: The wraparound schedule on the PGA Tour has altered one measure of record keeping.Arnold Palmer and Jack Nicklaus each won at least one tournament in their first 17 years on the PGA Tour. Tiger Woods looked as though he would match or surpass that when he won in each of his 14 years, but that was until he was blanked in 2010, a year after his personal life fell apart.PGA Tour Commissioner Tim Finchem introduced Dustin Johnson as the player of the year on Tuesday by saying Johnson has won at least once in nine consecutive seasons dating to his rookie year. Palmer, Nicklaus and Woods are the only other players since 1950 to do that.But theres one problem.Johnson didnt win in 2014. He took his six-month break in August and missed the rest of the year. Johnson won the HSBC Champions in November 2013 when it was part of the 2013-14 season. And then he next won the Cadillac Championship at Doral in March 2015 as part of the next season (2014-15).Its no less impressive. But its not an apples-to-apples comparison with Palmer, Nicklaus and Woods.---EQUIPMENT TESTING: Paul Casey had two weeks off following the Tour Championship, enough time to ride bikes in Arizona, drink a little wine and test new equipment. Casey has been with Nike for 12 years, and the company announced it was getting out of the club business.He referred to it as scratching the surface.For certain parts of the bag, I think it will be a speedy process, Casey said.He said he was testing new drivers last week, and he also mentioned work on his putting. Casey said those would be relatively easy adjustments if it doesnt require changes to the shaft, for example. He said changing the irons or the golf ball could be a longger process.ddddddddddddThe general feeling with all of us is were still saddened by it and none of us really want to change anything, Casey said. But its inevitable that we will at some stage because as everything evolves, there will be newer stuff from other manufacturers that might be advantageous to lean toward and use.---LPGA ROOKIE: One year after In Gee Chun won the U.S. Womens Open, the South Korean has clinched the points-based award as LPGA Tour rookie of the year.Chun, who captured her second major this year at the Evian Championship, has a 778-point lead over Megan Khang. If it stands over the final six tournaments, it would be the third-largest margin in the rookie race behind Karrie Webb in 1996 and Se Ri Pak in 1998.To play on the LPGA with all the top players in the world has been a dream of mine that I have been working toward, and in 2016 it came true, Chun said. One of my goals at the start of the year was to try and win this award, so to actually achieve it is a tremendous honor.The award is named after the late Louis Suggs.Chun was not a member of the LPGA Tour when she won the Womens Open last year. As an LPGA rookie, she has nine top 10s besides the Evian, and she has risen to No. 3 in the world ranking. She is No. 4 on the LPGA Tour money list with just over $1.4 million.---ROSE OUT: Justin Roses gold medal at the Olympics is even more gratifying considering the level of his health.Rose sat out a month between The Players Championship and the U.S. Open because of a herniated disc. He didnt crack the top 20 in his next four events until showing up in Rio and holding off Henrik Stenson to win the gold.And after playing three straight weeks in the FedEx Cup playoffs, and then going 2-3-0 in the Ryder Cup, hes taking another break to rest his back.Rose said he is taking the next eight weeks off to rest and recovery. He said the crammed schedule didnt allow time to fully recover. That means missing the British Masters this week, along with the final stretch of the Race to Dubai.At this point in my career, it is important to invest in my body, Rose said. And this time off is crucial for me to return to peak performance.---DIVOTS: Ian Poulter is playing under a major medical extension on the PGA Tour from having missed the last four months with a foot injury. He will have 10 starts to earn 218 FedEx Cup points or about $348,000 to keep full status the rest of the year. Poulter is playing this week in the Macau Open, his first time back since he missed the cut at Colonial. ... Jerry Tarde, editor-in-chief of Golf Digest, is the Memorial Golf Journalism honoree for 2017. ... Phil Mickelson has joined The Greenbrier as a tour ambassador. Mickelson plans to buy a home at the West Virginia resort and join the Greenbrier Sporting Club. ... The Symetra Tour is moving its Tour Championship from Daytona Beach, Florida to Alaqua Country Club in Longwood, Florida, because of the damage left behind and cleanup required from Hurricane Matthew. The top 10 on the money list earn LPGA Tour cards. Clariss Guce is No. 10 with a $995 advantage over Laura Gonzalez Escallon at No. 11.---STAT OF THE WEEK: Since the wraparound season began, all three winners of the season-opening PGA Tour event have made it to the Tour Championship.---FINAL WORD: Its hard being Tiger Woods. It really is. Especially if he cant back it up with the semblance of the old Tiger Woods. -- Johnny Miller. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.