1. Hunter-Reay took a turn with the lead as we

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 23.01.2018 07:49
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

FORT WORTH, Texas -- When Gary Patterson coaches his school-record 202nd game for TCU, he can easily put in perspective what that means by looking at Bill Snyder on the other side of the field.Snyder will be going for his 201st win with Kansas State when the two bowl-bound teams play Saturday.I saw what Coach Snyder said on his 200th win, not his 200th game, just a lot of people that have made a lot of sacrifices, Patterson said. The guy sitting in my chair takes a lot of grief but also gets probably too much credit some time for what they did and how they do it.Patterson is already TCUs winningest coach with 149 wins in his 16 seasons, and will break a tie with Dutch Meyer for the most games as head coach when the Horned Frogs (6-5, 4-4 Big 12) face his alma mater. A Kansas native, Patterson played at K-State and was a graduate assistant for the Wildcats before Snyder got there.Kansas State (7-4, 5-3), which plays its 307th game in 25 seasons under Snyder, will finish no worse than a tie for fourth in the Big 12 after being picked eighth in the preseason poll. Snyders 200th victory came last week in a win over instate rival Kansas.It is about possessing the commitment to reach the highest capabilities that you have and improve toward that end as an individual, day in and day out, Snyder said about his team, which has won four of its last five games. When you do that, then collectively you are going to make some progress.Some things to know when Kansas State and TCU play:BOWL DESTINATIONSA trip to the Texas Bowl in Houston to face an SEC team could be next for the winner of Saturdays game. The Texas Bowl gets the fourth pick from available Big 12 teams. The loser is likely headed to the Liberty Bowl to play an SEC team in Memphis or the Cactus Bowl against a Pac-12 team in Phoenix. The Wildcats will be going to a bowl for the seventh season in a row and 19th time under Snyder. TCU will be in a bowl for the 14th time in Pattersons 16 full seasons.RUNNING CATSKansas State has rushed for 924 yards and 14 touchdowns in its last three games, and the Wildcats have five consecutive 200-yard games -- their longest Big 12 streak since 2003. Banged-up quarterback Jesse Ertz is their leading rusher (71 yards per game) and redshirt freshman running back Alex Barnes has back-to-back 100-yard games. If we have the capacity to run the football, then we will do that, Snyder said.RECEIVING RUNNERKyle Hicks can run and catch for TCU. He leads the team with 894 yards rushing and 40 receptions, putting him on pace to be the first TCU player to lead the team in both categories since Basil Mitchell in 1996.SO SIMILARIn Big 12 games this season, Kansas State is averaging 30.6 points a game, and TCU 30.5. On defense, the Wildcats are giving up 27.2 points per game, just less than Pattersons defense allowing 27.9 points per game.UNEXPECTED FINISHWe were picked eighth in the conference and everything that we have accomplished so far was not expected from us, Kansas State junior linebacker Trent Tanking said. We could go from the team that was considered young and inexperienced to the team that can finish strong with eight wins in the regular season. I think having a 6-3 record in a conference would be a great accomplishment.ANOTHER COOL, WET FINALE?TCUs regular-season finale at home last season, a double-overtime win over Baylor, was played in a steady rain with temperatures in the 30s. I was cold, but ... It was awesome, Patterson said. The forecast this week calls for rain, heavy at times, with temperatures in the 40s.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 Red Wings Jerseys China . On Tuesday, Ottawa placed forward Cory Conacher and defenceman Joe Corvo on waivers as trade rumours swirl around the Senators. Cheap Red Wings Jerseys Authentic . The parade and rally were held to celebrate the Saskatchewan Roughriders 45-23 win over the Hamilton Tiger-Cats on Sunday in the CFLs championship game. http://www.wholesaleredwingsjerseys.com/ . With the short-handed Warriors needing help from someone -- anyone -- to stop a three-game skid, ONeal returned from right knee and groin injuries that had sidelined him for four games and put up season highs with 18 points and eight rebounds. It was just enough to help lift Golden State to a 102-101 victory over the New Orleans Pelicans on Tuesday night. Cheap Red Wings Jerseys . -- Sergey Tolchinksy scored his second goal of the game 3:56 into overtime as the Sault Ste. Cheap Red Wings Jerseys For Sale . "Trying to breathe," he said with a grin. Bernier stopped 42 of 43 shots on Monday night, including all 22 in a hectic middle frame, his heroic performance propelling the Leafs toward an undue point in their final game before the Christmas break. DETROIT -- Mike Conway went from watching to winning IndyCar events in a week, less than a year after backing out of an oval race and wondering when hed get another shot. "Amazing," he said. Indeed. The British driver dominated the first of two races at the Detroit Grand Prix, finishing nearly 13 seconds ahead of defending series champion Ryan Hunter-Reay on Saturday. "What a weekend for Conway to show up" Hunter-Reay said. Conways margin of victory set a race record, beating the 12.2-second cushion 1999 winner Dario Franchitti had over Paul Tracy, and making team owner Dale Coyne seem as if hes the smartest guy in the Motor City. Conways only other IndyCar win was at Long Beach in 2011. Coyne picked Conway to drive one of its two cars this weekend -- after Conway helped tend his fathers garden in England during the Indianapolis 500 on Sunday -- and wasted no time offering him another opportunity. "You want to go to Toronto now?" Coyne asked Conway after the race. Yes, he does because the Streets of Toronto race in July suits his road-racing preference. Conway chose not to race in last Septembers season finale at Fontana because hes uncomfortable racing on ovals. He had serious leg and back injuries after a 2010 crash at Indianapolis and wrecked there again in 2012. In his only other IndyCar race since then, he qualified fifth and finished 25th this year at Long Beach for Bobby Rahal. "I knew it would be hard to make something possible for this year," Conway said. The open-wheel series is running a second, full-length race in the same weekend for the first time Sunday when Conway will start up front for the first time in his career. If Conway can finish first again, hell get a $50,000 for the sweep. "You can get a new suit," Coyne cracked. "I can get my name stitched on it," he responded with a grin. Justin Wilson finished third and was thrilled for Conway, his Dale Coyne Racing teammate, for winning just four days after finalizing a deal to race in Detroit. "I think its just a really cool story," Wilson said. Scott Dixon finished fourth and Helio Castroneves was fifth, putting him No. 1 in IndyCar points justt ahead of Hunter-Reay.dddddddddddd Indy 500 champion Tony Kanaan was 13th after starting 19th in the 25-car field. Marco Andretti, who put his famous family atop the standings for the first time in more than a decade earlier in the week, finished 20th and made at least one other driver very angry. Sebastian Saavedra hit a tire barrier on lap 33 after Andretti ran him into a wall. "Its just frustrating to see that Marco keeps doing these dirty moves and as usual nothing is done to him," said Saavedra, who extended his middle fingers toward Andretti when he passed by on his next lap. "Its just a very frustrating day." It was for AJ Allmendinger, too. After it was announced that hes going to run two NASCAR Nationwide road race for Penske Racing, he failed to finish a lap after getting squeezed between Scott Dixon and Wilson. "Its just my fault," he said. "I feel bad." Allmendinger, and the rest of the drivers who didnt win, will have a chance to bounce back in Sundays race on the 2.36-mile Belle Isle street course that held up much better than it did last year. Dixon won last years Detroit Grand Prix marred by pot holes and grooves that stopped the race for a little more than 2 hours and shortened the 90-lap race to 70. To avoid embarrassment and create more opportunities to pass, Roger Penskes Michigan-based company and Chevrolet invested nearly $2 million to improve and reconfigure the track. It looked like money well spent. Drivers had opportunities to make more moves and Conway took advantage right away and pavement stayed in place. "It was much better passing for sure," Hunter-Reay said. "It was a big difference." Conway went around E.J. Viso, who started first, heading into Turn 1 on the opening lap to take his first lead since a race in Edmonton on July 24, 2011. Hunter-Reay took a turn with the lead as well from lap 23 to 43, but couldnt prevent Conway from getting inside of him on lap 44. "I thought I was turning some decent times at the time and he was still under my gearbox at every corner," Hunter-Reay recalled. "It was a good, clean pass. And once he got by me, he was gone." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.