lps, who already has 18 golds and 22 medal

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 03.03.2019 13:49
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

England have secured third place in the Quad Series netball tournament with a convincing 57-44 win over South Africa.With Australia and New Zealand battling for the main trophy, winless England and South Africa went head to head in the first game of the double header at Melbournes Margaret Court Arena.South Africa, who are coached by former Australian mentor Norma Plummer, got off to a promising start and had a two goal lead at quarter-time.But world No.3 England clicked into gear in the second period to build a four goal margin.That blew out to nine points heading into the quarter with veteran English shooter Jo Harten finishing with 38 goals from 42 attempts. Air Max 90 Descuento . -- Aldon Smith believes he is on the path to being sober for good. Air Max 90 Hombre España . - The Oakland Raiders re-signed offensive lineman Khalif Barnes on Friday. http://www.airmax90baratas.es/ . - Blake Griffin had 30 points and 12 rebounds, J. Air Max 90 Comprar Online . The Redskins announced Monday that the quarterback who led the team to the Super Bowl championship in the 1987 season will serve as a personnel executive. Zapatillas Air Max 90 Baratas . Their experience showed Tuesday as the No. 10 Badgers blunted a Saint Louis surge to win 63-57 and advance to face West Virginia in Wednesdays finals of the Cancun Challenge. Ryan Lochte is going to Rio, but Missy Franklin will have to wait another day to see whether she will make her second Olympic team.Lochte, an 11-time Olympic medalist, failed for the second time to seal a spot in an individual event after finishing fourth overall (1:46.62) in Tuesdays 200-meter freestyle final at the U.S. Olympic swimming trials in Omaha, Nebraska, but that finish put him on the 4x200 relay team for Team USA. Lochte, who is swimming with a nagging groin injury, was previously shut out of the 400 individual medley Sunday.Im just happy that Im going to Rio, Lochte said. You can never go in knowing that youre going to make the team, just because the U.S. is one of the hardest countries to make the Olympic team.Townley Hass won the 200 free (1:45.66) to qualify for his first Olympics. He was just a hundredth of a second ahead of Conor Dwyer, who clinched his second individual event for Rio after also taking second in the 400 free.In the second final of the night, Franklin finished seventh overall (1:00.24) in the womens 100 backstroke, missing a chance to defend her 2012 title. She was nearly 2 seconds off her winning time from London.Racing just 23 minutes after qualifying for the final of the 200 free, Franklin, 21, couldnt pull off the grueling double. She finished nearly a body length behind winner Olivia Smoliga (59.02) and runner-up Kathleen Baker (59.29), who will represent the U.S. in what was once Franklins signature event.Its going to be really hard not to be in that [event] this summer, Franklin said. But I cannot wait to watch how Olivia and Kathleen do, and I cant wait to see what theyre capable of.It was a stunning fall for Franklin, although not totally surprising, given her recent performances. She has struggled since turning pro last summer and seems a bit overwhelmed by the enormous expectations she faced going into an Olympic year, knowing everyone -- fans, sponsors, media, fellow athletes -- expected her to burn even brighter after she claimed four golds and a bronze in London while still just a high schooler.I am feeling more pressure than I ever have before, but thats all part of the process ... learning how to deal with it and learning how to move forward, Franklin said. All I can do is the best I can do.She is entered in three more events at the trials: the 100 and 200 freestyle and 200 backstroke.The only swimmer to finish behind Franklin in the 100 backstroke was 12-time gold medalist Natalie Coughlin (1:00.48). Coughlin, 33, probably missed out on her best chance to make the team in an individual event, although she could still qualify in a relay.Another stalwart of the 2012 U.S. team also failed to qualify for Rio.dddddddddddd Matt Grevers, the defending Olympic gold medalist in the mens 100 backstroke, finished third behind Ryan Murphy and David Plummer.Murphy won in 52.26, edging Plummers time of 52.28. Grevers touched in 52.76.It wasnt that tight. They beat me by a half-second, Grevers said. I think Im a little stunned. I think after I let it sink in, Ill be more distraught than I currently am.Yet another Olympic gold medalist, Jessica Hardy, finished sixth in the 100 breaststroke to also miss out on the U.S. team. Lilly King and Katie Meili were 1-2 in the final, extending what has become a definite changing of the guard in Omaha.Ten of the swimmers who claimed likely spots for Rio on Tuesday night will be first-time Olympians. Over the first three days of the trials, that number could be as high as 17, a drastic makeover for the worlds greatest swimming nation.But a couple of the most recognizable names are doing just fine.Katie Ledecky is living up to her staggering expectations, and the most decorated Olympian of them all, Michael Phelps, looked as dominant as ever in his first event of the trials.Ledecky was easily the top qualifier in the semifinals of the 200 free at 1:55.10, more than a second ahead of everyone else, as she looks to add a second event to her Rio schedule. She already won the 400 free, will be an overwhelming favorite in the 800 free and is entered in the 100 free.Franklin was fourth-fastest at 1:57.33, leaving her little chance of knocking off Ledecky but hope that she could at least get the second spot in Wednesdays final to claim an individual spot. A top-six finish probably would be good enough to put her on the team in the 4x200 relay.Right now, I need to make the team in whatever way that looks like, Franklin said, a tinge of desperation in her voice.Then theres Phelps, who already has 18 golds and 22 medals overall and came out of retirement seeking to win a few more before he calls it quits again.He was more than a second ahead of the next-fastest swimmer in the semifinals of the 200 butterfly, powering through the water with ease while his 7-week-old son, Boomer, watched from the stands, his mother covering the infants ears as the crowd roared for his dad.Phelps, whose time was 1:55.17, couldnt help but notice all the newcomers on the U.S. team.I dont even know half of them, he said. Its exciting to have new faces, where people are really pumped to come up in the sport. Thats a good thing to see as Im on my way out.The Associated Press contributed to this report. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.