ilan -- having left Sunday with a dislocated

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 03.03.2019 13:45
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

CHICAGO -- For a wide receiver, Ty Montgomery sure looked like a good running back.Montgomery was just about unstoppable for Green Bay, running for a career-high 162 yards and two touchdowns to help the surging Packers beat the Bears 30-27 in one of the coldest games in Chicago on Sunday.The former receiver broke tackles and outran defenders. At times, it took three or four Bears to bring him down.It all added up to quite an afternoon for Montgomery after coach Mike McCarthy announced during the week that his switch to running back is a full-time move.Some things worked out today, Montgomery said. Im very grateful, but it dont always work out like that. Today Im glad they did.Things worked out in a big way for Montgomery, and they turned out just fine for the Packers (8-6), though they did blow a 17-point lead in the fourth quarter.Green Bay pulled it out after Chicagos Connor Barth kicked a tying field goal in the in the closing minutes, when Mason Crosby booted a 32-yarder as time expired following a 60-yard pass from Aaron Rodgers to Jordy Nelson.But for most of a frigid afternoon, with the game temperature at 11 degrees and the wind chill at minus-4, Montgomery was stealing the spotlight and leading the way as the Packers racked up 226 yards on the ground.I dont think we expected to run for over 200 yards, Rodgers said. I think we have confidence in Ty. We want to get him a number of touches. But this was definitely unexpected in the best way possible.McCarthy certainly liked what he saw.He is 250 pounds and he is a beast, McCarthy said. Breaks tackles, but has a second gear to get going to get to work on a second level. He is outstanding in the backfield. You always look for bigger backs as it is my preference and you want them to be three-down players.Montgomery is checking those boxes and solidifying himself at the position, after a switch made partly out of necessity because of Eddie Lacys season-ending ankle injury in Week 5.A second-year pro, his previous career high was 60 yards in a win over the Bears at Lambeau Field on Oct. 20, and with one huge run, he surpassed that Sunday.He broke off a 61-yard run early in the second quarter, spinning out of a tackle by John Timu and running by Pernell McPhee and Adrian Amos as he burst up the left side.Montgomery was just getting started.He also burst through the line for a 36-yard run before being dragged down by three or four defenders, leading to a field goal late in the second quarter.In the third, Montgomery was at it again.He came through with a 26-yard run that put the ball on the 2 and ran it in from the 3 for his second touchdown, spinning across the goal line to give Green Bay a 20-10 lead.Thats just what we are coached to do, Montgomery said. Thats how (I) was raised as a kid. Its just ingrained in me. To be honest, the O-line did a great job, creating seams, the perimeter guys, the wideouts and tight ends did a good job of blocking the secondary to get us big runs.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Nike Clearance Sale . "No difference at all," chirped U.S. roommate and linemate James van Riemsdyk. "Its still the same cranky Phil. Cheap Nike Shoes China . Soukalova missed only one target and completed the 15-kilometre course in 40 minutes, 32.6 seconds for both victories in this seasons individual discipline. Darya Domracheva of Belarus was second, 34. http://www.clearancenikeshoes.com/ . -- Jimmie Johnson held off a teammate, passed a pair of Hall of Famers, and dominated once more at Dover. Cheap Nike Shoes Free Shipping . Numbers Game examines the deal that sees Michael Del Zotto and Kevin Klein switch places. The Predators Get: D Michael Del Zotto. Wholesale Nike Shoes . The formidable trio of Canadian receivers -- individually known as Chris Getzlaf, Rob Bagg and Andy Fantuz -- will share the field at Mosaic Stadium one more time on Sunday.FORTALEZA, Brazil -- Mario Balotelli was sent home from the Confederations Cup on Monday due to a strained thigh, leaving Italy without its top striker for both the semifinal vs. Spain and the final or third-place match. Having already been ruled out of Thursdays semifinal, Italy coach Cesare Prandelli decided to send Balotelli home after consulting with team physician Enrico Castellacci. "I feel like a loser leaving this way. I would have liked to stay but theres the Champions League preliminary round so Ive got to take care of myself," Balotelli said upon leaving the team hotel, referring to matches in August with AC Milan. "Anyhow my teammates will do well even without me." Balotelli injured his left quadriceps during Italys 4-2 loss to Brazil on Saturday. He has been the Azzurris most explosive player in the tournament so far, scoring the winner in a 2-1 victory over Mexico, converting a penalty in the 4-3 win over Japan and setting up a goal for Emanuele Giaccherini against Brazil. "Hes obviously very upset but theres just not enough time for him to return," Prandelli said, adding that the decision was made without any pressure from Milan. "We just used good sense." Castellacci said that Milans medical staff will take over treatment. "I checked out Balotellli this morning and, considering his condition, I dont think he will be able to recuperate before the final," Castellacci said.dddddddddddd "Its not worth taking more risks." Balotelli is the second Italy player sent home since the Brazil match, with fullback Ignazio Abate -- who also plays for Milan -- having left Sunday with a dislocated right shoulder. Meanwhile, midfielder Andrea Pirlo, who sat out Saturdays match with Brazil due to a muscle problem, continued to train separately from the rest of the squad. "Pirlo continues to work out and were optimistic but we need to evaluate him day by day and we wont decide whether he can play until the last minute," Castellacci said. In a bit of positive news, midfielder Riccardo Montolivo has fully recuperated from a knock to the head and trained regularly Monday. Alberto Gilardino would seem to be Balotellis logical replacement if Prandelli sticks with his single-striker lineup. Or he could use several forwards such as Emanuele Giaccherini, Stephan El Shaarawy, Sebastian Giovinco, Alessio Cerci or Alessandro Diamanti. "Without Mario well have to work much more collectively so well work more on that," Prandelli said. "We have a few problems but the squad is responding well despite the difficulties." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.