hit the ball well today, but I hung in the

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 28.02.2019 13:40
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

AUSTIN, Texas -- For acting head coach Jim Grobe, to some extent the real season for No. 8 Baylor is about to begin.The Bears are 6-0 for the fourth consecutive year and have played exactly one team -- Oklahoma State -- with a winning record. From here, their path to a coveted playoff spot includes a finishing stretch with games at No. 16 Oklahoma and No. 10 West Virginia. But first comes Saturdays visit to Texas.I think we have a fresh, healthy team, Grobe said. Were getting ready to go through the gauntlet.Texas (3-4, 1/3 Big 12) has lost four of its last five games, prompting speculation about third-year coach Charlie Strongs future with the Longhorns. Strong, asked whether he has received support from his bosses, said: We do have support within this program. We have to play better. Its all about us doing a better job of coaching. Its about our players playing a lot better.Texas is particularly inept on defense. The Longhorns rank 94th in yards allowed and 126th in passing efficiency defense. They further hurt themselves with lapses on special teams and by scoring just three points off nine turnovers by opponents. Texas failed to score after an interception and fumble recovery in the fourth quarter during a 24-21 loss at Kansas State last week.They tried to give us the game, Strong said.Some things to look for when the Bears and Longhorns kickoff on Saturday:BUDDING RIVALRY?Texas won 12 straight against Baylor from 1998-2009. Baylor has won four of the last six but lost 23-17 in Waco last season while using its fourth-string quarterback -- a converted wide receiver -- for the final three quarters because of injuries. Texas competed without several injured players as well. A melee broke out during the first quarter among two teams that have a developing rivalry. Texas added four freshman recruits who were released by Baylor after the schools sexual assault scandal.Honestly, Ill say its been building, Texas offensive lineman Kent Perkins said.Baylor quarterback Seth Russell does not expect a warm reception in Austin.Every away game is going to be a hostile environment just because you have fans who dont want you to win, Russell said. Weve got to block that out, and weve done a good job of that so far. With it being the Texas game, being a rivalry game, were expecting it to be a little more intense than the other games.YOUNG STAROne of the four freshmen who bolted Baylor for Texas, wide receiver Devin Duvernay, has caught touchdowns covering 63, 75 and 80 yards in the last three games.PERFECT DOWN STRETCHBaylor is the only FBS team that has not allowed a point in the fourth quarter this season. Overall, the Bears rank 11th in scoring defense, allowing 17.2 points a game.STENGTH OF SCHEDULE?Strong is 14-18 during his three seasons at Texas, including 10-12 in Big 12 games. The Longhorns three victories this season were against opponents -- Notre Dame, UTEP and Iowa State -- with a combined 5-16 record. Baylors six opponents have a combined 12-30 record and four of them have won only once this season.A BRIGHT SPOTTexas junior running back DOnta Foreman ranks third nationally with 142.5 rushing yards per game. Foreman has reached 100 yards in eight straight games, a streak that ranks second in Longhorn history to Earl Campbells 11 in a row.---AP College Football website: www.collegefootball.ap.org Cheap Giants Jerseys China . There are surprises among the Vezina candidates, but most of the others are standard top-tier performers, even if the two Hart Trophy runners-ups have never been quite as good as they have been through the first half of the season. Jeff Samardzija Jersey . After slipping from the summit during the week, the Gunners overcame struggling Crystal Palace 2-0 on Sunday thanks to Alex Oxlade-Chamberlains second-half brace. http://www.cheapsanfranciscogiantsjerseys.com/?tag=cheap-deion-sanders-jersey . Fred Couples, captain of the U.S. side, put it all into perspective. "We know whos in charge," he said. Derek Holland Jersey . -- Jonathan Drouin gave Halifax the boost it needed to edge host Sherbrooke Phoenix 3-2 in a shootout in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. Pablo Sandoval Jersey . Miller reached right to deflect Mikhail Grabovskis attempt with just over 2 minutes remaining in regulation, and then made two more saves in the shootout Sunday to give the Sabres a 2-1 win over the Washington Capitals. DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- Jaye Marie Green shot a 2-under 70 on Saturday on the Hills Course to take a two-stroke lead into the final round of the LPGA Tour qualifying tournament.The top 20 will earn full cards, and the next 25 and ties will get conditional status.Green had a 15-under 273 total at LPGA International.This will certainly remove some stress that this whole week brings, Green said. I feel confident. I didnt hit the ball well today, but I hung in there.Icelands Olafia Kristinsdottir was second after a 68 on the Jones Course. The former Wake Forest player is trying to become the first player from Iceland to play in the LPGA Tour.This morning, I was noot feeling so great on the range because I had something in my back, so I was just trying to take it easy a little, Kristinsdottir said.dddddddddddd It ended up being fine. I only hit two crooked shots today because of my back. Everything else was fine, I tried to have good rhythm and my putter was smoking hot.Sadena Parks was third at 12 under after a 68 on the Hills Course.Third-round leader Nasa Hataoka had a 75 on the Hills Course to drop to fourth at 10 under. The 17-year-old Japanese player won a Japan LPGA major in October. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.