job, so thats really too bad.Given that the B

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 28.02.2019 13:34
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

Yorkshire 282 (Hodd 96*, Rafiq 74, Mullaney 3-54, Hutton 3-67) and 263 for 4 dec (Ballance 101*) beat Nottinghamshire 94 (Bresnan 3-15, Sidebottom 3-21, Brooks 3-41) and 146 (Bresnan 5-36, Brooks 4-35) by 305 runsScorecardNo one is mithering about Yorkshire enforcing the follow-on now. The remnants of those discussions were stilled 40 minutes into this final day of the 130th Scarborough Festival when Chris Read, so often the epitome of Nottinghamshires resistance, edged his third ball to Jake Lehmann at fourth slip and plodded off North Marine Road with his team six wickets down and needing to bat out another 86 overs for the draw.Recoveries from such positions prompt the writing of slim pamphlets and the composition of raucous songs. For all that Brendan Taylor and Brett Hutton survived for eighty minutes until lunch there was rarely any indication that Reads cricketers now have it in them to mount such wondrous revivals. The expressions on the faces of the players outside the away changing room after their eventual 305-run defeat said as much.There was angry impotence verging on the emotional emptiness of the truly beaten. Having reduced Yorkshire to 51 for 6 on the first day, Nottinghamshires bowlers had facilitated the home sides recovery and their batsmen had then lost 20 wickets in 94.4 overs. The last four of these had tumbled in 19 balls after lunch, three of them to Jack Brooks. The first, though, had been taken by Ryan Sidebottom, who had Hutton caught by Andy Hodd for 20. Next over Taylor slapped Brooks to Alex Lees at cover and the slow loop of the ball was almost mournful. It was time to pack the picnic away. Ten minutes later there were high fives and high jinks in the home dressing room. Yorkshire will return to Headingley for Sundays Royal London One-Day Cup semi-final buoyed by the fizz of victory. They will not be weary as Nottinghamshires players may be when they go to Chester-le-Street next week. Instead they will travel down to Southampton for their next four-day game a mere five points behind Middlesex and with the prospect of taking on the current leaders in the last match of the season looking ever more delicious.They will feel vindicated, too. Bloody vindicated, probably. Are you going to ask me about the follow-on? said their coach, Jason Gillespie, at the opening of his post-match press conference. People had a pop at us but it was the right call. We stick by what we believe is the best opportunity to win a game of cricket.And so they should, of course. As will those who believe that Yorkshire had a good opportunity to complete a two-day win at Scarborough. Had they taken that opportunity, there may have been no need for officials to arrange for Headingleys Blotter to be transported to North Marine Road early on Friday morning and put to work mopping up the drenched outfield. I think it did bugger all, said Gillespie.Yet it still seemed faintly miraculous that cricket could be played on the final morning of this game. On Thursday evening thick mist had coiled itself around the town like a cat, hugging each streetlight and soaking every surface. Then, from around ten oclock until deep into the early hours, rain fell in pitiless rods on deserted streets, as if passing judgement on something.By 11 oclock in the morning, though, the air was sea-scented and the ground was fit for play. So fit, perhaps, that according to most timekeepers we began three minutes early and Tom Moores suffered the curious indignity of being caught by Adam Lyth off Tim Bresnan a minute before play was due to begin. Bresnan then had Samit Patel caught behind for five, although the batsman cast a couple of glances back at the umpires before dudgeoning off to the pavilion.Bresnan finished the innings with 5 for 36 in the innings and 8 for 51 in the match. Both are career-best performances and they come from a cricketer who is so often at the heart of his teams most rambunctious triumphs. Bresnan, at least, will be up for the next challenge whereas Nottinghamshires players will most probably face some bleak truths in September. Relegation brings financial consequences and it changes lives. Crickets poets need to remember that. New Balance Shoes Outlet . Inter president Erick Thohir says in a club statement on Wednesday that Vidic is "one of the worlds best defenders and his qualities, international pedigree, and charisma will be an asset. Cheap New Balance 574 . Vokoun departed practice on Saturday morning after discovering swelling in his thigh. He was taken to a local hospital where the clot was revealed. The club announced the surgery following a 5-3 exhibition loss to the Columbus Blue Jackets. http://www.wholesalenewbalance.com/ . Just as Montreal was settling into the first full working week of a new year, the Impact announced the appointment of their new head coach. Clearance New Balance Shoes . Capitals head coach Adam Oates said Ovechkin was injured in the first period against the Vancouver Canucks on Monday and clarified it was not a head injury. Authentic New Balance Store . MORITZ, Switzerland -- Fog prevented downhill racers from getting their Olympic dress rehearsal. ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Trevor Siemian will start at quarterback in the Denver Broncos third preseason game Saturday night against the Los Angeles Rams.While that doesnt yet mean that Siemian will be the teams starter when the Broncos open the season Sept. 8 against the Carolina Panthers, he will get the last best look with the starters before coach Gary Kubiak makes the call.Trevor will start the game this week, Kubiak said Monday. Theyre all going to play, and the biggest thing I have to take a look at, too, is how Im going to play our starters as far as how I get the rotation going. ... Its down to the nitty-gritty here. ... Im going to make a decision next week, and were going to go to work.Kubiak didnt say whether?Mark Sanchez or rookie Paxton Lynch would follow Siemian into the lineup against the Rams on Saturday, but he added he was still considering how long the starters would play in the game. In the past, Broncos starters have played into the third quarter of the third preseason game.It would be significant if Lynch was the second quarterback into the game against the Rams. It is expected that Kubiak will give the exact order after Siemian later in the week.Siemian was also getting treatment on his right shoulder Monday after falling hard trying to tackle San Francisco 49ers safety Eric Reid, who returned an interception 44 yards for a touchdown this past weekend. That throw, as it turned out, was Siemians only mistake, as he finished 10-of-14 for 75 yards and was 10-of-11 passing at one point.Siemian also led the offense on a 10-play, 86-yard touchdown drive to open the game. His body of work was enough for Kubiak to give Siemian the start.I think Trevor did a good job the other night. Obviously he has one play hed like to have back, or it probably would, it would have, been as good as it could be, Kubiak said. So, Im going to go back and give him a chance to do that again.After thhe game, Siemian was composed and said of the interception: I just cant turn the ball over, I made a bad decision.dddddddddddd I want that one back. That one bad play, unfortunately you cant have one bad play.As he did following the game, Kubiak reaffirmed Monday that while Siemian has to protect the ball better, Kubiak said of his play call, Hell, man, that wasnt a very good call.Sanchez was 10-of-17 for 120 yards with two lost fumbles -- both in a four-play span just before halftime. Sanchez was emotional after the game, saying that he had squandered the opportunity to win the starting job.Going into my eighth year I know better, I know Ive got to get the ball out, Sanchez said after the game. I know I can play this game and I know Im better than I showed. Two really bad plays that took away from a great performance and potentially winning a job, so thats really too bad.Given that the Broncos open the regular season on a Thursday night, at least three days before the other games, Kubiak said he wants to name the regular-season starter next week.The Broncos close out the preseason Sept. 1 in Arizona. When asked whether he envisioned a scenario in which all three of the quarterbacks would be forced to play in that game, Kubiak said I dont envision that, which suggests that whoever is named the starter for the season likely would sit that one out.Kubiak also added Monday that he had planned for the possibility that the competition behind center could go this deep into the preseason.I expected it, I expected it, Kubiak said. Weve got three quarterbacks, two of which werent on this team this year, and one ... who has one regular-season snap. I knew this was going to take some time, and I think to a credit to them and how well theyve battled and pushed each other. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.