- knock on wood," Williams said. "I feel great -- never felt

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 28.02.2019 13:31
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

DENVER -- In a story Nov. 11 about the game between the Golden State Warriors and Denver Nuggets, The Associated Press erroneously reported the Nuggets beat the Detroit Pistons 108-86 last Saturday. The Pistons beat the Nuggets 103-86.A corrected version is below:Curry leads Warriors to 125-101 rout of NuggetsStephen Curry scored 33 points Thursday and the Golden State Warriors beat the Denver Nuggets 125-101 on a night Kevin Durants string of 72 straight regular-season games with at least 20 points endedBy PAT GRAHAMAP Sports WriterKevin Durant needed just one more basket to keep an impressive scoring streak going and more than 5 minutes to get it.His coach, though, didnt want to risk injury. Not in a blowout. Not in game No. 9 of the season.Like that, another astonishing streak snapped.Stephen Curry scored 33 points Thursday and the Golden State Warriors beat the Denver Nuggets 125-101 on a night Durants string of 72 straight regular-season games with at least 20 points ended.Durant finished with 18 points. He remained tied with Michael Jordan for the fourth-longest streak of 20 or more points in league history.It was cool while it lasted, said Durant, whose streak began on Nov. 23, 2015, while with Oklahoma City. Up there with some great names. But Ive got bigger goals in mind.A week ago, Curry had his league-record streak of 157 games with at least one 3-pointer ended.None of it matters and our guys know that, Warriors coach Steve Kerr explained. Its about winning.Hence, an early end to his night. Durant stayed in the game, trying to get to the magic number of 20, until 5:51 remaining. He was subbed out after being called for an offensive foul.Im not going to mess with the basketball gods. If you want to leave a guy out there to get some kind of record, youre asking for an injury, Kerr explained. The game called for him to come out. He came out. He had no problem with it. I think theres going to be a lot of that stuff this year.Curry tweaked his ankle in a win over Dallas on Wednesday, but it didnt appear to hamper him against the Nuggets. He finished 7 of 13 from 3-point range, including one that he turned into a four-point play. That shot even impressed him as he lay on the ground and celebrated.One of those you dont expect to go in, Curry said. But that was a terrible celebration.So torrid was his touch that Curry even launched one from just inside half-court. He missed it, but the crowd erupted.Honestly, it was a dumb shot, Curry said.Then again, he did have Draymond Green egging him on.Its like the demon-angel on your shoulder -- which one are you going to listen to? Curry said. It wouldve been fun to make it.Rookie Jamal Murray had 14 points for the Nuggets, who are 0-2 at Pepsi Center this season after stressing the importance of regaining a home-court advantage. Fellow rookie Malik Beasley scored his first NBA points on a 3-pointer in the third quarter. He finished with 12 points.If that wasnt enough, the third rookie of the group, Juan Hernangomez, chipped in 11.There were some positives at the end, Nuggets coach Michael Malone said. But you tip your hat. We got our (rears) kicked tonight. We have to regroup.TIP-INSWarriors: Golden State went on a 17-2 run in the first quarter and never looked back. ... The Warriors led by as many as 31 points in the third. ... Rookie Damian Jones (right pectoral surgery) is scheduled to join Santa Cruz of the NBA Development League on Nov. 20. ... C Zaza Pachulia played in his 900th career game.Nuggets: Wilson Chandler (left hamstring), Darrell Arthur (left knee) and Will Barton (left ankle) didnt play. ... Denver starts 0-2 at home for the third time in four seasons.PROTESTDenver filed a protest with the NBA over a disputed call in the final second of a 108-107 loss in Memphis on Tuesday. The ball appeared to go off a Grizzlies player with 0.7 seconds remaining, but the ruling on the floor and video review awarded possession to Memphis. Marc Gasol hit the game-winning shot on a tip-in.Best-case scenario would be to replay the last seven-tenths, Malone said.The odds of that happening, though, are slim and none, Malone said.ATHLETE SIGHTINGSThere were quite a few Denver Broncos in attendance, including pass rushers Von Miller and DeMarcus Ware, along with receiver Demaryius Thomas and cornerback Chris Harris Jr. The Colorado Avalanche were represented by forward Nathan MacKinnon and defenseman Tyson Barrie.UP NEXTWarriors: Going for their ninth straight win over Phoenix on Sunday. The Warriors havent lost to the Suns since Nov. 9, 2014.Nuggets: Host Detroit on Saturday. Lost to the Pistons 103-86 last Saturday. Discount Ecco Shoes . Bjorn, who had a 36-hole total of 8-under 134, made a testing six-foot putt to save par on the 16th and a birdie on the 17th before bogeying the final hole after a misjudged approach shot. American Kevin Streelman was in second place after shooting a 69. Ecco Shoes For Sale . Woodson said during a radio interview Thursday that the Knicks Carmelo Anthony doesnt get the same calls as other superstars. http://www.eccocheap.com/ . Francis told several hundred members of the European Olympic Committees that when sport "is considered only in economic terms and consequently for victory at every cost . Wholesale Ecco Shoes Free Shipping . Andrew Luck lost his favourite target and the Indianapolis locker room lost one of its most revered leaders when Reggie Wayne was diagnosed Monday with a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee that will cost him the rest of the season. Cheap Ecco Shoes Outlet . - Levi Browns tenure at left tackle for the Pittsburgh Steelers is over before it even began. ROME -- Novak Djokovic cant seem to find any consistency on clay courts. And with the French Open less than 10 days away, he will enter Roland Garros on the back of two early defeats. The top-ranked Serb wasted a chance to serve out the match and was beaten 2-6, 7-5, 6-4 by sixth-seeded Tomas Berdych in the Italian Open quarterfinals Friday. In the semifinals, Berdych will face six-time Rome champion Rafael Nadal, who defeated fellow Spaniard David Ferrer 6-4, 4-6, 6-2. While he struggled at times, Nadal appeared sharper than in his three-set win over Latvian qualifier Ernests Gulbis a day earlier. In the other half of the draw, Roger Federer overcame an early break in the second set to edge rising Polish player Jerzy Janowicz 6-4, 7-6 (2) in a night match at the Foro Italico. Attempting to win this tournament for the first time, Federers next opponent will be Benoit Paire. The 36th-ranked Frenchman routed Marcel Granollers of Spain 6-1, 6-0 to reach his first Masters series semifinal. In the womens tournament, top-ranked Serena Williams rolled past Spanish opponent Carla Suarez Navarro 6-2, 6-0 to extend her winning run to a career-best 22 matches. Williams will next face Romanian qualifier Simona Halep, who rallied past two-time Rome champion Jelena Jankovic 4-6, 6-0, 7-5. Meanwhile, two-time defending champion Maria Sharapova withdrew before her quarterfinal against seventh-seeded Sara Errani due to illness. Errani, the first Italian semifinalist in this tournament since Raffaella Reggi won the 1985 event in Taranto, will face third-seeded Victoria Azarenka, who held off ninth-seeded Sam Stosur 6-4, 1-6, 6-3. Its the second consecutive week that Djokovic has struggled, having also lost to Grigor Dimitrov in the second round of the Madrid Open after being bothered by a right ankle injury. Djokovic said he had been playing pain free this week. Still, he will need to get his game in shape in a hurry with the French Open, the years second Grand Slam, starting May 26. "I know I can play well on clay and so I shouldnt allow myself to have these drops, and lets hope it wont happen for Roland Garros," Djokovic said of the only major he hasnt won. "Im fine. I just lost my rhythm." Djokovic served for the match at 5-3 in the second set, but Berdych ripped a backhand winner that landed on the line on his first break point and won the final four games of the set. "Its a very strange situation," Djokovic said. "I played very well and was two points from winning. Then the entire match changed and I was a different player." Its the first time Berdych has reacheed the semifinals in eight appearances in Rome, having been eliminated four times in the quarters.dddddddddddd The tall Czech took control of the match with his big first serve, and by coming forward to angle shots into the corners to set up easy volleys. Djokovic had trouble returning Berdychs first serve and also complained about the courts surface early on. In the third set, Berdych went ahead with an early break and then shook off some nerves to close the match out on his fourth match point with a big serve out wide that Djokovic could barely get his racket on. As overcast skies gave way to sunshine, the court dried out, favouring Berdychs power game. "I lost the concentration," Djokovic said. "I started playing more defensively. ... He started playing more confidently, stepping into the court and taking advantage of his opportunities." It was only Berdychs second win in 15 career meetings with Djokovic, with his only previous victory coming in the 2010 Wimbledon semifinals. It was also only Berdychs fourth win versus a top-ranked player in 20 attempts, with all three previous wins coming against Federer. "He has been for quite a few years just behind the top four," Djokovic said. "Hes able to play big matches. He has proven that. So (he) is definitely a very dangerous player on any surface with a serve like that." Djokovic was 148-4 when winning the first set since 2011, according to the ATP. Williams had twice won 21 in a row before, although both of those runs came a decade ago, in 2002 and 2003. "Ive been pretty consistent, and pretty healthy -- knock on wood," Williams said. "I feel great -- never felt better." Martina Navratilova established the longest womens win run in the Open Era at 74 matches in 1984. Williams only title here came in 2002, when she beat Justine Henin in the final. That was also the year she won her only French Open title. Last year in Paris, Williams lost in the opening round of a major for the first time, falling to 111th-ranked Virginie Razzano of France. Sharapova said he was struggling with an illness she first contracted last week, when she was runner-up to Williams in Madrid, although she showed no problems Thursday as she beat 16th-seeded Sloane Stephens 6-2, 6-1. "I was already a bit off in Madrid and played though it and it came back last night and I got sick again and its not smart to compete again," said Sharapova, adding that she had a fever after beating Stephens. "Obviously with the French Open coming up it is important to make smart decisions." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.