www.sandiegochargersteamonline.com

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 23.02.2019 02:25
von hongwei28 • Gaser Lehrling I | 59 Beiträge

The Oakland Raiders got the ball to start the game and on a passing play that netted them a 1st down Youth Tyrell Williams Jersey , Denzel Perryman suffered a leg injury that appeared quite bad. The defense then stiffened and forced a 4th & 4. Unfortunately, a fake punt went for 42 yards and kept the drive going. Finally, though, the defense held strong and made a stop on 4th & goal from the 1-yard line.The offense led by Philip Rivers took the field and quickly exited after a three-and-out. With that great field position, the Raiders managed to move into field goal range and Daniel Carlson converted the attempt from 43 yards out.The offense again went three-and-out and punted the ball away. The Raiders offense looked good again with big runs by Doug Martin, but then Melvin Ingram made his presence felt. With a spin move back to the inside of Kelechi Osemele, Ingram blew up Derek Carr and forced a fumble that Corey Liuget recovered.The Chargers took the field again and Tyrell Williams provided their first 1st down of the game. A few plays later, Michael Badgley came on to attempt his first field goal as the team’s full time kicker and was good from 27 yards.The Raiders “responded” by going three-and-out and punted the ball away. An eight-play drive featuring a 31-yard reception by Tyrell Williams eventually ended in a gorgeous 11-yard touchdown reception by Keenan Allen in the front corner of the end zone.After the half, the Chargers received as the kick off and wasted very little time before scoring. Melvin Gordon took a short swing pass to the left side of the field 66 yards for a touchdown. It was a flawless play by Gordon as he made two men miss in the open field as he raced for the end zone.The Raiders’ next drive initially appeared to have some life, but big tackle forloss by Kyle Emmaneul and a sack by Isaac Rochelle put to rest that idea and the Raiders punting unit returned to the field.A Melvin Gordon run and reception put the Chargers offense in 3rd & manageable at which point Rivers threw a logic-defying jump ball deep to Allen. The pass was not even a 50/50 ball as it was underthrown and Marcus Gilchrist of all people came down with the interception. The “arm punt” by Rivers at least netted 42 yards.Martavis Bryant kicked off the next drive with an offensive pass interference penalty that put the Raiders well behind the sticks. Jalen Richard got 9 of it back on the next play, but ultimately the Chargers defense was able to hold and forced another three-and-out.Virgil Green chipped in with a rare reception as he got open up the seam for a big gain. Green wasn’t done as he was the lead blocker on the subsequent run by Gordon that went for 6 yards. An absolutely brutal drop by Tyrell Williams on 3rd & 2 ended the drive and brought on the punting unit.A 9-play, 69-yard drive by the Raiders 23 and 31-yard passes by Carr eventually ended in a Daniel Carlson field goal Womens Austin Ekeler Jersey , but the drive should have ended a play earlier in a pick-six by Casey Hayward who dropped a gift interception.The following drive finally got Austin Ekeler on the field and he responded. His first carry went for 9 yards. His second went 42 yards to the house but was brought back thanks to a hold away from the play by Russell Okung. Johnathan Hankins gave the Chargers a gift with a boneheaded roughing the passer penalty on a sack of Rivers. Keenan Allen kept the drive going with a nice 18-yard reception. Michael Badgley eventually capped off the drive with a 41-yard field goal.With time winding down, the Chargers defense seemed content to let the Raiders complete passes underneath to run clock. As the Raiders got into the red zone, an Uchenna Nwosu sack put them in 3rd & 17. Richard managed to pick up a little over half the needed yards to set up a somewhat more manageable 4th down try. On 4th & 5 with 4:13 left in the game, quick pressure forced Carr to throw the ball into the ground and resulted in a turnover on downs.Taking over needing to run just over 4 minutes off the clock to win, the Chargers nearly proved themselves up to the task as they were able to get it down to 74 seconds left before having to punt the ball away largely thanks to a penalty by Okung.The Raiders offense got the ball back with 67 seconds left needing 14 points to tie. Unsurprisingly, they were unable tocomplete that comeback. Chargers move to 7-2. The Kansas City Chiefs headed into training camp in late July content with a pair of veterans in Daniel Sorensen and Eric Berry as their starting safeties.Now, there's a good chance neither will start in their season opener Sunday.Sorensen broke a bone in his lower leg during training camp and had surgery about a month ago, and is starting the season on injured reserve. Berry has been dealing with a heel injury that not only kept him out most of training camp but sidelined him during practice on Wednesday.The exact nature of his injury hasn't been disclosed, but Chiefs trainer Rick Burkholder put a positive spin on it Wednesday by saying the five-time Pro Bowl selection is "getting better every day.""We'll see if he can practice and we'll just go from there," Chiefs coach Andy Reid said. "I want to see what he's got, if and when he does that. But then I'll make the decision, what I see there."Berry may be the only player on the entire Chiefs roster who could conceivably play without having practiced in a month. But even for him Youth Brandon Mebane Jersey , Reid conceded, that would be asking a bit much, especially with the season opener coming on the road against Philip Rivers and the Los Angeles Chargers."If he doesn't practice today, which he's not, we go with the next man up and they roll. That's how we go," Reid said. "We're used to that here, just philosophically, at all positions."So instead of having a pair of veteran starters in Sorensen and Berry, the Chiefs are poised to start Ron Parker — who was cut by the Falcons last week and re-signed with Kansas City over the weekend — and either Eric Murray or fourth-round draft pick Armani Watts.Parker spent the past four seasons with the Chiefs before signing with Atlanta as a free agent, so he's at least familiar with defensive coordinator Bob Sutton's scheme. But he admitted it's a challenge to get up to speed in such a compressed timeframe for a division rival."I'm just preparing myself like I do any other time. Whatever the coaches ask, whatever they need," he said. "I feel like especially being in Bob's system and knowing what's going on Womens Michael Schofield Jersey , that's going to maximize my abilities. That's the good thing coming back to Kansas City."Parker played well his first three seasons with the Chiefs but appeared to take a step back last year, and that's part of why he was released. He said a high ankle injury sustained in training camp played a part in that, and that he's glad to begin a season healthy again.He just hopes it will be with Berry by his side."I've been playing with Eric," Parker said, "so I can just look over there and I don't have to say a thing. We know what each other is doing. With the other guys, we have to communicate with each other, of course. But everything is coming together."Murray has appeared in 30 games over his first two seasons, starting twice, so he at least lends a bit of experience to the defensive backfield. Watts showed flashes in the preseason — he picked off two passes in the finale against Green Bay — but hasn't been in the regular-season fire.It speaks volumes that Parker, who just rejoined the team, already has been peppered with questions by the rest of the young guys in the defensive backs room."It's difficult," he said Authentic Keenan Allen Jersey , "but the trust those guys have in me, and the trust I have in those guys, everything will take care of itself. We'll handle our business."NOTES: WR Byron Pringle, who hurt his hamstring in the Chiefs' preseason finale and was put on IR, had an MRI exam that also revealed a hernia. Burkholder said the rookie underwent surgery Tuesday. "He has an extended recovery ahead of him, and in the meantime the hamstring will heal," Burkholder said. ... Burkholder said Sorensen continues to do rehab work in the pool, but it will be a couple more weeks before the Chiefs have a timetable for his return. "He's where he's supposed to be right now," Burkholder said. Custom Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jerseys

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.