ort disclosed new details about the a

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 22.02.2019 12:46
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

LIVERPOOL, England -- Luis Suarez on Tuesday accused Liverpool of breaking an agreement in his contract by refusing to let him leave Anfield, saying he had been promised permission to join another club if the Reds failed to reach the Champions League. In his first public comments since Arsenal made a 40-million pound bid for the Uruguay striker, Suarez told British newspaper The Guardian on Tuesday that he is ready to take his case to the Premier League, and called on Liverpool to "honour our agreement." "Last year I had the opportunity to move to a big European club and I stayed on the understanding that if we failed to qualify for the Champions League the following season Id be allowed to go," Suarez was quoted as saying. "I gave absolutely everything last season but it was not enough to give us a top-four finish - now all I want is for Liverpool to honour our agreement." The comments will increase the pressure on Liverpool to reach a deal for the disgruntled player, and will likely boost Arsenals hopes of signing the kind of top-class attacking talent the club has been going after this off-season. "They gave me their word a year ago and now I want them to honour that," Suarez said. "And it is not just something verbal with the coach but something that is written in the contract. Im not going to another club to hurt Liverpool." Suarez was left out of Liverpools squad for a preseason match in Norway because of a foot injury, and his comments were published hours later on the Guardians website. Arsenal reportedly made the 40-million pound believing it triggered a release clause in Suarezs contract, but Anfield officials have maintained that they are under no obligation to sell the player, and that his value is much higher. Suarez accused Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers of going back on his promise by stating in public that he was planning for Suarez to stay at the club. "I spoke with Brendan Rodgers several times and he told me: Stay another season, and you have my word if we dont make it then I will personally make sure that you can leave," Suarez said. "I just want them to abide by the promises made last season." Suarez has scored 51 goals in 96 games for Liverpool and was one of the best players in the league over the last two seasons. But his stint at Anfield has been marked by controversy, including a ban for racially abusing Manchester United defender Patrice Evra and another lengthy suspension for biting Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic toward the end of the last campaign. "Im 26. I need to be playing in the Champions League," Suarez said. "I have to put my career first. People say Liverpool deserve more from me but I have scored 50 goals in less than 100 games and now they could double the money they paid for me." Stitched Jerseys . Jim Rutherford, President and General Manager of the Carolina Hurricanes, announced Wednesday that the team would assign Swedish forward Elias Lindholm to his nations team for the upcoming tournament. Wholesale Jerseys Cheap . The 27-year-old Scrivens will be joining his third NHL club since signing with the Toronto Maple Leafs as a free agent in 2010. The move also reunites with him with head coach Dallas Eakins from their time together with the American Hockey Leagues Toronto Marlies. http://www.wholesalejerseyssupplycheap.com/ .com) - The Calgary Flames aim to bounce back from their first regulation home loss of the campaign on Friday night when they host a Detroit Red Wings club that they swept in three meetings a season ago. Discount Nike NFL Jerseys . 31, the CFL club announced Monday. The team also has yet to decide on the future of Doug Berry, who began the season as a consultant to the head coach but took over the offensive co-ordinators duties in July. Cheap Jerseys Authentic . The giant slalom world champion slipped during her first run in the morning, landing on her back and then twisting forward before getting her leg caught in the protective material on the side of the slope. HARRISBURG, Pa. -- Federal officials looking into how Penn State handled child sexual-abuse complaints against former assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky hit the university with a record $2.4 million fine Thursday, saying it violated campus crime reporting requirements, failed to warn people about potential threats and fostered a belief among athletes that rules didnt apply to them.The fine was the result of a five-year investigation begun as Sanduskys 2011 arrest raised questions about what administrators had known about him.A report by federal officials said Penn State officials disclosed in June that 45 people have claimed they were Sanduskys victims. His 2012 conviction and decades-long prison sentence stem from allegations involving 10 boys.The U.S. Department of Education concluded Penn State largely ignored many of its duties under the 1990 Clery Act, which promotes transparency about campus safety.When we determine that an institution is not upholding this obligation, then there must be consequences, department Undersecretary Ted Mitchell said.The Department of Education found Penn State violated regulations by not warning students and employees about Sandusky after administrators were told he abused a boy in a team shower in 2001 and as officials were being summoned to a grand jury and the scope of his behavior was becoming clearer a decade later.Sandusky, due in court Friday as he seeks to have his conviction overturned, still had access to football facilities as his arrest neared. A team official asked for Sanduskys keys, the report said, but Sandusky refused and said handing them over might be construed as an admission of wrongdoing.In short, a man who was about to be charged with violent crimes against defenseless minors was free to roam the Penn State campus, as he pleased, the report said.Penn State said the report was being reviewed and noted that since 2011 it has implemented robust training and is continuing vigorous efforts to create a culture of reporting, safety and accountability.The Department of Education said Penn States police department concealed its investigation into an earlier report involving Sandusky and a boy in a team shower. Police didnt record the 1998 matter on their daily crime log even though university policy required the log describbe the type, location and time of every criminal incident.ddddddddddddThe university argued police couldnt determine whether the interaction rose to the level of a sex offense and because it was unclear a crime occurred there was no need to log it. But the Department of Education noted campus police logged far less serious matters, including someone sleeping in a stairwell.In light of these entries, Penn States contention that the reported incident of a middle-aged man inappropriately touching an 11-year-old boy, while naked and showering with him, didnt rise to the level for inclusion in the daily crime log strains credulity, the Education Department wrote in its report .Former athletic director Tim Curley and former vice president Gary Schultz await trial along with former president Graham Spanier on charges of endangering the welfare of children and failing to properly report suspected abuse. They deny the accusations against them.Investigators said they also found Penn State underreported crimes in annual statistics submitted to the government. In 2002, the university said it had no forcible sex offenses, but investigators said they found campus police received reports of 12 such crimes.The report disclosed new details about the athletics staff, including that then-head coach Joe Paterno had his secretary email Spanier and Curley to say hed take care of disciplining players involved in a 2007 off-campus fight.Paterno had a text message sent to players telling them if they went to the universitys judicial affairs to answer code-of-conduct complaints theyd be thrown off the team, the report said.The report said Paterno was seen during most of his tenure as a disciplinarian and generally didnt interfere in police investigations or ignore bad behavior by his players. But when the university began to reform its student disciplinary process, he resisted efforts to apply the changes to the football program, it said.The previous record Clery Act fine was $357,500 against Eastern Michigan University in 2007, reduced to $350,000 in a settlement.---Associated Press writer Jennifer C. Kerr contributed from Washington, D.C. Sisak reported from Philadelphia. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.