o bowl with the Kookaburra on greentop

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 22.02.2019 12:33
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

SAN ANTONIO -- Minnesota Lynx players did not wear T-shirts supporting the Black Lives Matter movement ahead of Tuesdays game in San Antonio after four off-duty police officers walked away from security jobs at a Lynx game over the weekend because of the garb.The shirts worn before Saturdays game in Minneapolis against the Dallas Wings listed the names of two black men fatally shot by police in Minnesota and Louisiana. The shirts also showed the Dallas police shield above the phrase Black Lives Matter. Five officers in Dallas were fatally shot last Thursday by a sniper during a protest over the two slayings.Lynx spokeswoman Ashley Carlson says the players would not be wearing the BLM clothing in San Antonio.The Lynx organization was made aware about the concerns of the off duty Minneapolis police officers, the team said. While our players message mourned the loss of life due to last weeks shootings, we respect the right of those individual officers to express their own beliefs in their own way. ... We continue to urge a constructive discussion about the issues raised by these tragedies.In a statement Tuesday, Minneapolis Police Chief Janee Harteau said while the officers were working security on behalf of the Lynx, she expects all officers to adhere to our core values and to honor their oath of office when wearing a Minneapolis police uniform.Walking off the job and defaulting on their contractual obligation to provide a service to the Lynx does not conform to the expectations held by the public for the uniform these officers wear, Harteau said.Minneapolis Police Federation President Bob Kroll told the Minneapolis Star-Tribune (http://strib.mn/29zD4qo ) he commends the officers. He says they took their names off a list of officers to work future games.In a post on her Twitter and Facebook accounts Tuesday, Minneapolis Mayor Betsy Hodges called Krolls comments jackass remarks.Let me be clear: labor leadership inherently does not speak on behalf of management. Bob Kroll sure as hell doesnt speak for me about the Lynx or about anything else, Hodges wrote.On Sunday, the New York Liberty wore similar black T-shirts addressing the recent shootings.We do need people to stand up and understand and express that black lives are just as important as any other lives in America, and right now thats not being seen, Liberty guard Tanisha Wright said.New Yorks Swin Cash had stronger words.I think its a shame that we keep seeing people that want to make this movement as something thats violent, said Cash, who repeatedly hit the lectern with her fist and whose voice cracked while speaking. Five cops gave their lives up trying to protect a peaceful movement. And in this country, I do believe that you can assemble peacefully and protest against injustice. So until the system transforms, we cannot sit here and act like there is not a problem here in America.Many athletes have expressed frustration and anger over the recent police shootings, including NBA players Damian Lillard and Carmelo Anthony and Brittney Griner of the Phoenix Mercury.LeBron James and other basketball stars made news in 2014 when they wore T-shirts reading I cant breathe to protest the death of Eric Garner at the hands of police in New York City and five members of the St. Louis Rams made the Hands up. Dont Shoot! gesture before a game in reference to the fatal shooting of Michael Brown by police in Ferguson, Missouri. Custom New York Yankees Jerseys . 4 Villanova with a 96-68 drubbing on Monday. Wragge hit 9-of-14 from behind the arc, matching Kyle Korvers school record for 3-pointers in a game set in 2003, as Creighton (16-3, 6-1 Big East broke a conference record with 21 treys in the rout. Jacoby Ellsbury Jersey . The Vikings announced Thursday that Priefer will be one of seven holdovers from the previous staff, along with offensive line coach Jeff Davidson, wide receivers coach George Stewart and others. Norv Turner will mark his 30th year of coaching in the NFL as the offensive co-ordinator, as widely reported for weeks, and George Edwards will be the defensive co-ordinator. http://www.yankeesrookiestore.com/Yankees-Matt-Holliday-Kids-Jersey/ . Once again Jordan Cieciwa (@FitCityJordan) and I (@LynchOnSports) go head to head in our picks. Last weekend at UFC Fight Night 32 my #TeamLynch got the best of #TeamJC by a score of 9-6. Let us know which side youre on for UFC 167 use the hashtag #TeamLynch or #TeamJC on Twitter. Roger Maris Jersey . Pettersen, winner of last years Evian Championships, had nine birdies and three bogeys, holding off a series of challengers led by Marion Ricordeau of France. The second-ranked Norwegian made her season debut after missing the LPGA Tours opening event last month in the Bahamas because of a shoulder injury. Miguel Andujar Jersey . The Masters champion and winner of last weeks Australian PGA has a three-round total of 14-under 199 at Royal Melbourne. "Im in a really good position for tomorrow," Scott said. Sachin Tendulkar has suggested that every Ranji Trophy game be played on two different pitches to prepare a better Test team for overseas assignments.He also suggested that bilateral Test series could be made more engaging by having back-to-back home-and-away rubbers so that the strength of two teams remains mostly constant but the varying conditions pose a bigger challenge.I have thought a lot about neutral venues in Ranji Trophy [which is being tried this season], Tendulkar said at the Hindustan Times Leadership Summit in Delhi.I have a suggestion which can be radical. When we go to places like Australia, New Zealand, West Indies and South Africa, we play with Kookaburra balls which swing early. Think about a young Ranji batsman playing with SG Test ball in India and then facing difficulty overseas.Let us have the first innings on a greentop with Kookaburra balls, which would give openers a challenge. Even the bowlers will have something. Our spiinners will also learn how to bowl with the Kookaburra on greentops.ddddddddddddNow let there be a pitch adjacent to the greentop which would be a rank turner. Now the second innings will be played on that track with the SG Test ball which would also help our batsmen play against quality spin bowling. We have been too focussed on playing pace in overseas conditions but we should not forget how to play spin bowling.Tendulkar felt the use of two different pitches and two different balls would nullify the toss factor.A captain would start thinking that winning the toss will give him only 10 percent advantage that is his right to choose first, he said. But if he chooses to bowl on greentop he should remember that he would need to bat on a turner in the fourth innings.BCCI president Anurag Thakur was also among the audience. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.