Scioscia has managed the Angels since 2000 and is the longest

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 21.02.2019 09:13
von zhangzk • Gaser Lehrling III | 167 Beiträge

Los Angeles Angels manager Mike Scioscia is expected to step down at the end of this season Miguel Andujar Jersey , according to a report by Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic. Only four managers in baseball history have managed one team for more consecutive seasons than these 19 by Scioscia.The 59-year-old Scioscia led the Angels to a World Series title in 2002.The Athletic’s report was pinned on unidentified major league sources and surfaced late Saturday night following the Angels’ 3-0 loss at Cleveland. Scioscia is under contract through the end of 2018. The Angels are 55-57 this year.A voicemail left by The Associated Press with a media relations member traveling with the Angels was not immediately returned.Scioscia has 1,625 career wins. The former big league catcher led the Angels to six division titles and seven playoff appearances. NEW YORK (AP) — Mets captain David Wright believes he will return to the New York Mets this season.The 35-year-old third baseman participated in a simulated game before Saturday’s game against the Philadelphia Phillies. He faced Anthony Swarzak and Tim Peterson and hit an opposite-field homer to right-center off Peterson for his only hit.Wright has not played in a major league game since May 27, 2016, because of neck, back and shoulder injuries that required surgery.“I think so,” Wright said when asked if he thought the Mets would clear him to play this year. “The communication has been fantastic.”Wright hit .171 with two RBIs in 41 at-bats during 12 games of a minor league injury rehabilitation assignment from Aug. 12-29.“Where he got to at the end of the 20 days was not where we thought he needed to be http://www.athleticsfanproshop.com/authentic-khris-davis-jersey ,” Mets assistant general manager John Ricco said Friday. “Honestly, it does get more difficult to foresee a situation where he could come back to that level.”Wright intends to have another simulated game Tuesday and then meet with chief operating officer Jeff Wilpon, a son of owner Fred Wilpon. Jeff Wilpon watched Saturday’s session.“The last thing that I want to portray is that there is some sort of rift between the Mets and I. That’s false,” Wright said. “There’s been communication, and I know where they stand and they know where I stand. So the communication, especially recently Kendall Graveman Jersey , has been fantastic and I look forward to meeting Jeff in the coming days and formulating a game plan from here to the end of September.”A seven-time All-Star, Wright has salaries of $20 million this year, $15 million next season and $12 million in 2020, the final year of his deal. If the Mets reinstate him from the 60-day disabled list, it would likely diminish the amount of insurance money they could collect on his contract.“There’s been an open dialogue and, obviously http://www.athleticsfanproshop.com/authentic-jose-canseco-jersey , I want to play, and understandably there’s some hurdles that I have to clear before that,” Wright said.Wright fielded grounders in addition to hitting.“I’d like to have some better at-bats,” Wright said.Mets manager Mickey Callaway was impressed with Wright’s defensive footwork and his throws across the diamond.“You can see some things. More importantly it’s David feeling things, and him knowing that he can go out there and perform,” Callaway said. “He’s played a ton of major league games. He’s going to know when that time comes.”The rookie manager understands how much of a different club the New York could have been with Wright.“We would have been a much http://www.athleticsfanproshop.com/authentic-jed-lowrie-jersey , much better team because of his leadership and his ability to play this game,” Callaway said.Wright was on the disabled list from April 15 to Aug. 24, 2015, when he strained his right hamstring and then developed spinal stenosis. He returned late that season as the Mets won their first NL pennant since 2000 but has not played for them since May 2016. Dr. Robert Watkins operated that June 16 to repair a herniated disk in Wright’s neck. After Wright’s rehabilitation was slowed by shoulder pain last year, Wright had surgery Sept. 5 to repair his right rotator cuff, and Watkins performed a laminotomy in early October in which a bony layer over the spinal canal was removed to treat nerve compression.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.