scouting combine. "I could see myself as a supers

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 22.01.2018 08:30
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- As a butterfly fluttered its wings at the net, Kei Nishikori was the one floating and stinging Andy Murray like a bee.Murray was in the midst of a US Open meltdown, after a loud noise from the malfunctioning PA system had given Nishikori a reprieve during a break-point rally in the fourth set.The man whom Flushing Meadows centerpiece stadium is named after used to relax his mind during changeovers by meditating; Murray, raging against the chair umpire for halting play, looked like he could have benefited from taking a leaf out of Arthur Ashes book.He never seemed to shake off the incident; Murray took a swipe at the butterfly with his racket and appeared to injure it, while his US Open title hopes were dealt a fatal blow.I have not let anyone down, a weary Murray told a media conference after his 1-6, 6-4, 4-6, 6-1, 7-5 quarterfinal defeat. I tried my best. I fought as hard as I could with what I had. I didnt let anyone down. Certainly not myself. I pushed myself as hard as I could over the last few months, and Im very proud of how I have done.If someone had offered me the summer that I have had before Wimbledon, I probably would have signed for that.Murray was more motivated than ever coming into the US Open; he had lost just one match since reuniting with Ivan Lendl on the eve of Queens; he had reached the finals of his last seven tournaments; he had won a third major title at Wimbledon, and a second straight Olympic gold medal in Rio.I feel ready, he had told ESPNs Tom Rinaldi before the tournament, where he was bidding to become just the fourth man in the Open Era to reach all four major finals in a calendar year.Since becoming a father I want to make the most of these last few years before its all done. The US Open is a tough, tough one to win at the end of the year. Ive played great the last seven or eight tournaments but to get to No. 1 in the world it takes a great year. Its something Ive never been able to do before.Novak Djokovics position atop the ATP rankings is now unlikely to be threatened in 2016, nor is his grip on the US Open title; there is a nagging feeling Murray missed his shot, here.This seemed like the Scots time -- Djokovic was dealing with wrist and elbow injuries, as well as personal problems that contributed to his shocking third-round exit at Wimbledon.It still would have been a tough task to overcome the fresher Serbian, who has only had to complete two matches here due to opponents pulling out and retiring with injuries, but Murray was the form man.There were early signs, though, that a punishing schedule had taken its toll on Murrays body. He was flat in a third-round win against Paolo Lorenzi, needing four sets and 3 hours, 17 minutes to put away the Italian journeyman.A round-of-16 thrashing of Grigor Dimitrov may have been misleading -- John McEnroe labelled the Bulgarians performance horrible in a 6-1, 6-2, 6-2 demolition job.The Scot also admitted after the match that he had been struggling to sleep in New York, perhaps a symptom of his punishing, globe-trotting schedule the last few months which took him from Rio to New York via Cincinnati in the space of less than three weeks.Ivan Lendl and his assistant coach, Jamie Delgado, had to give Murray a pep talk after the win over Lorenzi and told him to give it everything he had for the rest of the tournament, with a well-earned rest on the horizon.A burned-out Murray will have to wait a little longer for that break; his immediate focus will turn to a tricky Davis Cup semifinal tie against Argentina in Glasgow, with a game Juan Martin del Potro presenting a huge roadblock to Britains chances of retaining their title.But for now, it is a case of clearing his mind.Asking me right now is pointless, he said. Im not going to have the best perspective on things right this minute, but after a few days away and stuff, I would imagine Id be very happy with how I have done and learn from this match today and the summer as a whole, because its been tough. Its been a hard summer.And, yeah, Im happy with how its gone. Theres just a few things I could do differently next time. Wholesale Morocco Jerseys . -- The Magic have their first victory of the new year. Womens Morocco Jerseys . PAUL, Minn. http://www.cheapmoroccojerseys.com/ . -- Kyrie Irvings last-minute 3-pointer helped seal another victory for Cleveland -- and the Cavaliers longest winning streak since LeBron James left. Replica Morocco Jerseys . Each of Houstons starters scored in double figures as the Rockets improved to 2-0 against the Spurs this season, with both victories coming on the road. They also moved within 3 1/2 games of San Antonio (22-7) for the lead the Southwest Division. Cheap Football Morocco Jerseys . The Olympic champion curler and TSN curling analyst immediately went online to look at the Halls long list of honoured members. Thats when the enormity of the honour sunk in. CLEVELAND -- Once again, the Cavaliers are facing a major summer "decision." The last one was hard to accept. This one is difficult to make. And while it doesnt quite stack up with LeBron James infamous announcement that he was bolting from home three years ago and leaving Cleveland heartbroken and short of a title, the Cavs are faced with the challenge of picking another top-flight player to get them back to respectability. For the second time in three years and third time over the past decade, the Cavaliers hold the No. 1 overall draft pick. This year, its both a blessing and burden. With no player emerging as the consensus first choice, the Cavs, who also own the No. 19 pick and two second-round selections (Nos. 31 and 33) have spent the past month doing their due diligence by meeting with players, assessing their needs and weighing their many options. Theyve discussed several trades to rid themselves of the top pick, move down and acquire veterans for one of the leagues youngest teams. The Cavs have kept things close to the vest during the weeks leading into the draft. General manager Chris Grant has not spoken publicly to the media since firing coach Byron Scott after last season, and the Cavs did not open their pre-draft workouts to reporters. As of Tuesday night, Grant and his staff were still working on their draft board and its possible they could go into Thursday with their plan still evolving. Last weekend, owner Dan Gilbert, who made it clear after winning the lottery that he expects his team back in the playoffs next year, even went on Twitter to solicit some feedback. "Ok (at)cavs fans, its Chris Grants call but who do you like .1 & why?" Gilbert posted. "One of the toughest calls in NBA draft history. Lets hear your view." It was so much easier two years ago, when the Cavs took point guard Kyrie Irving, who despite some injury issues -- hes missed 38 games in two seasons -- has developed into an All-Star and is one of the leagues rising stars. That same year, Cleveland used the No. 4 pick on forward Tristan Thompson and then selected shooting guard Dion Waiters fourth overall last year. Both Thompson and Waiters proved to be solid picks, and along with Irving, form the foundation for the Cavs to build upon. Picking the next piece isnt such a given. The Cavs dont view any of the top candidates as immediate game-changers. In fact, they arent certain their top pick will crack the starting lineup as a rookie. Kentucky centre Nerlens Noel, Maryland centre Alex Len, Kansas shooting guard Ben McLemore, Georgetown forward Otto Porter Jr., UNLV power forward Anthony Bennett and Indiana guard Victor Oladipo are all in tthe mix and under consideration by the Cavs, who went 24-58 last season, finished 25 1-2 games out of first place and havent sniffed the post-season since James left.dddddddddddd All six of the top players have their plusses and minuses, and barring a trade, the Cavs will eventually have to settle on one of them. "The Cavs have to take the attitude of, Lets find out what these guys do well instead of obsessing over what they cant do," ESPN draft expert Chad Ford said. "Because if you do that, you disqualify every player in the draft, especially this year." Under normal circumstances, the 6-foot-11 Noel would be a slam-dunk selection. However, the Kentucky defensive standout is still recovering from a torn knee ligament sustained during his freshman season and probably wont be available to play until January. Noel visited the Cavs last week, and while the club is intrigued by his shot-blocking skills, theres concern the 206-pounder will get pushed around underneath by bigger, stronger, more seasoned centres. Also, Noel has an extremely limited offensive game and putting him on the floor at the same time with Anderson Varejao and Thompson doesnt make sense. Len, too, has injury issues. Hes recovering from surgery for a stress fracture in his left ankle, which wasnt diagnosed until after the 7-foot-1 centre left Maryland after his sophomore season. Lens statistics -- 11.9 points and 7.8 rebounds -- certainly dont scream No. 1 pick, but theres reason to believe hes only scratched the surface of his potential. The Ukranian has been compared to former Cavs centre Zydrunas Ilguaskas, who overcame serious foot problems to have a solid career and now works in Clevelands front office. McLemores stock took a hit recent amid reports Kansas officials are reviewing allegations that his former AAU coach received $10,000 to steer him to agent Rodney Blackstock. While that may raise questions about McLemores character, the Cavs like that he made 42 per cent of his 3-pointers and could see him in lineups alongside Irving and Waiters. There hasnt been a true shooting guard taken first since 1975, when Atlanta selected David Thompson, who decided to play in the ABA before coming over to the NBA when the leagues merged. McLemore, whose game has been compared to Ray Allens, knows he has a chance to do something special. "I can make history," the 20-year-old said at the scouting combine. "I could see myself as a superstar at the next level. The hard work pays off. Years before this I probably wouldnt think Id be in this position to take care of my family and take care of myself. Its a dream come true." Its up to the Cavs to make it happen. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.