demand.I didnt even think about it, said Visha

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 03.02.2019 15:06
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Joakim Soria blew another save and the Kansas City Royals chances to return to the postseason took another hit.Pinch hitter Yonder Alonso delivered a two-run double in the eighth inning and the Oakland Athletics rallied past Kansas City 5-4 Tuesday night.The defending World Series champion Royals dropped five games out of the wild-card race with only 18 games left.Thats a really hard situation to come in to, Alonso said. I think early on, I knew I was going to have an opportunity, a meaningful opportunity obviously, with the game on the line to come up with a big at-bat.Soria blew his seventh save chance in eight opportunities. He was summoned with two outs in the eighth and the Royals clinging to a 3-2 lead.On his second pitch, Soria gave up a double to Alonso over the head of center fielder Jarrod Dyson, scoring Brett Eibner and pinch runner Joey Wendle.Soria then yielded an RBI single to Marcus Semien.Its a difficult position when youre not used to that, said Soria, who has 203 career saves. This season has been really, really different to me. I guess in 10 years it can happen sometimes.Unfortunately for me and my team, it happened this year. They need me the most and Ive been having poor results, he said.Rookie Matthew Strahm (2-1), who gave up an infield single to Chad Pinder before Soria replaced him, took the loss.Royals manager Ned Yost said he did not to use Kelvin Herrera for a four-out save and Wade Davis was unavailable after throwing nearly 50 pitches in back-to-back saves Saturday and Sunday.I had confidence in Jack, Yost said. I thought it was a good situation for him. I didnt mind the matchup with Alonso. Jacks had two days off.Ultimately, its my plan. Im responsible for my plan. And that was my plan and it didnt work, he said.Will he continue to use Soria in those pressure situations?I dont make decisions after games like this, Yost said. I havent even thought about. Im not even going to speculate on what Im going to do, without thinking about it and sleeping on it.Jacks that guy right now that everybody is on. Jacks had some really good outings this year and hes had some poor outings. How do you determine from one day to the next if I put him out there if its going to be a good outing or a bad outing? It very easily could have been a good outing. It wasnt, he said.John Axford (6-4) pitched one inning. Ryan Madson balked home Dyson with two outs in the ninth before closing for his 30th save in 36 tries.Royals starter Danny Duffy, who has not won since Aug. 21, limited the As to three hits, but two were home runs, in 7 1/3 innings.Duffy gave up a home run to Khris Davis on his first pitch in the fifth. Davis has homered in back-to-back games and hiked his season total to 37, which is the most by an Athletics player since Frank Thomas hit 39 in 2006.Ryon Healy homered to lead off the eighth. After Duffy walked Eibner with one out, he was replaced by Strahm.Paulo Orlando hit a two-run single in the fourth to score Cheslor Cuthbert, who had doubled, and Alcides Escobar, who reached on Semiens error.Semien has committed 11 errors in the past 53 games and tops major league shortstops with 19 fielding miscues.Escobars two-out single in the sixth scored Salvador Perez and chased Jharel Cotton, who was making his second big league start since being acquired in an Aug. 1 trade with the Los Angeles Dodgers.Cotton allowed three runs, only one earned, in 5 2/3 innings, while walking one and striking out two.Im just going out there and pitching the way I know how to pitch, Cotton said. Im not trying to do anything special, just go out there and give my team a chance to win every time I get the ball.ROOKIES GALOREThe As started five rookies -- 2B Pinder, RF Eibner, 3B Healy, DH Renato Nunez and RHP Cotton -- matching a season high.FOOTBALL VISITAs manager Bob Melvin stopped by the Chiefs practice Tuesday. He is a friend of Chiefs coach Andy Reed. The managers cousin, Tom Melvin, coaches the Chiefs tight ends.TRAINERS ROOMRoyals: RHP Chien-Ming Wang (right biceps tendinitis) is eligible to come off the disabled list Wednesday. I dont think it will be tomorrow, but hes definitely making progress, Yost said. ... Perez returned to the lineup after missing the game Tuesday for the birth of his second son, Johan Salvador.UP NEXTAthletics: LHP Sean Manaea will make his first start since Aug. 29 when he left after 3 1/3 innings with strained left rhomboid muscles in the shoulder blade.Royals: RHP Yordano Ventura gave up a season-high 10 hits over seven innings in a loss Friday to the White Sox. Marcos Alonso Jersey . Ivanovic was leading 7-5, 1-0 when Hantuchova withdrew after falling 0-40 behind in the second game. The match started slowly for Ivanovic, who surrendered her first two serves as Hantuchova took a 5-3 lead. Ethan Ampadu Jersey . Cuban testified Thursday that he was upset when the companys CEO told him news that would reduce the value of his shares, for which hed paid $7.5 million. But he said he did nothing improper when he sold those shares over the next two days. http://www.chelseafcproshop.com/Kids-Fikayo-Tomori-Jersey/ . During the athletes parade, the 23-strong Ukrainian team was represented by a lone flagbearer in an apparent protest at the presence of Russian troops in Ukraines Crimean peninsula. Charly Musonda Jersey . -- Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson asked his players a simple question during Fridays morning shootaround: How many of them had ever been on a team 14 games over . Blank Jersey . Brad Jacobs and his Sault Ste. Marie, Ont., team took control of the game early. For the last decade, and probably longer, administrators in the United States of America have sung a familiar refrain to validate the countrys latent market potential, one that almost always traces back to every host nations most desirable suitor: If India showed up and played team X here, it would be a sell-out.This weekend is an opportunity to test that hypothesis. In a historic maiden official visit to American shores, India take on World T20 champions West Indies in two Twenty20 Internationals at the Central Broward Regional Park in Lauderhill, Florida.The BCCIs online marketing machine has been on overdrive in the build-up to the weekend. #TeamIndiaInUSA has been used to generate online buzz from several high-profile athletes. Among them are New York Mets All-Star pitcher Noah Syndergaard, Demaryius Thomas, wide receiver of Denver Broncos, the Pro-Bowl Super Bowl champion, and a host of UFC fighting superstars. The illusion is as though cricket is making a major crossover into the American mainstream.However, this isnt necessarily the first Indian touring side to go to America.Sunil Gavaskar played exhibition matches regularly in the 1970s and 80s with an India XI, mostly at makeshift venues. As recently as 1999, an India A side played five 50-over matches against Australia A in Los Angeles. The sides were captained by VVS Laxman and Adam Gilchrist, with the India line-up also featuring Harbhajan Singh. Television footage that survives show an uninspiring brand of cricket played out on under-prepared pitches in front of mostly empty stands.What makes this visit unique and historic is that its the first full-strength BCCI sponsored side sent to America, for a series that wasnt on the cricket calendar until a month ago. The haste with which these matches have been arranged has been matched by a seeminggly insatiable demand due to the scarcity of the product.ddddddddddddCapacity for the venue was capped at 15,000, and the delay in launching ticket sales managed to make Indian fans appetites more ravenous. Unprecedented traffic on the official ticket-sellers website forced a crash, only for them to restore service a day later, but that hasnt dimmed the excitement.The tickets, however, come at some price. VIP seats have been priced at USD 250, just 25 more than the commensurate rate for the Caribbean Premier League, but basic uncovered bleacher mound tickets have been set at USD 100. Chair-back seats in the covered grandstand have been priced at USD 150, five times what that section was priced at for the CPL last month. Its a hefty but justifiable price many fans will pay to take in the day, going by the demand.I didnt even think about it, said Vishal Ghadia, an Indian expat from Ahmedabad who has been living in Fort Lauderdale for the last 16 years. This is the first time India is coming here, first time ever. Im going to tell my grandkids I was here when India first played in USA.Ghadia and four of his Ahmedabad-origin friends have grandstand tickets for both days. Despite living locally, all of them booked rooms at the same hotel where the India and West Indies teams are staying, just to get a glimpse of and a selfie with the players. They readily acknowledge their passion comes at a price, and insist they would have paid up to USD 500 per day for the weekend. Whether they are the exception or the rule remains to be seen, but the mini-circus scenes that have played out with eager fans in the teams hotel lobby and the broader build-up to the event seem to suggest the latter. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.