Swanson via third round submission JC: Swanson has

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 31.01.2019 12:59
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

OXFORD, Miss. -- Mississippi coach Andy Kennedy shook his head slowly in the post game press conference, uncertain whether to be relieved or bewildered.The Rebels defeated UT Martin 86-83 in the season opener for both clubs in a game that featured 53 fouls, 61 free throws, 41 turnovers and two potential game-tying shots by the Skyhawks in the final five seconds.The thing that bothers me the most are the turnovers, said Kennedy, whose club accounted for 24, including a pair in the final 10 seconds. One thing weve been very good at doing in my time here is we havent turned the ball over. But we were so careless tonight and its maddening.Deandre Burnett proved to be the decisive factor with 23 points, including two free throws with 9.5 seconds remaining for the final margin. Terence Davis scored 19 points, Rasheed Brooks had 12 and Cullen Neal added 10 to lead a balanced offensive attack.Theres no question that he is going to make them, said Kennedy about Burnett, who finished 10 of 10 from the charity stripe. Hes got other areas where hes got to improve, but he makes big shots. This was a good win against a team thats going to win a lot of ballgames.Matthew Butler led UT Martin (0-1) with 25 points, including three 3-pointers in the final three minutes that wiped out a 76-66 Ole Miss lead. Jacolby Mobley scored 17 points, while Kedar Edwards and Javier Martinez added 11 points apiece.I was proud of our effort and how we kept chipping away and fighting in the second half after putting ourselves behind the eight ball, UT Martin coach Anthony Stewart said. At the end, we got the looks we wanted. No question we played hard.BIG PICTUREUT Martin: Despite the loss in Stewarts head coaching debut, the uptempo Skyhawks forced 24 turnovers and led by as many as nine points late in the first half. UT Martin was 12 of 33, 36.4 percent, from 3-point range, including 7 of 14 by Butler.Ole Miss: The Rebels proved they could win despite a limited performance from veteran forward Sebastian Saiz, who fouled out with 8:29 left. The returning leading scorer and rebounder from last season managed only five points and three rebounds. No bones about it. Hes the anchor of this team and he was a no show tonight, Kennedy said. I know it was fouls, but I told him and he knows that he cant be a no show.TURNING POINTTrailing 42-33, Ole Miss had a 14-0 run that spanned the final two minutes of the first half and the opening three minutes of the second half. Neals 3-point shot capped the surge, giving the Rebels a 47-42 lead they never surrendered despite the late surge by UT Martin.UP NEXTUT Martin: The Skyhawks have a quick turnaround, heading home to play Rio Grande Valley on Sunday.Ole Miss: The Rebels host Massachusetts of the Atlantic 10 on Monday. John Ross Youth Jersey .com) - Yankee Stadium is the home of the Bronx Bombers, but on Sunday afternoon it will open its gates to host the latest addition of the Hudson River Rivalry. Jordan Willis Bengals Jersey . -- Jakob Silfverberg is making himself right at home with the Anaheim Ducks, scoring four goals in his first four games. http://www.nflbengalsgearofficial.com/jordan-willis-jersey/ . DAmigo scored twice in regulation and added the shootout winner as the Toronto Marlies edged the San Antonio Rampage 5-4 in American Hockey League action. Joe Mixon Youth Jersey Josh Malone Youth Jersey . -- Al Jefferson found a groove just in time for the Charlotte Bobcats.Can the undefeated Chris Weidman bring an end to UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silvas run at the top? Once again, TSN Radio 1290s Jordan Cieciwa and TSN.cas James Lynch are going head-to-head with their picks for this weekends UFC 162. Anderson Silva (c) vs. Chris WeidmanMiddleweight Championship James Lynch, TSN.ca (@lynchonsports): Middleweight kingpin Silva defends his title for the first time since July 2012, as he squares off with the Serra-Longo Fight Team member Weidman. As expected, the buildup for this fight has focused solely on the resume of the New York native, receiving endorsements from Chael Sonnen and UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre. “The All-American” has looked nothing short of spectacular during his five-fight UFC tenure defeating the likes of Demian Maia and most recently Mark Munoz, whom he knocked out with elbows at UFC on FUEL 4. Weidman is also an interesting style matchup for Silva, being a former NCAA Division 1 wrestler, which could pose problems for the Brazilian Jiu-jitsu black belt. Two big questions surround Weidman heading into this fight. Has he been impressive thus far in his career? Or is it a matter of easier opponents, considering the fact he hasnt had to face the likes of Vitor Belfort or Michael Bisping in earning this title shot at UFC 162. The second question is how will a year long layoff, injuries and the devastation he faced last fall with Hurricane Sandy in his native New York, affect his mental state going into this fight. Add this all up and it doesnt bode well for the Ring of Combat veteran. Weidman no doubt has the style to beat Silva, but I think 38-year-olds superior striking and slick submission skills will be too much for the 29-year-old. Silva via second round TKO Jordan Cieciwa, TSN Radio 1290 (@Fitcityjordan): I have been watching a lot of video on Weidman. I dont see it. Hes not showing anything that will give Silva any trouble. Now the question becomes, does he surprise us all with a trick? Is there something that in Weidmans short career he hasnt put on display? Truth is, he could be a lot more dangerous than I give him credit for. His pedigree is outstanding, and the people pumping his tires know a thing or two about fighting. The only thing that has given Silva any trouble is solid wrestling. Weidman spends a lot of time in the wrestling world. His only chance is to dominate the ground game, take Silva down, and stay absolutely mistake free. Silva is a robot. He will not get rattled and he will capitalize on any mistake. This possibly could be the worst match up to date for Chris Weidman, and I truly believe he is in over his head. Silva via third round TKO Frankie Edgar vs. Charles Oliveira Lynch: The former UFC lightweight champion looks for his first win at featherweight as he matches up against the once promising 23-year-old Oliveira. While the UFC doesnt come close to boxing in regards to booking mismatches, this is really Edgars fight to lose. Since Oliveira made an impressive UFC debut, submitting Darren Elkins at UFC LIVE 2, his career has been very lackluster. Losses to Jim Miller, Donald Cerrone and most recently Cub Swanson have proven that the Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belts biggest struggle seems to be a step up in competition. While the Southpaw does have a decent height and reach advantage over the New Jersey native in this fight, I dont think hell be able to match the speed, power and wrestling prowess that Edgar will inflict. After losing three straight fights I believe the 31-year-old will be able to stop his younger adversary, sometime in the second round for the win. Edgar via second round TKO JC: Edgar is one of the best in the business, and now hes I the weight class where he will be as big as his opponent. Charles Oliveira has yet to really impress consistently. He has been in the cage with some of the best in the business, but he hasnt won any of those fights. Oliveira has two great weapons in his arsenal. He has a quality black belt in jujitsu, and he fights left handed. That south paw stance wont be too much for Edgar, and that will be the problem. Oliveira isnt known for striking, Edgar is. Frankie can also wrestle and that is the kryptonite for most BJJ Blackbelts. Edgars losing streak should come to an end with some excellent ground and pound. Edgar via second round TKO Tim Kennedy vs. Roger Gracie Lynch: Two Strikeforce imports faceoff for the first time, as jiu-jitsu wizard Gracie goes to war with former U.S Military Sergeant Kennedy. Like many who have transitioned from submission wrestling to MMA, Gracie has found success amassing an impressive 6-1 record, with his onlyy blemish coming at 205 pounds to former Strikeforce light heavyweight champion King Mo back 2011.dddddddddddd While he doesnt have the experience of his American opponent, he does possess a five-inch height and reach advantage over the Jackson Winklejohn product. No doubt the 31-year-old will look to take this fight to the canvas and aim to submit the Texas native, but thats easier said than done. Kennedy has never lost via submission during his 21-fight career, even in losses to submission aces Jacare Souza and Jason “Mayhem” Miller. Despite the size advantage and Gracies decorated ground game, I think Kennedys wrestling and superior standup will be enough for him to earn a unanimous decision victory. Kennedy via unanimous decision JC: Im a huge Tim Kennedy fan, and I dont know why. Its definitely not because he is out of the Jackson MMA camp, I dont like how they train their fighters. Strictly from the sports growth perspective. I think its the fact that he is Military through and through, he speaks his mind, and backs it up on a regular basis. The problem I see with Kennedy winning this fight in a knockout fashion or ending this at all is that Gracie has the ability to get this to the mat and start to dominate there. If not dominate, at least escape the danger of having a very aggressive Kennedy gunning for the KO. The fact the Gracie has a five-inch height advantage will also play into this. It will be difficult to close the distance. Kennedy will be the aggressor and that will get him the win. Kennedy via unanimous decision Mark Munoz vs. Tim Boetsch Lynch: Two fighters coming off losses look to legitimize their relevance in the middleweight division, as Kings MMA wrestling coach Munoz matches up with “The Barbarian” Boetsch. Aside from Swanson vs. Siver, this may be the most competitive matchup on the main card with both fighters being high-level, decorated wrestlers. After being brutalized by Weidman in his last fight and having a long layoff due to injury, no doubt Munoz has a disadvantage heading into this contest. Boetsch meanwhile looked uninspired in loss to Costa Philippou and in his victory over Hector Lombard. This time around, I see Boetsch coming out strong, similar to the fighter we saw take out Yushin Okami back in 2012 in what many called the comeback fight of the year. Boetsch via unanimous decision JC: If you have been following Munoz as of late you will know he has been battling some demons. The elbow injury took him to a place he has never been mentally. Having had the pleasure of working with a few guys up at Team Reign I can tell you that Munoz has a team around him that has rallied to support their boss. Weidman definitely picked him apart, as a fan of Munoz I chose to believe thats because of injury and mental state. Both these fighters have looked a lot better in their careers than their last fights would suggest. My hope for this fight is to see the old “Barbarian” take on the “Filipino Wrecking Machine” we used to know. If these two show up at their best, we will see an excellent fight. Munoz via split decision Cub Swanson vs. Dennis Siver Lynch: One thing you can bank on, its doubtful this fight will go to a decision as both fighters have 28 finishes between the two of them. A string of bad luck and injuries have kept Silver on the sidelines since December, and “The Menace” knows a win over Swanson, who is currently riding a four-fight win streak, will certainly propel him up the featherweight rankings. The Jackson-Winklejohn product Swanson knows an impressive showing against the German fighter will inch him closer to a title shot with Jose Aldo. Physically these two fighters match up very similarly, however if Swanson can avoid the power of his adversary and take this fight to the mat, the 29-year-old should have his hand raised at the end of this fight. Swanson via third round submission JC: Swanson has been impressive and growing as a fighter in his last four appearances. Jackson-Winklejohn arent always the best thing for fighters, in the case of Cub, they have been improving him as a well-rounded fighter. With that said, I really believe that Dennis Siver has what it takes to stop Cub Swanson. Cub has a very unique striking style. Im sure Dennis Sever will be ready for it, and pick him apart. Siver via second round TKO Undercard Picks Lynch: Leben, Parke, Gonzaga, Barboza, Baczynski, Pierce JC: : Leben, Parke, Herman, Barboza, Baczynski, Mitchell Agree or Disagree? Let us know what you think in the comment section or hit us up on twitter with your own #UFC162 picks. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.