he 3-point line. So guys really hug up (the

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 31.01.2019 12:38
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Manager Ned Yost was unsure what to expect from his starting pitcher.Jarrod Dyson had two hits, scored a run and stole a base in Jason Vargas first start in 14 months, and the Kansas City Royals beat the Chicago White Sox 3-2 on Saturday night to snap a five-game losing streak.Vargas, who was making his first start in 423 days after having Tommy John surgery on August 5, 2015, gave up a first-inning run on Melky Cabreras RBI single, but retired eight of the last nine batters he faced.He was a little better than I expected, Yost said. Its been 14 months since hes been on a major league mound and his first big league start since coming off Tommy John. I dont know how you have expectations on anything like that. You just want to go out, feel good and get through it and come off of it healthy, on a good note. I think we accomplished all those things tonight.Vargas said his stuff was very similar to his six minor league rehab starts.There were a couple of times where I got behind in some counts, (but) I think thats just part of being back out there, Vargas said. I felt pretty good about where I was able to throw the ball and how it went.Vargas was pulled after 52 pitches and three innings. Dillon Gee (7-8) replaced Vargas and held the White Sox to one run and five hits over 4 1/3 innings.Today is about Vargy coming back from TJ (Tommy John surgery), Gee said. Thats a big deal for him to come back and get a start again and come back healthy from that surgery. He did a great job. I just wanted to come in and hold it there.Dyson, who is 10 for 15 off White Sox starter Miguel Gonzalez (4-7), singled to lead off the first, advanced to second on Whit Merrifields bunt single, stole second and scored on Kendrys Morales sacrifice fly.Dyson, who extended his hitting streak to 10 games, also singled in the Royals two-run fifth. Hunter Dozier, who was making his second major league start, and Eric Hosmer delivered run-producing singles in the inning, which Alcides Escobar opened with a triple.He got in a bind there, White Sox manager Robin Ventura said of Gonzalezs fifth inning. I thought he got out of some trouble. It could have been worse. I thought he pitched his way out of it and they ended up getting two.Avisail Garcias double, which struck the third base bag, scored Jose Abreu in the eighth for the final White Sox run. The White Sox went 2 for 9 with runners in scoring position and stranded eight runners.We had opportunities, Ventura said. We hit the ball pretty good, got some guys on base, just couldnt cash them in.Wade Davis worked a flawless ninth for his 25th save in 28 chances.MILESTONE REACHEDYost picked up his 1,000th career victory as a manager. He is the 62nd manager in big league history to reach that total. Youre 62 years old. I dont want to go home and drop dead of a heart attack at 999, Yost said and laughed. Id like to at least try to get to a thousand and then I can go any time after that.WANG OUTThe Royals designated RHP Chien-Ming Wang, who went 6-0 with a 4.22 ERA in 32 bullpen outings, for assignment. Wang won 19 games in back-to-back seasons, 2006-07 with the Yankees, before injuries derailed his career.TRAINERS ROOMWhite Sox: DH Justin Morneau has not played since Monday, when he hurt his neck swinging against the Indians. Old man neck, Morneau said. I just have to be patient with it. Morneau said if his neck keeps improving he would take some swings Sunday and maybe available Monday would be great. ... IF Tyler Saladino did not play after injuring his left calf Friday. Just a little tweak, so hes getting treatment, Ventura said.UP NEXTWhite Sox: LHP Jose Quintana is 0-2 with a 3.32 ERA in three starts against the Royals this season.Royals: LHP Danny Duffy is 0-1 with three no-decisions since an Aug. 21 victory over Minnesota. Nike Air Max Shoes China . I cant pinpoint a date, but I do remember a player from my youth. Brian Downing was with the Chicago White Sox at a time when I listened to every game I possibly could on the radio. That particular season the late great Harry Caray was calling the White Sox games. Nike Air Max Shoes Outlet .Y. - New Orleans forward Anthony Davis was chosen Friday to replace the injured Kobe Bryant in the NBA All-Star game that will be played in his home city. http://www.cheapairmaxshoes.com/ . The parade and rally were held to celebrate the Saskatchewan Roughriders 45-23 win over the Hamilton Tiger-Cats on Sunday in the CFLs championship game. Cheap Womens Nike Air Max Shoes .com) - Christian Ponder will get another chance to prove himself for the Minnesota Vikings, with head coach Leslie Frazier announcing Wednesday that the struggling quarterback will start this weekends game against the Green Bay Packers. Nike Air Max Shoes Online . It was the kind of score that might make everyone else wonder which course he was playing. Except that Graeme McDowell saw the whole thing. Crouched behind the 10th green at Sheshan International, McDowell looked over at the powerful American and said, "Ive probably seen 18 of the best drives Ive seen all year in the last two days. HOUSTON -- Back in the day, when Mike DAntoni had a mustache, the Phoenix Suns took the NBA by storm. DAntonis Suns led the NBA in offensive pace and scoring behind point guard Steve Nash.Now DAntoni, sans mustache, is with the Houston Rockets, and hes turned over his high-powered offense to James Harden. But the Rockets offense isnt about pace. In fact, Houston is 10th in the NBA in pace, at 100.1, and has been in the middle of the pack for most of the season.So what gives?I think James and every point guard has their pace, its whatever theyre comfortable with, DAntoni said. I think people have a misconception of pace. Its how the ball goes; its once you get it over half court, were pretty quick at it. You play it all kinds of different ways.On the season, the Rockets lead the league in points after an opponents made shot at 1.12 and are seventh in seconds per possession at 16.2. The Rockets are averaging 0.972 points per play in the half court, which ranks fourth in the league. In transition, theyre at 1.14 points per play, which ranks just 10th because transition opportunities are generally much better.The pace, as far as the Rockets are concerned, is not about rushing it up the floor, but doing something when you get there.The best part is me throwing advance passes and guys are scoring and guys are running hard, Harden said. Our bigs and our wings are running hard, getting easy layups and easy 3s, thats the fun part.Pushing the ball up the floor isnt the main goal of Harden as the point guard. He takes his time as he looks for a long pass for an easy layup or an open 3. If thats not there, Harden brings it across the timeline with 18 or 19 seconds left on the shot clock. Thats when Harden does his best work.The Rockets will send a big man, normally Clint Capela, to screen for Harden. If Capela rolls with a defender, Harden keeps the ball, continuing to look for an open man.Ryan Anderson, the stretch 4 the Rockets signed in the offseason, will also screen for Harden and remain in 3-point range looking for a shot.Harden will also get double-teamed in the frontcourt, allowing Anderson or someone else to remain free for an open jumper. Harden leads the league in assists at 11.4 per game and is fourth in points per game at 28.5. He also leads the league in points per assists (27.6) andd potential assists (21.dddddddddddd1).The playmaking ability of Harden has opened a door for his teammates to produce more plays. Andersons range has increased this season to a career-high 18.6 feet per shot attempt. Anderson, for the first time in the last two seasons, is shooting over 40 percent from 3-point range.Its funny because sometimes I dont even realize how deep they are, Anderson said of his shots. But being able to spread the court that much around James gives him that much room. If you move back a few feet on the perimeter, there really havent been very many teams where a guy is going to be in the paint when Im standing outside the 3-point line. So guys really hug up (the lane). Imagine having James having that much room, where I guess guys hug up, I guess, 3 feet off the 3-point line during some moments. It gives us a real advantage.Trevor Ariza has attempted 155 3-point shots this season, up from the 120 he attempted through 21 games last season.Capela is a favorite target of Hardens on pick-and-roll plays and lobs to the basket, to the tune of a .634 field goal percentage.A lot of these plays are made in the half court when the defense is set and trying to anticipate what Harden will do. Yeah, its good, Harden said. The advance passes, and we get into our offense and try and score as quick as possible, not just any shot but the best shot, and from there use our basketball instincts.When Harden isnt on the floor, Patrick Beverley or Eric Gordon pushes the pace a little quicker. The Rockets have a strong bench; Gordon is second in the league in bench scoring. In Wednesdays victory over the Los Angeles Lakers, Beverley was just three rebounds shy of a triple-double. The Rockets had a season-high 35 assists.So while offensive pace can be read in different ways, the Rockets basically up the pace in the half court. Thats the only real pace that matters.I didnt know what to expect, Harden said of DAntonis offense.Now its free-flowing. (DAntoni) doesnt try to control anything; if he has a play, hell throw it at me, and if I have something better Ill just tell him I got something better and hes cool with it. That kind of relationship goes a long way. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.