interception.This is hopefully the beginning

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 29.01.2019 14:28
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

CLEMSON, S.C. -- Clemson coach Dabo Swinney hoped his team would end an early season funk with a big game and some big plays against South Carolina State. Chances came early and often in a 59-0 rout on Saturday.The game was such a mismatch that the fifth-ranked Tigers (3-0) scored two touchdowns in the first quarter with no time running off the clock and the coaches agreed to shorten the third and fourth quarters from 15 minutes to 12.An NCAA rule allows for games to be shortened by time.Swinney knew the Tigers had questions about themselves after two, less-than-crisp offensive showings against Auburn and Troy. In this one, Clemson put up 31 points in the first quarter to improve to 31-0 against Football Championship Subdivision opponents.This was great for our team, for our spirit and our morale, Swinney said.Clemson led 45-0 at the half against the Bulldogs (0-3), with Deshaun Watson throwing three TD passes to get the Tigers rolling.I enjoyed myself, Watson said with a smile. There was a lot more energy on the sidelines, too.Clemson, with three wins to open the season for the fifth time in the last six years -- is 31-0 against FCS teams.The lopsided score comes after Watson told fans he was sorry for the 30-24 win over Troy for any negative energy he brought to that game. This time, he was the 4-of-4 on the opening drive that ended with a 7-yard TD pass to Ray-Ray McCloud.Watson and McCloud also connected on a 36-yard scoring pass. Watson threw a 17-yard TD to Deon Cain in the second quarter before heading to the sideline.The strangest sequence of the game involved a first-quarter gaffe by South Carolina States Ahmaad Harris on a kickoff return after a Clemson TD. He flipped the ball to the official in the end zone before taking a knee to stop the action. Clemsons Denzel Johnson recovered the fumble -- 14 points, no time off the clock.Watson completed 12 of 15 passes for 152 yards.Swinney said referees approached him about the shortened game and then, after agreeing, officials spoke with South Carolina State coach Buddy Pough, who also said yes. Hes got a game Thursday night himself, so youve got to look on his side as well, Pough said. Anything we can do to make our teams better for the next week, we probably needed to do.THE TAKEAWAYSouth Carolina St: The Bulldogs will be grateful to return to their Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference after losing its first three games against FBS opponents by a combined 150-24 score. Weve had the three-game trip from hell, Pough said. Hopefully, we can regroup and get ourselves ready to play in our league.Clemson: The Tigers were looking for offensive confidence and got some in the blowout win. However, things wont be so easy when Clemson starts ACC play on Thursday night at Georgia Tech. Watson and his offense, some who thought would be the most dynamic attack college football had seen in years, will need to prove their skills against bigger opponents if they hope to return to the College Football Playoffs.HOT SUBSHolder Seth Ryan, son of Buffalo coach Rex Ryan, had two catches with his father watching in Death Valley. The son of Clemson athletic director Dan Radakovich, grad student and reserve tight end Grant, caught a short pass and then leaped a Bulldogs defender as his teammates jumped and screamed in excitement.POLL IMPLICATIONSCLEMSON: The Tigers win wont do much to enhance or detract their spot in the rankings. The team theyre chasing in the ACC is likely to flip after No. 10 Louisvilles dismantling of No. 2 Florida State, 63-20. The Clemson-Louisville debate should be settled at Death Valley in two weeks when Louisville plays here on Oct. 1.KEY NUMBERSSOUTH CAROLINA STATE: The Bulldogs managed only 48 yards rushing on 32 carries. Their punter, Jerome Pettiway, probably saw the most action with 10 kicks for a 40.1 average.CLEMSON: The Tigers put up offensive numbers that were routine last season -- 555 yards and 27 first downs en route to their most points since routing Virginia 59-10 in 2013.UP NEXTSouth Carolina St: Bulldogs open MEAC play, and face their first non-FBS opponent, at Florida A&M on Saturday.Clemson: The Tigers start conference play in the ACC at Georgia Tech on Thursday night. Clemson has lost its past five games in Atlanta with its last victory at Georgia Tech coming in 2003.---AP college football website: collegefootball.ap.org Jon Lester Jersey . 1 position. The Mustangs (6-0), who beat Queens 50-31 last weekend, earned 17 first-place votes and 287 points in voting by the Football Reporters of Canada. Western was last ranked first in the country in October 2011. Fergie Jenkins Jersey . Most important, perhaps, it went off without a hitch. Organizers poked a little fun at the now-infamous opening ceremony gaffe that saw only four out of five snowflakes open up into rings, leaving the Olympics logo one ring short. http://www.authenticcubsteamproshop.com/cubs-joe-maddon-jersey/ . The team also announced Tuesday that the Braves will wear a commemorative patch on the right sleeve during the season. The patch, shaped like home plate, carries the number 715, Aarons autograph and a "40th Anniversary" banner. Koji Uehara Jersey . The International Olympic Committee released the official list of bid cities on Friday after the deadline for applications had passed. The candidates -- all previously announced in their own countries -- are: Almaty, Kazakhstan; Beijing; Krakow, Poland; Lviv, Ukraine; Oslo, Norway; and Stockholm. Steve Cishek Jersey . -- Kyrie Irvings last-minute 3-pointer helped seal another victory for Cleveland -- and the Cavaliers longest winning streak since LeBron James left. EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Bryce Petty jogged onto the field to a standing ovation from excited New York Jets fans eager to see him make his first NFL start.When it was all over, they left the stadium disappointed.Petty was intercepted by Alec Ogletree with just under two minutes left, lifting the Los Angeles Rams to a 9-6 victory over the Jets.Im not going to let this define my career, Petty said. Im not going to let this define me.Petty started in place of an injured Ryan Fitzpatrick, a move many fans and media had been clamoring for for weeks. But after a solid first few drives, Petty and the Jets couldnt get much going against the Rams defense.I really cant wait to go back and watch film, Petty said, learn from this and get better from it.The Jets dropped to 3-7 and their playoff hopes are just about over. Their quarterback situation remains uncertain, with coach Todd Bowles unwilling to commit to either Petty or Fitzpatrick as the starter for New Yorks next game against New England in two weeks following a bye-week break.Well evaluate that next week, Bowles said. Weve got the bye week to evaluate that and well see how Fitz feels. Well watch the film on Bryce and well make the determination next week.Fitzpatrick was listed as questionable with a sprained left knee , suffered last weekend at Miami. Bowles said throughout the week Fitzpatrick would remain the starter for Sundays game -- as long as he was healthy enough to play. The two split first-team snaps during practice all week.Fitz wasnt completely healthy, Bowles said. Although he took reps in practice, Bryce took the `important reps.Fitzpatrick was active for the game and served as Pettys backup, while rookie Christian Hackenberg was inactive.I wanted to start, Fitzpatrick said, but theres a lot of things that go into the decision.Fitzpatrick tried to prove to the coaches and medical staff before the game that he was ready to play, but they determined he would sit out and would play only in an emergency.That put Petty under center, the 29th quarterback to start for the franchise since Joe Namaths final games with the Jets in 1976.He made some good throws, Bowles said of Petty. Hes got some growing pains. He ran outt there for the first time and from a composure standpoint, he was fine.dddddddddddd Hes just got to clean up a few things.After getting the ball with 2:55 remaining and down by three, Petty tried to lead the Jets downfield. But on second-and-7 from the New York 42, Pettys pass to Quincy Enunwa was picked off by Ogletree. Enunwa tried to wrestle it away from the linebacker to no avail, and Case Keenum took three knees to end it.This one hurts, Petty said. Kind of took this one on the chin for myself. I wanted a better outcome, but I love this game.Petty, a fourth-round draft pick out of Baylor last year, went 19 of 32 for 163 yards with a touchdown and the loss-sealing interception.This is hopefully the beginning of a long career for me, Petty said. Its at least what I anticipate, what I want. Theres things youve got to learn.Greg Zuerlein kicked three field goals, including a go-ahead 34-yarder with 6:52 left, helping the Rams (4-5) snap a four-game losing streak and avoid their first five-game skid since weeks 9-13 last season.The game featured 15 punts -- eight by the Jets and seven by the Rams -- as neither offense were the models of efficiency or excitement. New York finished with 296 yards of total offense, while the Rams had 280.Petty drove the Jets 99 yards on the Jets second possession, finishing with his first NFL TD pass with a little razzle-dazzle on a toss to Brandon Marshall, who flipped it to Bilal Powell for a 4-yard score.I think he was efficient, Marshall said. Hell get better, and well continue to make plays for him.But Petty misfired on a long pass on third-and-14 from the Rams 32 that couldve been an easy touchdown in the closing minute of the first half. He slightly overthrew Robby Anderson, who was wide open but had to reach high as the ball tipped off his hand.Ive got to hit that, Petty said. Ive got to make that as easy as possible. I wish I had that one back. Those are the plays in this kind of game that youve got to make. I missed that.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.