ger Robin Ventura said RHP Andre Rienzo will re

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 21.01.2018 08:27
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

CHICAGO -- The NL Central-leading Chicago Cubs added bullpen help Wednesday by acquiring left-hander Mike Montgomery from the Seattle Mariners for first baseman and designated hitter Dan Vogelbach.Chicago obtained right-handed prospect Jordan Pries in the deal. Right-hander Paul Blackburn also goes to Seattle.The 27-year-old Montgomery has a 2.34 ERA in two starts and 30 relief appearances with the Mariners this season. The former first round pick of Kansas City was traded to Tampa Bay in the 2012 James Shields deal, when the Cubs Joe Maddon was managing Tampa Bay.I was with him in two spring trainings. I was in Triple-A, but I went to the big league camp. I had conversations with him and hes great. Everything about him was fun, so Im looking forward to it, Montgomery said.Montgomery said Mariners general manager Jerry Dipoto told him about the trade during Seattles 6-5 win over the White Sox in 11 innings.I was a little sad at first, understanding that Im not going to be here with these guys in this city. But at the same time, Im excited because Im going to a good team and Im ready to go contribute any way I can and help them win a World Series, Montgomery said.It kind of hit me by surprise, he said. When I heard the news, I wasnt shocked, but I definitely didnt see it coming.Montgomery said the Cubs told him he would begin in the bullpen.Mike had a good deal of value in the market today, Dipoto said. I told him he built up so much equity from opening day to today in the industry, that his value I thought was at a high.He pitched incredibly well for us, he did a great job in the `pen, hes done a great job since we asked him to fill in in the rotation and he fills a real niche for the Cubs. I think that combination of events allowed us to get a pretty good deal for him, he said.Maddon described Montgomery as big left-hander with a very good arm.Hes certainly not a household name, but we think hes got a chance to take off, Cubs president of baseball operations Theo Epstein said.Epstein and GM Jed Hoyer was looking for a boost in the bullpen with Travis Wood and Clayton Richard the only healthy left-handers. The NL Central leading-Cubs are likely to seek more reinforcements as they aim for the clubs first World Series title since 1908.Every day they come down and talk to me postgame about what their thoughts are, Maddon said after Wednesdays 6-2 win over the New York Mets. Theyre obviously very good at piecing everything together. I just give my suggestions when asked. Were working diligently every day, and Mike Montgomery is a nice fellow.Vogelbach, 23, was hitting .318 with 16 homers and 64 RBI in 89 games for Triple-A Iowa. The Cubs selected Vogelbach in the second round of the 2011 amateur draft.Pries, 26, had a 4.93 ERA in Double-A Jackson and Triple-A Tacoma this season. The 22-year-old Blackburn had a 3.17 ERA in 18 starts with Double-A Tennessee. Adidas Hu Minions . Sgt. Eric ONeal says most of the arrests at Monday nights game were for public drunkenness, though one person was taken into custody on suspicion of trying to steal a seat from the stadium. Human Race Sko .C. -- Charlotte Bobcats coach Steve Clifford said after all of these years in the NBA hes still amazed at some of the things LeBron James does. http://www.nmdskonorge.com/adidas-nmd-r1.html . Boucher previously coached the Tampa Bay Lightning and had a 97-78-20 record over two-plus seasons. He was dismissed by the team last March after the Lightning struggled in the lockout-shortened season with a 13-18-1 record. Adidas NMD Hvit . Vettel was 0.168 seconds faster than Red Bull teammate Mark Webber around the Suzuka circuit. Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg was two tenths of a second off Vettel. "The car balance is decent, but I think we can still improve," Vettel said. Adidas NMD Norge . -- Washington Redskins tight end Fred Davis was charged Thursday with driving while intoxicated, a day after he was suspended for an NFL substance-abuse policy violation.CLEVELAND -- The Cleveland Indians can seemingly do nothing wrong. The Indians rallied from a two-run deficit in the ninth inning Wednesday night and Carlos Santana hit a leadoff home run in the 10th to give Cleveland its seventh straight victory, a 6-5 victory over the Chicago White Sox. Santana hit a 3-2 pitch from Dylan Axelrod (3-7) into the right field seats for Clevelands ninth walkoff win of the season. The crowd of 22,258 roared when the ball reached the seats and Santana threw his helmet in the air as he reached home plate and was mobbed his teammates. "I love that situation," said Santana, who dashed toward the infield after being doused with water. "All the time I was looking for a fastball and I made contact." It looked like Clevelands winning streak was about to end when Chicago scored twice in the ninth to break a 3-3 tie, but sacrifice flies by Michael Bourn and Jason Kipnis off White Sox closer Addison Reed tied the game. "We played hard all the time," Santana said. "When they went ahead I didnt see any player with their head down." The Indians won Monday on Jason Giambis ninth-inning homer and used a four-run eighth inning to overtake the White Sox on Tuesday. "Winning and the way youre winning breeds confidence," Indians manager Terry Francona said. "I always think we have a chance." The Indians, who remain 2 1/2 games behind Detroit in the American League Central, have won 12 of 16. The White Sox have dropped sixth straight and 12 of 15. Chicago is 25 games under .500 for the first time since Sept. 11, 1989. The frustration continues to build for the White Sox. Chicago, picked to contend for the playoffs, is last in the division and trails the Tigers by 21 games. "None of us have the answer for whats going on," Reed said. "Its puzzling. I wish I knew how to fix it and get us out of this. When things are going bad, things are going bad." Chris Perez (4-1) hit Adam Dunn with a pitch with two outs in the 10th, but struck out Paul Konerko to end the inning. Both teams scored two runs in the ninth. Pinch-hitter Jeff Keppingers two-run single with the bases loaded gave Chicago a 5-3 lead. Cleveland tied the game on sacrifice flies by Michael Bourn and Jason Kipnis. Keppinger, who was in a 3-for-31 slump, lined a 3-2 pitch from Cody Allen to right-centre to break the tie in the ninth, but Reeed couldnt lock down his 27th save.dddddddddddd Corey Kluber pitched a career-high 8 2-3 innings but was pulled after Conor Gillaspies two-out single in the ninth. Dayan Viciedos single off Allen moved Gillaspie to third. Gordon Beckham walked to load the bases. Keppinger, batting for Josh Phegley, got ahead in the count 3-0. He took the next two pitches for strikes before delivering. Michael Brantley started the Indians ninth with a double. After pinch-hitter Giambi was hit by a pitch, Drew Stubbs laid down a bunt in front of the plate. Reed fielded the ball and fired to first but Stubbs beat the throw, which was in the dirt and had to be scooped by Dunn. Bourns sacrifice fly made it 5-4 and both runners advanced a base. Nick Swisher was intentionally walked and Kipnis tied the game with another sacrifice fly. Asdrubal Cabrera struck out to end the inning. Kluber allowed three runs, all coming in the sixth when the White Sox rallied from a 3-0 deficit. White Sox starter Carlos Quintana recorded his major-league leading 14th no-decision, allowing three runs in five innings. Kipnis groundout scored a run in the first. Brantley added an RBI double in the fourth while Santanas fifth-inning double stretched the lead to 3-0. Chicago tied the game in the sixth on Alexei Ramirezs RBI double and run-scoring singles by Alex Rios and Dunn. A day after pulling off trades, both teams were quiet as the 4 p.m. EDT deadline came and went without either making another deal. Chicago sent pitcher Jake Peavy to Boston and acquired four minor leaguers in a three-team trade with Detroit on Tuesday. The Indians acquired left-hander Marc Rzepczynski from St. Louis and optioned right-hander Vinnie Pestano to Triple-A Columbus. Rios, another subject of trade speculation, sustained a bruised left foot after fouling off a pitch Tuesday but X-rays were negative. He was in the lineup Wednesday and had an RBI single. NOTES: Cleveland hasnt been 11 games over .500 since June 5, 2011. ... The Indians have beaten the White Sox seven straight times. ... White Sox manager Robin Ventura said RHP Andre Rienzo will remain in the starting rotation in Peavys former spot. Rienzo became the first Brazilian-born pitcher in major league history when he went seven innings Tuesday. ... Indians RHP Justin Masterson (12-7) takes on White Sox LHP Chris Sale (6-10) in the four-game series finale Thursday at 12:05 p.m. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.