14 lead at the first break, and the visitors built on tha

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 28.01.2019 12:32
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

TORONTO -- Auston Matthews checked his phone before his NHL debut and came across text messages from former teammates. It wasnt exactly encouragement. The Toronto newcomer was in their fantasy hockey lineups.Hopefully, I did all right, the 19-year-old said a day later.Fantasy hockey owners would indeed be proud. Matthews became the first player in modern NHL history to score four goals in his debut , a 5-4 overtime loss at Ottawa on Wednesday night. He scored his fourth goal with 3 seconds to go in the second period.Hes going to have great nights down the road, Maple Leafs defenseman Morgan Rielly said Thursday. But this one will be one that hell remember for a long time.It took less than 10 minutes for Matthews, the first player picked No. 1 overall by the Leafs in 31 years, to find the back of the net.The play started with two nifty dekes by 20-year-old William Nylander just inside the Ottawa zone. He danced around Senators defenseman Mark Borowiecki and then flung a pass into the middle for Matthews, his shot attempt squirting just wide of the goal. It was eventually claimed behind the net by Zach Hyman, the third member of Torontos all-rookie line.I tried to just pick it up and I saw Auston and I just threw it back in front and he was there, Hyman recounted.Matthews quickly fired a shot past Anderson steps outside the crease, Senators defender Chris Wideman just a second late in tying him up.After Ottawa scored twice in less than 2 minutes, Matthews struck again on the most eye-catching goal of the evening.Hyman took the action in from steps away like an astounded fan.Theres so many little things on that play that I think most guys cant do and he did it all in one play, the 24-year-old Hyman said. The puck was in the net pretty quick.Matthews gained control of it in the neutral zone, slipping it through the legs of a helpless Mike Hoffman. He whirled into the offensive zone and lost control of the puck briefly, Senators captain Erik Karlsson temporarily taking hold of it along the boards. Undeterred, Matthews dodged a check from Hoffman and before Karlsson, a former Norris Trophy winner, had a chance to make a play, lifted his stick, swiped the puck back and attacked the crease.Perhaps missed on first glance was the slight whack Matthews gave Karlsson on the left leg, an attempt to make the defenseman think he was coming from the left instead of the right. He then got a quick shot under Andersons glove seconds before Marc Methot could drop to the ice and break up the play.Just a couple puck battles, Matthews said. I think I was able to sneak by my check there and catch Karlsson off-guard and (then) was able to just pick the puck, go in and slide it 5-hole there.Watching it unfold Hyman thought: Hes a good player.Matthews completed his hat trick 1:25 into the second period on his third shot of the game .Rielly instigated the action, veering into the offensive zone with speed before he was steered into the left corner by Ottawas defense. He nonetheless managed to thread a pass through a sea of skates to Matthews, wide open in the right faceoff circle.Rielly said he knew Matthews was there the whole time and was only able to get the pass through all that interference because of his teammates positioning.He changed his speed and he went into a good spot where I was able to get it to him, Rielly said. If he had just driven the net like most guys do I dont think it wouldve worked. But he stopped up and he made his blade available and thats what happened.Matthews fourth and fifth shot attempts were denied, but it was evident a fourth goal was coming and indeed it arrived in the waning moments of the second period.With 9.7 seconds left and the score tied 3-3, Jake Gardiner lofted an outlet from the Toronto zone past a leaping Brassard. Matthews snatched it up near center ice, found Nylander and then took off to the front of the net. Nylander slid a pass just under the stick of Wideman, the only defenseman back for Ottawa.I just put it there and then he put it in, Nylander said.It was the finishing touch on history.Matthews said he would give the four pucks from his debut to his mother, Ema.I think just playing in your first NHL game you know its going to be a special night, said Matthews, already looking ahead to Torontos home opener against Boston on Saturday night. Just going out and there and getting your first taste of the NHL and living your dream right there its pretty special. Womens UA Stephen Curry 3 . -- Mike Smith never saw his first NHL goal go in. White UA Stephen Curry 1 . -- Vincent Lecavalier got everything but the desired result in his return to Tampa Bay. http://www.cheapuastephencurry.com/ ., for the next three years with the signings on Monday of Daryl Townsend and Michael Carter. Blue UA Stephen Curry 4 . The Vancouver coach and an announced sellout crowd of 18,910 watched in dismay as the Canucks lost 7-4 to the New York Islanders on Monday night by squandering a 3-0 lead in the third period. Gold UA Stephen Curry 2 . LOUIS -- Rookie Tavon Austin has missed another day of practice, lessening the odds hell be ready for the St. NSW Swifts have set up a rematch of last years trans-Tasman netball league final with a 64-45 semi-final win over the Magic in Hamilton on Monday.The comprehensive win showcased the Swifts at their best - gritty defence melding with a driving midcourt and finished off by superbly accurate shooting.Apart from a sluggish start, the Swifts dominated every quarter, earning the chance to avenge last years 57-56 grand final loss to the Firebirds.The Magics zone defence worked well in containing the Swifts pacy attacking line in the first stanza, introducing some uncharacteristic hesitation into the front third.Two quick goals in the last 30 seconds gave the Swifts a 16-14 lead at the first break, and the visitors built on that momentum as the second quarter progressed.Goalkeeper Sharni Layton was outstanding in her 100th ANZ Championship game, relentless in harassing Magic shooter Jo Harten, intimidating on the shot and impressive in hunting the ball outside the circle.Turnovers proved costly for the Magic, the home team unable to score from the few they created while the Swifts proved clinical in converting theirs to lead 33-24 at halftime.The Swiffts were ruthless in winning the third quarter 16-7 to take a 49-31 lead into the last 15 minutes, easing back in the final stanza to wrap up a comprehensive win.ddddddddddddShooter Caitlin Thwaites missed only three goals over 60 minutes, sinking 43 from 46, ably supported by Susan Pettitts 15 from 19, while Harten led the way for the Magic with 38 from 42.Swifts skipper Kim Green, playing her first full game since injuring her knee in round five, said the Swifts had worked hard to shut down the Magic defensively.We knew we just had to have that defensive pressure, and I think you could see that all over the court, she said.We know how hard it is to ball off teams like this, and we have to make sure we stick to our game plan when we do get those turnovers. Magic captain Leana de Bruin said it was a disappointing way to end the season.We just didnt play our own game tonight, and credit to them - they pushed us into areas we didnt like to be in.They were fast and furious on attack, and we just couldnt stick to them. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.