d perform to my best, said Fowler.I do thin

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 25.01.2019 12:14
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

BALTIMORE -- The Army football team and its fans around the world can finally rejoice.No longer will they have to listen to barbs from Navy or lament another missed opportunity in the biggest game of the year.At long last, The Streak is over.Army ended a 14-year run of frustration against the Midshipmen, using an overpowering running game and opportunistic defense to carve out a long overdue 21-17 victory Saturday.With future commander in chief Donald Trump looking on, the Black Knights blew a 14-point lead before quarterback Ahmad Bradshaw scored on a 9-yard run with 6:42 left to give Army the win it had been waiting for since 2001.The Black Knights 14-game losing streak was the longest by either academy in a series that began in 1890. Army (7-5) now trails 60-50-7 in one of the nations historic rivalries.We heard for a long time here at West Point about the streak and all that, Army coach Jeff Monken said. It feels good to be a part of the team that put that to an end.Navy (9-4) was coming off a physical 34-10 loss to Temple in the American Athletic Conference title game and had only one week to prepare for Army with a new quarterback, sophomore Zach Abey, who was making his first college start. Abey took over Will Worth, who broke his foot against Temple.Abey ran for two touchdowns but passed for only 89 yards and was intercepted twice. Navy had four turnovers, three in the first half.I take a lot of responsibility for the game, Abey said. Obviously, in the first half I made some bad decisions. I feel horrible for the seniors.This senior class at Navy has accounted for 37 wins, most ever at the Academy over a four-year period. But theyll never forget this defeat.It hurts a little bit. It hurts a lot a bit, senior receiver Jamir Tillman said. We will take this loss into the offseason and use this as inspiration and run with it.That was a mantra chanted by the Black Knights for the past 14 years. Not anymore.Im just happy for our seniors, Monken said. The sense of pride that theyll have to go on, having beaten Navy, having beaten our biggest rival in their senior year. Its great for everybody in that locker room. I want them to enjoy it.By halftime, Army led 14-0 and owned a 14-1 advantage in first downs.After watching from the Navy side of the field before halftime, Trump visited the TV booth on the Army side in the third quarter. The interview with the president-elect coincided with a big shift in momentum.In the second half we made some adjustments, and those helped us out pretty well, Navy defensive end Amos Mason said.Andy Davidson lost a fumble on the Black Knights first possession of the second half and the Midshipmen recovered at the Army 32. A screen pass for 16 yards set up a 1-yard touchdown run by Abey to get Navy to 14-7.Minutes later, the Midshipmen got a field goal after a replay overturned a lost fumble by Abey at the Army 11.A 41-yard touchdown run by Abey gave Navy the lead with 12:42 remaining. But Army wasnt done.The Black Knights put together a 12-play, 80-yard drive that lasted nearly seven minutes and ended with Bradshaws TD.It was a great feeling, the junior quarterback said. I cant describe it. It just felt amazing. Our team worked really hard for this to happen today.Bradshaw went 2 for 4 for 35 yards and an interception in Armys first win in Baltimore since 1944.Davidson ran for 87 yards and two first-half scores, and Kell Walker carried 16 times for 94 yards.NEVER QUITSome teams might fold after letting a two-touchdown lead vanish. Not Army.When they took the lead 17-14 ... maybe some teams get that look in their eye of doubt, or concern, Monken said. But I think our guys just knuckled down and were determined that they were going to win.FAREWELL VERNEThis was the final football game in the broadcasting career of 76-year-old Verne Lundquist. He was cheered by the crowd during a live shot on the scoreboard.THE TAKEAWAYArmy: The Black Knights appear to be on the upswing under Monken, now in his third season. Theyre headed to a bowl game and have a victory over Navy to celebrate.Navy: The Midshipmen are staggering to the end of the season after a 9-2 start. The loss to Temple was tough to take, but this was much, much worse.UP NEXTArmy: The Black Knights meet North Texas in the Heart of Dallas Bowl, Armys first postseason action since 2010.Navy: The Midshipmen face Louisiana Tech in the Armed Forces Bowl on Dec. 23. It will be Navys 13th bowl appearance in the last 14 years.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 Cheap Air Max 97 Orange China . Philadelphia is 2-0 against the Senators this season and scored five goals in each victory. The Flyers recorded a 5-0 win in Ottawa on Nov. 12 and then earned a 5-2 home decision on Nov. 19. The Flyers have claimed three straight and four of the last five encounters with the Sens overall and Philly has won two in a row and three of its past four tests in Canadas capital city. Cheap Air Max 97 Red China . As he recorded his 23rd and 24th points of the evening, a segment of the sellout Air Canada Centre crowd expressed their appreciation for the Raptors point guard with a smattering of MVP chants. http://www.cheapairmax97fromchina.com/cheap-air-max-97-all-black-china/ .Y. -- The Buffalo Sabres have placed centre Cody Hodgson on injured reserve and recalled two players from their AHL affiliate in Rochester. Cheap Air Max 97 Grey China . In taking its goal tally to 99 in all competitions already this season, City delivered another demonstration of its lethal firepower at Etihad Stadium to set up a fourth-round match at home to another second-tier team -- Watford. Cheap Air Max 97 Purple China . But the quarterback hopes to stay involved in football after officially calling it quits Tuesday. "Id love to look at those opportunities as they arise," Pierce said in an interview from his Winnipeg eatery. Anthony Fowler hopes his experience will see him prevail in a treacherous opening bout at Rio 2016.The Great Britain middleweight faces No. 5 seed Zhanibek Alimkhanuly, who won gold at the 2013 World Amateur Championships in his homeland Kazakhstan, on Monday.Fowler, who is the cousin of former England footballer Robbie Fowler, had to settle for bronze at the same 2013 World Amateur Championships after injury prevented him boxing in the semifinals.The 25-year-old, from Liverpool, is aiming to ensure Great Britain wins an Olympic middleweight boxing medal for the third successive Games following 2012 bronze medallist Anthony Ogogo and 2008 gold medallist James DeGale.Ive won gold at the Commonwealth Games and bronze at the World Championships and they have all got me ready for this, and I know for a fact Rio wont be too much for me and I will handle the pressure and perform to my best, said Fowler.I do think middleweight is one of the hardest divisions because its the average weight for a man so theres a lot more competition. Its very tough but I know on my day I can beat them all.Looking at previous middleweights, they have all done well, Anthony Ogogo got a bronze, James DeGale won gold, so hopefully I will keep that going and I dont see why not, Id love to do it.Fowlers cousiin Robbie knows all about the pressure that comes with representing your country at a global tournament, having gone to two European Championships and the 2002 World Cup with England.dddddddddddd.However, the retired Liverpool striker has not been doling out advice as Anthony prepares for Rio. Robbie doesnt give me any tips about boxing, he sticks to the football and I stick to the boxing, said Fowler.Ive never really thought about talking to him about the major tournaments he has been to. Theyre such different sports. In football theres a template on the pitch, whereas I get in the ring and theres a lad trying to knock me out. Its a completely different game.People think it helps me in some way having him as my cousin, but it doesnt help me at all. He wishes me luck and thats it.The Great Britain middleweight has turned down offers to turn professional in order to pursue his dream of winning Olympic gold.Im trying to take it one step at a time but obviously turning professional is a long-term goal of mine that I might pursue after Rio, Fowler said.But at the moment my only concern is that gold medal, Ive been working towards that for six years now. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.