or batting out of order in the first. After No. 3

in Hier könnt Ihr Umfragen erstellen und Posten 25.01.2019 11:58
von riluowanying123 • Gaser Meister | 2.685 Beiträge

WIMBLEDON -- Novak Djokovic will be the first to tell you he still hasnt managed to generate the outpouring of love tennis fans shower on Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal.But on the court, in the category of Slam streaks, he continues to distance himself from those already legendary players.On Wednesday, Djokovic won his 30th consecutive match in a Grand Slam -- the third-best major run in the history of mens tennis. Only Don Budge (37) and Rod Laver (31) have done better.Let the record show that the 6-4, 6-3, 7-6 (5) victory against Adrian Mannarino?was?made possible by the 80-million pound, 1,000-ton roof over Centre Court. This was the generous present the All England Club bestowed upon the Frenchman on the occasion of his 28th birthday.In his on-court interview after the match, Djokovic was asked if, having notched 30 straight major wins, he was surprising himself.No, not so much, was his deadly honest reply. I do have a lot of expectations for myself. Im very grateful I can play at such a high level. Thats definitely a statistic Im very proud of.On the second consecutive day of rain at Wimbledon, Djokovics reign over his peers continues unabated. Since losing to Stan Wawrinka in the 2015 French Open final, he has been very close to perfect.Think about this: For 387 days in a row now, Djokovic hasnt experienced the agony of a single defeat in a Grand Slam event. From the emerald grass of the All England Club to the hard blue courts of New York and Melbourne to the red clay at Roland Garros and back to Wimbledon, he hasnt had a single misstep.Djokovics record in sets is a smoking 90-13 (.874) and hes only been pressed to the precipice on two occasions.A year ago here, Kevin Anderson stunned Djokovic -- and the entire tennis world -- by winning the first two sets of their fourth-round match in taut tiebreakers. Djokovic rallied to win in five. At this years Australian Open, Djokovic again lived dangerously in the fourth round, escaping Gilles Simon 6-3, 6-7 (1) 6-4, 4-6, 6-3.Despite losing in straight sets, the left-handed Mannarino acquitted himself well. He was serving at 4-5, 30-all in the first frame but missed a pair of backhands to give Djokovic the set. In the third, Djokovic was serving for the match when Mannarino broke him, prompting the capacity crowd to erupt in applause. Mannarino actually earned two more break-point opportunities than Djokovic did but could only convert one of nine. The match ran 2 hours, 5 minutes, a bit long for a second-round match for the world No. 1.Early in the third set, Djokovic hit the best shot of the match, hooking a running forehand around the net post.There are far bigger fish (and chips) to fry here than a mere consecutive-match record. Djokovic is intent on winning his fifth consecutive Grand Slam title and becoming the first man since 1969 to take the years first three majors. That would place him one away from equalling Lavers 1969 single-season Slam.In the larger context, it would be Djokovics 13th Grand Slam singles title, placing him one shy of Pete Sampras and Rafael Nadal for joint second all time, and only four behind Federers all-time record of 17.The pressure, Djokovic explained before the tournament, is always there.Pressure is part of what we do, he said. Its inevitable to face this kind of sensation as a top player, being expected to do well and to go as far as last four at least in the tournament or finals. But the more you get to face this kind of pressures and emotions, the more you get used to them.The better you are in coping with it and handling it.Two down, five to go. Another day in paradise for Novak DjokovicObviously, Im at the peak of my career at the moment, Djokovic said. It hopefully can still keep going. I see still lots of room for improvement, things that I can work on. Thats something that encourages me. Thats something that keeps me grounded in a way, gives me more reason to practice. Sami Khedira Jersey . John Lucas, signed as a mentor for rookie Trey Burke, showed he can score if required, scoring 12 points of his 16 points in the second quarter as Utah built an 18-point lead. Gonzalo Higuain Jersey . The deal is pending a physical, assistant general manager Bobby Evans said. Traded from Seattle to Baltimore on Aug. 30, Morse also can play first base and right field to give manager Bruce Bochy some flexibility in writing his lineup. http://www.juventusfcpro.com/Kids-Gianluigi-Buffon-Jersey/ . Nathan MacKinnon, Jamie McGinn and Jan Hejda also scored for the Avalanche, who won despite being outshot 38-23. MacKinnons goal, also on the power play, came with just over a minute remaining. Emre Can Jersey . Halifax beat the Saint John Sea Dogs 7-5 on the strength of two goals apiece from Nikolaj Ehlers, Matt Murphy and Brent Andrews. Jonathan Drouin also scored and had three assists while Zachary Fucale made 17 saves for the Mooseheads (16-8-0), who led 6-1 after two periods. Daniele Rugani Jersey . Clarkson had been dealing with an elbow injury in early January and will be out of action for at least one week. He has three goals and five assists through 36 games with the Leafs this season. WASHINGTON -- Max Scherzer can live with giving up home runs as long as runners arent on base. Against a dominant Junior Guerra, even one solo blast was too many.Guerra outdueled Scherzer, Martin Maldonado homered, and the Milwaukee Brewers defeated the Washington Nationals 1-0 on Monday.Guerra (6-1) allowed two hits in 7 1/3 innings, striking out seven and walking two. The 31-year-old rookie threw eight scoreless innings of two-hit ball in his previous start and has won three straight.Maldonado gave the Brewers the lead in the fifth when he sent a 2-1 pitch from Scherzer (9-6) over the visitors bullpen for his third homer of the season.Most of the times solo bombs, they dont beat you, said Scherzer, who has allowed an NL-high 21 homers. It happened today.One day after hitting six homers in a 12-1 win against the Reds, Washington batters were stifled by Guerra. In one stretch, he retired 12 straight before Jayson Werth singled with two outs in the sixth. Then, with runners on second and third after a walk and a wild pitch, Guerra struck out Wilson Ramos.We only had a couple of opportunities to score, Nationals manager Dusty Baker said. Ive always said the advantage goes to the pitcher when you havent seen him before. ... We flirted with the fence most of the day and he kind of had us fishing for that split-finger.Shortstop Jonathan Villar made a sliding catch of Ben Reveres pop fly along the left-field foul line to end the eighth.Jeremy Jeffress pitched the ninth for his 22nd save as Milwaukee snapped a four-game losing streak.Scherzer threw 114 pitches in six innings as Milwaukee hitters consistently fouled off pitches. He gave up a run and four hits, while striking out seven and walking three. The right-hander hasnt pitched more than siix innings in three of his last four starts.ddddddddddddI just havent been quite as efficient over the past couple of outings, Scherzer said. Im kind of scratching my head over that.Fans were still settling in for the traditional 11:05 a.m. July 4 game when the Brewers lost a hit for batting out of order in the first. After No. 3 hitter Ryan Brauns two-out single, Baker visited home plate umpire Cory Blaser.Ultimately, Jonathan Lucroy, who was listed third on the lineup card given to the umpires before the game, was charged with an at-bat and an out. Braun, who does usually bat third, hit fourth and led off the second inning.I screwed up, Brewers manager Craig Counsell admitted. I was going with some different lineups yesterday with Ryan in and out of the lineup. And it was just my mistake. ... The guys certainly picked me up.NSYNCRHP Jonathan Papelbon (right rib muscle strain) returned from the 15-day DL and pitched a scoreless ninth. (Papelbon) gets our bullpen back in sync, Baker said.TRAINERS ROOMBaker kept a `banged-up 2B Daniel Murphy out of the lineup, but Murphy flied out as pinch hitter in the eighth ... RHP Joe Ross trip to the 15-day DL with right shoulder inflammation was mainly precautionary, Baker said, and that if this was late in the season Ross could have pitched.UP NEXT:Brewers: RHP Zach Davis (5-4, 4.22) allowed six runs on eight hits over 4 1/3 innings in his last outing, but had gone 5-0 with a 2.64 ERA over his 10 prior starts.Nationals: LHP Gio Gonzalez (4-7, 4.81) allowed six runs on six hits in a June 25 loss at Milwaukee. Hes given up three or more earned runs in his last eight starts. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: shilpakuted
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 4366 Themen und 4387 Beiträge.